Germany: there is no guarantee the EU will buy the quantity of soybeans that Washington expects

Ted Frazier

Gold Member
Nov 12, 2016
A couple of days ago Donald Trump announced a deal whereby the European Union allegedly would buy tons and tons of soybeans from United States farmers. Today we hear this:

Kloeckner, speaking to Reuters on the sidelines of a G20 meeting in Buenos Aires, said the amount of soy Europe will import is yet to be determined.

Will we be able to do whatever President Trump wishes for? I don’t know. Let’s see whether this will be the case or not,” she said.
Germany says U.S.-Europe trade tensions ease, questions remain on soy

I hope this doesn’t end up like that the Korea situation. Trump said there would be denuclearization but Korea started working on more nukes instead.

Soooo, she wants the trade deal, but may not live up to it. Watch tariffs head their way again.

A couple of days ago Donald Trump announced a deal whereby the European Union allegedly would buy tons and tons of soybeans from United States farmers. Today we hear this:

Kloeckner, speaking to Reuters on the sidelines of a G20 meeting in Buenos Aires, said the amount of soy Europe will import is yet to be determined.

Will we be able to do whatever President Trump wishes for? I don’t know. Let’s see whether this will be the case or not,” she said.
Germany says U.S.-Europe trade tensions ease, questions remain on soy

I hope this doesn’t end up like that the Korea situation. Trump said there would be denuclearization but Korea started working on more nukes instead.
/----/The trouble is all other presidents just rolled over and caved in. Trump is negotiating the way he pledged. Why don't you give him time to see how it shakes out?

Forum List

Back