Give guns to 6 year olds

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Alabama School Bus Hostage Situation: Man Fatally Shoots Driver, Kidnaps 6-Year-Old Passenger

MIDLAND CITY, Ala. — Police, SWAT teams and negotiators surrounded a rural property where a man was believed to be holed up in an underground shelter Wednesday after fatally shooting the driver of a school bus and fleeing with a 6-year-old child passenger.

The standoff went through the night after a gunman boarded a stopped school bus in the small town of Midland City on Tuesday afternoon. Dale County Sheriff Wally Olsen said the man shot the driver when he refused to let the child off the bus. The shooter took the child away and the driver died of multiple gunshots.

If only the kids had guns, they could have averted this tragedy.

Right, gun nutters?

Actually, I'll just bet the nutters would want the school bus driver to have a gun.

Court records showed Dykes, 65, had been scheduled to appear in court Wednesday morning to face a charge of menacing some neighbors as they drove by his house last month. The neighbors said he yelled and fired shots over damage he claimed their pickup truck did to a make-shift speed bump in the dirt road.

The sheriff's office named the victim as Charles Albert Poland, Jr., 66, who had been a bus driver since 2009 for the Dale County Board of Education....

Neighbor Claudia Davis, 54, said Dykes yelled and fired shots at her, her 20-year-old son and the son's 5-month-old baby when they were passing in their pickup truck.

Any bets that he owns the gun legally?

If the bus driver had had a gun he could have defended himself by shooting the bad guy, which would have saved his own life and prevented the poor six year old from having to experience this traumatizing event.

Oh, I forgot. Leftists only want the bad guys to have guns.

My bad, carry on.

Only a Lefty thinks a 6 year old should be armed. The 6 year olds' PARENTS should be armed and teach him how to shoot. Get it right.

Yeah looks like the Driver could have defended himself if he were armed. Too bad there wasn't a sign displayed that said "This Bus is a Gun Free Zone" then the shooter would have just walked away right?

:cuckoo:

A kid got kidnapped, 1 dead, and all your ass can think of is your BS agenda. Proof is in the pudding, bitch

Why weren't his guns taken away after he fired over people's heads?

Why are the rw's so DEAD set against protecting our citizens?

Why do rw's think that the "agenda" of protecting Americans against gun violence is "vile"?

Our country is addicted to violence and murder. If being against that is "vile", I'm more than happy to be "VILE". But, in point of fact, its the right that wants people to have more guns and its the right that wants more murders.

Forum List

Back