Gold Member
Jun 11, 2010
Brick, New Jersey
images

(Excerpt)

A Gunman, Recalled as Intelligent and Shy, Who Left Few Footprints in Life

By DAVID M. HALBFINGER

Published: December 14, 2012

He carried a black briefcase to his 10th-grade honors English class, and sat near the door so he could readily slip in and out. When called upon, he was intelligent, but nervous and fidgety, spitting his words out, as if having to speak up were painful.

Pale, tall and scrawny, Adam Lanza walked through high school in Newtown, Conn., with his hands glued to his sides, the pens in the pocket of his short-sleeve, button-down shirts among the few things that his classmates recalled about him.

He did all he could to avoid attention, it seemed.

Until Friday.

Read the full article here: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/15/n...-is-now-identified-as-a-mass-killer.html?_r=0

(Close)

Guns are not the cause of such events as the NewTown massacre. Psychopathology is. And there seems to be quite a bit of that in this rather un-sane society of ours. While I'm not aware of any reliable statistics on the subject I would guess the United States is the world leader in its percentage of every-day, walking-around, lethally dangerous screwballs.

It seems simply logical that rather than focus preventive attention on inanimate tools of psychopathic endeavor, such as so-called "assault weapons" and high-capacity cartridge magazines, some thought should be given to recognizing certain outstanding characteristics of the types of personalities who are most likely to step off at the deep end and strike out at their imagined oppressors. If some fundamental profiles can be established, those whom the shoes fit, such as Adam Lanza, can be recognized and kept an eye on.

I think Afghanistan or Pakistan might be the current title holders of "Most crazy people per capita".

Wow!

I had no idea there is such overwhelming evidence of what is causing these kids to go wild. I'm not trying to be funny in saying all of it could have been prevented by putting these kids on measured, regulated doses of tetrahydracannabinol (marijuana), which would elevate their depressed moods, tranquilize their hyper and antagonistic moods, pacify them and open their minds to intellectual contemplation of the world around them and any problems they may have.

A good pot brownie hath charms that soothe the savage breast.

A good book for any doubter to read is, Marijuana, The Forbidden Medicine, by Dr. Lester Grinspoon, MD/PhD, Professor of Psychiatric Medicine, Harvard Medical School (available from Amazon).

Last edited:

Forum List

Back