Glitches are Getting Fixed

Post a link? Or are you more comfortable mouthing rumors from bloggers?
Oops, answered my own question.

Obamacare's broken website cost more than LinkedIn, Spotify combined | Digital Trends

The exact cost to build Healthcare.gov and its related systems is difficult to determine due to the expansive nature of the project and the murky details in federal budgets. But based on the figures and details available, here is my best estimate of what this flawed system has cost us: The most clear data comes from a U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) report from June (pdf), which states that the U.S. Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) spent “almost $394 million from fiscal year 2010 through March 2013 through contracts” to build the “federally facilitated exchanges” (FFEs) – the complex system that includes Healthcare.gov as well as certain state-based exchanges – the data hub, and other expenditures related to the Obamacare exchange system. While GAO states that the “highest volume” of that $394 million was related to the development of “information technology systems,” a more detailed look at that cost shows that a portion that $394 million was spent on things like call centers and collection services. Take that out, and you’re left with roughly $363 million spent on technology-related costs to the healthcare exchanges – the bulk of which ($88 million) went to CGI Federal, the company awarded a $93.7 million contract to build Healthcare.gov and other technology portions of the FFEs.

The GAO is spreading rumors again..... :lmao:

As Fox stated, the WEBSITE was $93M. So there was supposed to be nothing or no one behind the website? No infrastructure? And that's how the new health care system is supposed to work. Like Facebook? I see.

Hey buddy,

You need to read the actual Fox Story. Here is the real cost per the Washington Post. It was supposed to cost $93 million. It went about 5x over that. Thanks Obama.

Here?s everything you need to know about Obamacare?s error-plagued websites

"The primary Obamacare exchange contract went to the CGI Group, a Canadian consulting company that has also played a role in administering Canada's single-payer health care system. CGI has been awarded at least $88 million by CMS to build the federal exchange and provide related technical support.

CMS provided another $55 million to Quality Software Services, a Maryland-based health care IT company, to build the data hub, software that serves as an intermediary between all those federal agencies and the Obamacare exchanges.

Several other federal contractors have also been awarded multi-million dollar contracts to assist with various aspects of building and operating the exchanges. A June report by the Government Accountability Office found that CMS had already committed to spend $394 million on the system."

In the three years that this has been in the planning, I could have written each page and every line of Server Side Scripts, along with the entire back-end, complete with the database farm necessary to balance the traffic loads...all for a cool 12 million.

My website would work however......so maybe I'm not a good fit for the Obama....I actually believe in accomplishing things.

The temporary glitches that are common with huge projects like this are not a big story, and have gotten the correct amount of coverage they deserve: Very little.

The glitches are fixable and are being fixed as you read this post.

The glitches are also certainly not proof that the ACA was a mistake.

Proof of mistakes in policy would be things like 4000-plus corpses coming back from Iraq, no cheering for US troops in Baghdad, and no WMD program found in Iraq anywhere. Those are proof that a policy was boneheaded, and most conservatives have yet to acknowledge them.

No wonder Mittypoo lost.

Do liberals ever get any fact right?

Sure. The Iraq War was a mistake. Liberals were 100% vindicated by the events of that ill-thought GOP adventure, and by 2006's election, most Americans had realized liberals had been right all along. That's just one example.

The temporary glitches that are common with huge projects like this are not a big story, and have gotten the correct amount of coverage they deserve: Very little.

The glitches are fixable and are being fixed as you read this post.

The glitches are also certainly not proof that the ACA was a mistake.

Proof of mistakes in policy would be things like 4000-plus corpses coming back from Iraq, no cheering for US troops in Baghdad, and no WMD program found in Iraq anywhere. Those are proof that a policy was boneheaded, and most conservatives have yet to acknowledge them.

No wonder Mittypoo lost.
Do you want to know how we know its already a failure?

The entire thing started out because less than 4% of the nation was uninsured. The mantra was, "Every American will be insured!".

Now that has been walked back and the powers that be say that no system is perfect and it wont' cover every American.

The rates have soared nearly 700% and will never come down more than 50% of that for an increase of 350%.

Failure it is. But drink your koolaid and let the adults talk.

Proof of mistakes in policy would be things like 4000-plus corpses coming back from Iraq,

Funny you don't mention the thousands of body bags that have come back after Obama's Afghanistan "surge." I guess those deaths don't matter.

I never said the Afghanistan War was a mistake. The surge in Afghanistan should have taken place years earlier, and the Iraq War never should have taken place at all. Too bad President Bush was too incompetent to understand this.

Proof of mistakes in policy would be things like 4000-plus corpses coming back from Iraq,

Funny you don't mention the thousands of body bags that have come back after Obama's Afghanistan "surge." I guess those deaths don't matter.

I never said the Afghanistan War was a mistake. The surge in Afghanistan should have taken place years earlier, and the Iraq War never should have taken place at all. Too bad President Bush was too incompetent to understand this.

So you think Afghanistan has been all hunky dory? You like what is happening there? I'm interested to know why?

So you think Afghanistan has been all hunky dory? You like what is happening there? I'm interested to know why?

I don't think it's been a success, mostly because Bush decided to attack Iraq for no good reason, and the Afghan War was neglected. There has been some success. The AlQ that made Afghanistan home has been killed off and dispursed, and Osama was finally killed. These accomplishments could have and should have happened under Bush, but his administration , manned by chicken hawks, armchair generals and bible school buffoons, was too incompetent to be successful at anything.

Saul Alinski's Rules for Radicals

RULE 8: “Keep the pressure on. Never let up.” Keep trying new things to keep the opposition off balance. Promise the mass of people something for nothing and they will buy into it even if it is not true—even if you have to lie and fabricate.

Sound familiar?

Last edited:
These accomplishments could have and should have happened under Bush, but his administration , manned by chicken hawks, armchair generals and bible school buffoons, was too incompetent to be successful at anything.

Speaking of Chickenshit Chickenhawks - how are you and Obama doing, asswipe?

It just took me less than 5 minutes to create an account at Healthcare.gov and I live in NJ, which is on the same server as 34 states. So the glitches, as predicted, are being rapidly repaired.

For all those who are on Medicare or looking to enroll soon (because I seriously doubt this board is peopled by millennials or gen-Xers) just remember, Medicare had it's rough, bumpy start, too. You're just not the ones who had to break ground with it, you are the beneficiaries, however.

They shut the site down for the weekend to rewrite everything, again. There is no fucking way you made an account today.

It just took me less than 5 minutes to create an account at Healthcare.gov and I live in NJ, which is on the same server as 34 states. So the glitches, as predicted, are being rapidly repaired.

For all those who are on Medicare or looking to enroll soon (because I seriously doubt this board is peopled by millennials or gen-Xers) just remember, Medicare had it's rough, bumpy start, too. You're just not the ones who had to break ground with it, you are the beneficiaries, however.

They shut the site down for the weekend to rewrite everything, again. There is no fucking way you made an account today.

This is so perfect. The OP completely made the shit up. :lol:

I have to say, I am pretty surprised by the glitches. A casual viewing of the "Last Word" on MSNBC and the "ED show" during the time these folks set up free health clinics would have put on display who many people were actually desperate for these services.

And I am wondering who they hired to set up these servers and applications, what sort of capacity testing was done and how they handled Quality Assurance.

They were plenty of unemployed IT people from the Financial Industry that cut their teeth on doing this exact thing. And they handle billions of transactions without a hitch.

I was not surprised at all about the site freezing and crashing. Since when has any entity had to deal with announcing a roll-out at a specific hour on a specific day that was going to be accessed by millions all at once? Even Google, Facebook and Amazon were able to ramp up in tandem with their increasing traffic over time.

The contract was given to the American subsidiary of a Canadian programming company that had set up the entire internet presence for Canadian national health care system. As much as I would have liked to have seen a sole American entity providing this service, I will be the first to say that the programming geniuses in this country are primarily from India and China and are all on B-1 visas. So it made since to bring in a group who had created and programmed a website(s) that was already available from Canada. Given that, I would like French and Swiss health care over American, too.

Dude.

I worked for the NYSE.

I know what I am talking about.

I have to say, I am pretty surprised by the glitches. A casual viewing of the "Last Word" on MSNBC and the "ED show" during the time these folks set up free health clinics would have put on display who many people were actually desperate for these services.

And I am wondering who they hired to set up these servers and applications, what sort of capacity testing was done and how they handled Quality Assurance.

They were plenty of unemployed IT people from the Financial Industry that cut their teeth on doing this exact thing. And they handle billions of transactions without a hitch.

I was not surprised at all about the site freezing and crashing. Since when has any entity had to deal with announcing a roll-out at a specific hour on a specific day that was going to be accessed by millions all at once? Even Google, Facebook and Amazon were able to ramp up in tandem with their increasing traffic over time.

The contract was given to the American subsidiary of a Canadian programming company that had set up the entire internet presence for Canadian national health care system. As much as I would have liked to have seen a sole American entity providing this service, I will be the first to say that the programming geniuses in this country are primarily from India and China and are all on B-1 visas. So it made since to bring in a group who had created and programmed a website(s) that was already available from Canada. Given that, I would like French and Swiss health care over American, too.

Dude.

I worked for the NYSE.

I know what I am talking about.

Not only that, the last time I looked you were 100% behind Obamacare.

You might be an ideologue, but you are also honest.

So I logged onto Obamacare.gov and not only did I get a new insurance policy but my teeth are whiter too

True story

Forum List

Back