Global Boycott for 'Performing Animal Displays'

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Circuses, amusement parks, etc. Anything where animals perform tricks for customer amusement is positively barbarous. Commercial here in SW Misouri currently showing horses doing things they don't do in the wild pisses me off bringing to mind the line from "Crimson Tide" about horses will do any trick you want them to if you shove a cattle prod up their ass.

The public needs to be made to understand how performing animals are made to perform for your amusement.

The Heartbreaking Ways Wild Animals Are Trained to Perform Tricks One Green Planet

"What You Can Do

The best thing you can do to fight against animal training abuse is to avoid animal circuses and boycott movies that have live animals in them."

Recently, lawsuits and criminal charges have been brought against corrections officers putting on fights between inmates. And the public outcry about it is well-deserved, and yet infinitely worse atrocities are done to performing animals with little coverage or public outcry. That's going to change.

Circuses, amusement parks, etc. Anything where animals perform tricks for customer amusement is positively barbarous. Commercial here in SW Misouri currently showing horses doing things they don't do in the wild pisses me off bringing to mind the line from "Crimson Tide" about horses will do any trick you want them to if you shove a cattle prod up their ass.

The public needs to be made to understand how performing animals are made to perform for your amusement.

The Heartbreaking Ways Wild Animals Are Trained to Perform Tricks One Green Planet

"What You Can Do

The best thing you can do to fight against animal training abuse is to avoid animal circuses and boycott movies that have live animals in them."

Recently, lawsuits and criminal charges have been brought against corrections officers putting on fights between inmates. And the public outcry about it is well-deserved, and yet infinitely worse atrocities are done to performing animals with little coverage or public outcry. That's going to change.
I am ashamed to say but I am from the Sprigfield, Mo. Area and couldn't disagree more.

"What You Can Do

I am ashamed to say but I am from the Sprigfield, Mo. Area and couldn't disagree more.

Think of it this way: animals evolved alongside of human beings. Thus we have no more right to cage and exploit them than we do one another. Animals don't exist for our benefit, we exist side by side with none in possession of more or less rights to the others than any other.

Or to put it a local way (religious,) God gave us dominion over the other animals, but that dominion doesn't mean we can abuse and exploit them. We're supposed to be protectors of them, not their masters in a slave-like relationship. Numerous commandments protecting us also protect animals as with rules about the Sabbath (animals get a day off from labor too,) and basic human decency like not preventing a farm animal from eating fallen crops by muzzling them.

"What You Can Do

Think of it this way: animals evolved alongside of human beings. Thus we have no more right to cage and exploit them than we do one another. Animals don't exist for our benefit, we exist side by side with none in possession of more or less rights to the others than any other.

Or to put it a local way (religious,) God gave us dominion over the other animals, but that dominion doesn't mean we can abuse and exploit them. We're supposed to be protectors of them, not their masters in a slave-like relationship. Numerous commandments protecting us also protect animals as with rules about the Sabbath (animals get a day off from labor too,) and basic human decency like not preventing a farm animal from eating fallen crops by muzzling them.
I have seen those animals and will tell you they are treated better and fed better than in some so called rescue habitats. We went to exotic animal paradise years ago when Jerry Jones owned it and the condition of some of the animals was terrible.

"What You Can Do

I have seen those animals and will tell you they are treated better and fed better than in some so called rescue habitats. We went to exotic animal paradise years ago when Jerry Jones owned it and the condition of some of the animals was terrible.

So because of one example we should make legal decisions affecting the country or planet?

A neighbor coupld doors down is a prick and tells his little boys to throw big rocks at migrating geese here. Should we ban hunting because of this one?

Do you and your pet have a slave like relationship?

Most animal owners would say yes. Especially those humans on the plantation of one or more cats. You know who you are.

Some of it is blatant abuse, stupid greed and sometimes just ignorance.
Unfortunately no one cant fix the world and totally prevent cruelty.
I just know there are TONS of people who volunteer their time at various rescues, spend free fundraising, do free spays and neuters at shelters, foster strays and work with getting new laws to change things.
...Im sure Ill sound like a putz for saying this but the good vs bad roles change..lots of people in these awful situations need help too.

One thing that still irks me is the pony rides at fairs...round and round on hot walkers. Its ok to do that but those little guys better have a sweet life when their work is done.
Circuses ...yikes they were bad.

Forum List

Back