Global Warming (Assuming It's Happening) is a Blessing From God

Why does i

Why does it have to be government that sets these standards? Government doesn't do anything efficiently. For home standards, have private accrediting agencies (that don't get unlimited funding like the damn government), and have no incentive to push an agenda.
Wrong….the govt is much more efficient than for profit entities. Private industry never builds roads and infrastructure or provides HC as cheaply as govt funded
Medicare or infrastructure programs, you’re dreaming,

Wrong….the govt is much more efficient than for profit entities. Private industry never builds roads and infrastructure or provides HC as cheaply as govt funded
Medicare or infrastructure programs, you’re dreaming,
It's true that only government can do a few jobs, but any time a private company can do the same job, it always does it better. The reason is it's somebody's money. No incentive to waste. In government, they don't consider it anybody's money, so they aren't careful with it.

Trump deliberately caused petroleum prices to skyrocket, by blackmailing the Saudis into a massive production cut. Then he bragged about doing it.

When you're at the pump and shocked at prices, remember that Trump did that. And that he's laughing at what suckers his followers are. He took their money, and it made them love him more.
The gop is the epitome of mismanagement whose primary goal is to appease their donors while fking the public.

It's true that only government can do a few jobs, but any time a private company can do the same job, it always does it better. The reason is it's somebody's money. No incentive to waste. In government, they don't consider it anybody's money, so they aren't careful with it.
Wrong, totally. If they were, they would be falling all over each other to privately fund infrastructure packages.
The number one goal of private enterprise is profit….not serving the public good. The govt funding programs jump through more hoops to protect the public goid, that private industry has no interest in. Nada, nix, never.
And I have proof. Where are they building roads and bridge and priding HC as cheaply the govt ?

Why does i

Why does it have to be government that sets these standards? Government doesn't do anything efficiently. For home standards, have private accrediting agencies (that don't get unlimited funding like the damn government), and have no incentive to push an agenda.

Who does the accrediting? ... how expensive are they to bribe? ... do you want chicken plant owners setting safety standards? ...

We the People set the standards ... and enforcement will never be efficient with our current Constitution ... the 5th Amendment is REALLY expensive ... I'm surprised you don't know there is a well entrenched private agency system that do home inspections ... typically a few hundred dollars each ... one of the best values around ... to wit:

A good example of letting industry regulate themselves ... million dollar homes and the builder is pulling this shit ... with government approval ... the AzROC is fully compliant with builders' maximizing profits ... at tax-payer expense ... Republicans ...

Wrong, totally. If they were, they would be falling all over each other to privately fund infrastructure packages.
The number one goal of private enterprise is profit….not serving the public good. The govt funding programs jump through more hoops to protect the public goid, that private industry has no interest in. Nada, nix, never.
And I have proof. Where are they building roads and bridge and priding HC as cheaply the govt ?

Well said ... I have an example of parallel roads here locally ... the public road and bridges that winds up into the forest ... and fifty feet away is the private logging company's road and bridges up into the same forest ... weight limit on public roads is 34 tons, there is no limit on the private road ... I'm guessing twenty miles ...

It's a private road in that there are "No Trespassing" signs posted and local police will ticket folks for driving down the logging company's road ... it's strictly for logging trucks and really unsafe for the general public ... 75 ton logging trucks rolling 75 mph in twisty turnny mountain goatpathes ... [ka'ching] ... I assume it was profitable while the forest was open to harvest ... hasn't been used in thirty years now so it's all overgrown and broken up ...

I'm always a "free market first" kind of guy ... but build those walls on a solid honest floor ... if employers didn't have to pay for their employee's injuries, employers wouldn't bother with worksite safety ... too expensive ... just throw the dead body aside until after the shift and I'll find another worker ... laissez-faire doesn't allow for Worker's Compensation Insurance ... too expensive ...

We want government to set the 'floor', minimum standards to conduct business in the USA ...

Do you think companies should be allowed to steal and murder to maintain profits, and by extension share prices ... just look at your local hospital to see profit before people ... never mind the Texas electric grid, using maintenance money to support dividend payments ... how many dead February 2021? ... yeah, profit before people works great ... no need for We the People to interfere ...

You don't want rules requiring nails ... instead of staples ... to build homes? ... what next, no sheer? ... the trucking industry makes more profit without silly stupid things like brakes and rest time ... right? ... God forbid we regulate that ...
I say let the gubermint run it all. What could possibly go wrong?

Forum List

Back