GODZILLA: Minus One. Official Trailer

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

Damn, looks like I'll be going to the theater. Love me some Gojira…..The immediate postwar timeline is great.

I did sorta laugh at :28 in.....It reminded me of this old gif:

giphy.gif

Now for some BOC. ;)

Ah, poor Gojira,

He was a great original concept who went through a lot of silliness in the Showa Era, and then a lot of reboots in the Heisei era.

This looks nice, but Godzilla should alway be played by a fat Japanese man in a rubber suit. CGI just doesn't do it for me and looks fake.

Ah, poor Gojira,

He was a great original concept who went through a lot of silliness in the Showa Era, and then a lot of reboots in the Heisei era.

This looks nice, but Godzilla should alway be played by a fat Japanese man in a rubber suit. CGI just doesn't do it for me and looks fake.
You just need to break out the old B&W TV and have at it then. ;)

You just need to break out the old B&W TV and have at it then.

Honestly, I make a point of collecting DVDs of movies I like because you never know what the current owners will do to fuck them up with editing, etc.

Speaking of the Big G, the original 1954 version of Gojira is a great movie. You should watch it in the original Japanese with subtitles if you don't speak Ni-go.

On the other hand, Hollywood decided that a movie with an Asian protagonist wouldn't fly, so they shoe-horned a bunch of scenes with Raymond Burr as a character named "Steve Martin."

It looks like a top-class movie. I have been a fan since the age of six. I have seen most of the Godzilla franchise except Shin Godzilla 2016 and maybe just one or two others. They keep getting better but the original will always be my favorite. It was nominated for an award for best musical score.

Honestly, I make a point of collecting DVDs of movies I like because you never know what the current owners will do to fuck them up with editing, etc.

Speaking of the Big G, the original 1954 version of Gojira is a great movie. You should watch it in the original Japanese with subtitles if you don't speak Ni-go.

On the other hand, Hollywood decided that a movie with an Asian protagonist wouldn't fly, so they shoe-horned a bunch of scenes with Raymond Burr as a character named "Steve Martin."
I've seen them all, even the really bad ones.

OIP.nq2ew5Cqf1Z-ceE6z1K7cAHaEK

It looks like a top-class movie. I have been a fan since the age of six. I have seen most of the Godzilla franchise except Shin Godzilla 2016 and maybe just one or two others. They keep getting better but the original will always be my favorite. It was nominated for an award for best musical score.

I will add this the movie posters were the best and worth collecting. On this list it says 36 Godzilla movies were made. I did not see Godzilla versus the Smog Monster on the list and it was one of the worst. So I don't know the story behind why it is not .

I will add this the movie posters were the best and worth collecting. On this list it says 36 Godzilla movies were made. I did not see Godzilla versus the Smog Monster on the list and it was one of the worst. So I don't know the story behind why it is not .

I think Toho is kind of ashamed of the movie.

For some reason.

1693850610124.png

Then again, Keiko Mari!

1693850691251.png

As a young boy in the 1960s, I had a bit of a celebrity crush on her. She was the lead female actress in the original Godzilla movie. :)

Number 11 on the list is Godzilla versus Hedorah it is Godzilla and the Smog monster

Number 11 on the list is Godzilla versus Hedorah it is Godzilla and the Smog monster

The Japanese title is "Gojira Tai Hedorah".
Godzilla vs. the Smog Monster is the American title they used in the early 1970's.

I jokingly refer to it as "Godzilla vs. Hippies!"

It had a bit of a controversial run, because it jammed in more environmental messaging than Al Gore would have. The head of Toho, Tomoyuki Tanaka, hated the film, saying it ruined Godzilla.

The next movie, Godzilla vs. Gigan, was more to the formula of Godzilla movies.

(CHeck out Brandon Tenold's review of this and other Godzilla movies.)

Forum List

Back