Good Kitty!!

However..watching both videos..I am also questioning what someone else questioned:

Where the hell did the mother go at the end of the video? She was standing over her son, she could have grabbed him and ran into the home. Instead she leaves him on the ground and runs away.....wth?

She chased the mutt and got bit herself.

Ah. I didn't see all of it I guess. I know the recorders picked up the dog on film after she checked, but I was not sure where she went when she took off running. I presumed to chase the dog...or to run away? Wasn't sure.

Regardless...that cat rocks!

It seems that black cats aren't always bad luck!

Superstition abounds:

I am living proof, having had 3 black cats, they are just like other cats----purr-fect in their own individual ways. :eusa_clap:

----------

Superstitions centering around the black cat are some of the most well-known and popular superstitions today. It is interesting, though, because the good or bad luck they possess is dependent on where you live in the world. In Britain and Japan, [and Canada] having a black cat cross your path, is considered good luck, whereas if you live in the USA or several European countries, it is bad luck to have a black cat walk by.

Superstition Bash - CSI

She chased the mutt and got bit herself.

Ah. I didn't see all of it I guess. I know the recorders picked up the dog on film after she checked, but I was not sure where she went when she took off running. I presumed to chase the dog...or to run away? Wasn't sure.

Regardless...that cat rocks!

The story ran on WGN news. They even interviewed the dad.

When I was a kid, I had a cat who chased a German shepherd out of our yard. Actually, a memory I have is of seeing the dog run past with the cat on his back.

When we bring dogs and cats into our homes, we become their family. Dogs are pack animals so we expect them to be protective but cats are possessive - that's why they rub scent glands on us. Maybe that cat saw the child as her property.

Whatever the cat's thinking was, very cool kitty.

I saw that vid ... omg, did you SEE how hard that dog grabbed and shook the little boy?? If the cat hadn't gone after the dog the dog would have likely gone after the boy's face next. People always think that cats are scared of dogs and will just run away. Cripes, cats can totally hold their own against dogs in most situations.

Here's the slomo video. Kitty does a flying pounce then sideways body slam. Dog will be euthanized after holding it to make sure it doesn't have rabies.

cat-attacks-dog2x.gif

Forum List

Back