Good old pork chops.

Grumpyolman

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2018
San Diego
In Joe Biden's America, my favorite ribeye steak is $25 a pound. I'm not rich, so lately pork and chicken are the new meats when eating at home. My mom used to make kind of dried out pork chops occasionally back in the day. In the oven. Not so good. Shoe leathery.
So, after a sale on pork chops, about 3/8 of an inch thick, by the local grocery store, I embarked on a quest to cook a decent pork chop on the grill.
I began by salting to taste with sea salt, adding a medium sprinkling of black pepper and a dash of garlic powder.
Then, started the propane grille (Wallyworld special) and let it heat to 500F, cleaned the grates and threw it on with a sizzle. Waited for a hint of smoke, then turned for about 3 minutes.
NOT BAD! Everybody loved them.
Happiness is still possible, even in the current inflationary times!

In Joe Biden's America, my favorite ribeye steak is $25 a pound. I'm not rich, so lately pork and chicken are the new meats when eating at home. My mom used to make kind of dried out pork chops occasionally back in the day. In the oven. Not so good. Shoe leathery.
So, after a sale on pork chops, about 3/8 of an inch thick, by the local grocery store, I embarked on a quest to cook a decent pork chop on the grill.
I began by salting to taste with sea salt, adding a medium sprinkling of black pepper and a dash of garlic powder.
Then, started the propane grille (Wallyworld special) and let it heat to 500F, cleaned the grates and threw it on with a sizzle. Waited for a hint of smoke, then turned for about 3 minutes.
How much a pound are them pork chops?

I like pork chops. $1.29 smoked Boston Butt I like better. Have not seen a good pork sale in quite some time, like..over 6 fucking months.

I have found when cooking pork chops that have a tendency to be tough I do the casserole thing and put them in a casserole dish with mushrooms and gravy and cook them that way,,
they are nice and tender

I bought some pork chops today. Steaks were also on sale. I thought the prices reasonable.

I bought some pork chops today. Steaks were also on sale. I thought the prices reasonable.
Yeah, that EBT, huh? What steaks, Boi?

What steak prices did you see that were reasonable to you today? Hmm?

Some people don't like a lot of salt because blood pressure. Everybody likes a normal amount of salt. Like me, for example.
One time this farmer gave me some pork chops, and they were nice, they were his pork chops, but it was like they already had salt in them, and I lightly salted them. I cooked them OK, just in a pan, but they were too salty.
I actually cooked them perfect, but somehow they already had salt in them. He even made the fat ring bigger for me, God bless that man!

One time this farmer gave me some pork chops, and they were nice, they were his pork chops, but it was like they already had salt in them, and I lightly salted them. I cooked them OK, just in a pan, but they were too salty.
I actually cooked them perfect, but somehow they already had salt in them. He even made the fat ring bigger for me, God bless that man!

He probably brined them.

Not too shabby .. best thing for pork chops is to monitor the internal temperature .. sear each side, and then about 138F degrees and then let them rest.

Also .. you can do a marinade or wet brine for several hours prior to enhance the flavor.

If you want super tender pork chops, try a quick high temp searing then braise them.

Simple braising:

More complex flavor:

I like a simple braise, personally.

so joe is eating steak. jill is cutting it up for him

Forum List

Back