Google+

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
How many know what it is?

How many use it?

How do you compare it to other social media such as Facebook or Twitter?

Just looking for feedback and perhaps tips on effectively using it.

Thanks

Google Plus is still in its infancy but it's rapidly catching up with other social media networking sites. Since I have stopped using MySpace and Facebook, I moved my MySpace account to Google Plus and I mainly follow Taylor Swift fan pages and other celebrity gossip sites, which are very informative. What's notable about Google Plus is that it's run by Google and what you post on Google Plus will show up in search results. Google Plus was very slow at first but it's getting more active and some pages such as Us Weekly now have close to half million followers.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC_M6PzXS9g"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC_M6PzXS9g[/ame]

https://plus.google.com/u/0/101158504992356682853/posts

Last edited:
As an author seeking to spread the word about my works, Google+ allows me to expand my audience as well as giving me the opportunity to share comments on news via my RSS feed program Feedly which allowed me to share those articles with the public and my circles - along with any comments I have.

It also contains an astonishing amount of visual material.

Best of all - you don't find yourself dealing with anonymous twits spamming all over the place. You SEE who you are dealing with.

As an author seeking to spread the word about my works, Google+ allows me to expand my audience as well as giving me the opportunity to share comments on news via my RSS feed program Feedly which allowed me to share those articles with the public and my circles - along with any comments I have.

It also contains an astonishing amount of visual material.

Best of all - you don't find yourself dealing with anonymous twits spamming all over the place. You SEE who you are dealing with.

As usual Google has done a horrendous job of marketing their services.
Most people have never heard of it, those that have don't really know what it is.
In my opinion, it is 10 times as powerful and useful as FB, and does a solid job of customizing the site to your interest that it gets from your youtube subscriptions and save bookmarks etc.
I believe if Google had a marketing team worth their weight in sand - G+ would within a few years takeover FB with exception to the teenybobbers...let them have it

It's catching up, but your casual person still hasn't heard of it or chooses to use it over FB/TWIT/INSTA.

Although it does look promising. Businesses are taken better advantage of it now I feel. And I've noticed G+ pages in my Google searches before. It seems like they turn up more than FB pages or Twitter accounts (gee I wonder why?)

my brothers friend was beaten and robbed of his phone while on the job. Had the G+ on and when he got his new phone the perps had kindly taken vids and pics which streamed right to his new phone right to the police who of course knew the perps.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back