GOP Congressman to be Indicted

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Rep. Michael Grimm, the hot tempered NY Representative, is in trouble for campaign finances.< my comment

Reports: GOP congressman to be indicted | MSNBC

The indictment of the New York Republican would come nearly two years after the Justice Department first launched a formal investigation into Grimm’s campaign finances. It began the summer of 2012, several months after revelations first surfaced in a New York Times article that the lawmaker, then a freshman, might have bolstered his first bid for congressional office by filing erroneous campaign finance reports and offering to help get a green card for a non-citizen on condition that the individual help raise money on Grimm’s behalf.
<more>

Will the American Taliban drive to New York to force a standoff with Federal agents if anyone tries to enforce a court order against Rep. Grimm?

Good. Now let's start indicting the other corrupt politicians of both parties.

So that the right-wing American Taliban can take up sniper positions behind human shields to stop law enforcement from enforcing the law. Good idea.

Good! Let him have his day in court.

Thats your post :eusa_eh: ummm.....ok

As for me, he's got a lot to answer for. That one. From the OP:

It began the summer of 2012, several months after revelations first surfaced in a New York Times article that the lawmaker, then a freshman, might have bolstered his first bid for congressional office by filing erroneous campaign finance reports and offering to help get a green card for a non-citizen on condition that the individual help raise money on Grimm&#8217;s behalf.

Last edited:
So that the right-wing American Taliban can take up sniper positions behind human shields to stop law enforcement from enforcing the law. Good idea.

What does holding our "leaders" accountable with the law have anything to do with human shields?

What does holding our "leaders" accountable with the law have anything to do with human shields?
You used human shields to stop US laws from being enforced.

It doesn't do right-wing Republicans any good to say "Let him have his day in court" if the rabid right-wing American Taliban is just going to draw guns if they don't like the verdict, as they did for Cliven Bundy who lost multiple times in a court of law. Do you understand?

It doesn't do right-wing Republicans any good to say "Let him have his day in court" if the rabid right-wing American Taliban is just going to draw guns if they don't like the verdict, as they did for Cliven Bundy who lost multiple times in a court of law. Do you understand?

^ that

How did I do anything when I've disagreed with Bundy's tactics and everything he's done? I think he needs to submit to the law and challenge the Federal overreach through other methods.

When are you going to learn that you can't make blanket assertions of people? How is your doing so of Republicans any better than Bundy's blanket assertions about blacks?

^ that

Then you should answer the same questions.

How did I do anything when I've disagreed with Bundy's tactics and everything he's done? I think he needs to submit to the law and challenge the Federal overreach through other methods.

When are you going to learn that you can't make blanket assertions of people? How is your doing so of Republicans any better than Bundy's blanket assertions about blacks?

They are intellectually dishonest. There is no reasoning with someone like that.

They are intellectually dishonest. There is no reasoning with someone like that.

You don't know that you can't persuade them until you try.

Good! Let him have his day in court.

Thats your post :eusa_eh: ummm.....ok

As for me, he's got a lot to answer for. That one. From the OP:

It began the summer of 2012, several months after revelations first surfaced in a New York Times article that the lawmaker, then a freshman, might have bolstered his first bid for congressional office by filing erroneous campaign finance reports and offering to help get a green card for a non-citizen on condition that the individual help raise money on Grimm’s behalf.

Didn't read the link, didja'?

What do you think indicted means in conjunction with "Let him have his day in court"?

You bet he has a lot to answer for...in his day in court!

Rep. Michael Grimm, the hot tempered NY Representative, is in trouble for campaign finances.< my comment

Reports: GOP congressman to be indicted | MSNBC

The indictment of the New York Republican would come nearly two years after the Justice Department first launched a formal investigation into Grimm’s campaign finances. It began the summer of 2012, several months after revelations first surfaced in a New York Times article that the lawmaker, then a freshman, might have bolstered his first bid for congressional office by filing erroneous campaign finance reports and offering to help get a green card for a non-citizen on condition that the individual help raise money on Grimm’s behalf.
<more>

Find any Republican gun runners yet?

Forum List

Back