GOP Congressman to be Indicted

Rep. Michael Grimm, the hot tempered NY Representative, is in trouble for campaign finances.< my comment

Reports: GOP congressman to be indicted | MSNBC

The indictment of the New York Republican would come nearly two years after the Justice Department first launched a formal investigation into Grimm’s campaign finances. It began the summer of 2012, several months after revelations first surfaced in a New York Times article that the lawmaker, then a freshman, might have bolstered his first bid for congressional office by filing erroneous campaign finance reports and offering to help get a green card for a non-citizen on condition that the individual help raise money on Grimm’s behalf.
<more>

Find any Republican gun runners yet?

Non sequitur. Step along.

Rep. Michael Grimm, the hot tempered NY Representative, is in trouble for campaign finances.< my comment

Reports: GOP congressman to be indicted | MSNBC

The indictment of the New York Republican would come nearly two years after the Justice Department first launched a formal investigation into Grimm’s campaign finances. It began the summer of 2012, several months after revelations first surfaced in a New York Times article that the lawmaker, then a freshman, might have bolstered his first bid for congressional office by filing erroneous campaign finance reports and offering to help get a green card for a non-citizen on condition that the individual help raise money on Grimm’s behalf.
<more>

Find any Republican gun runners yet?

Non sequitur. Step along.

Did I offend the Democratic Party by pointing out that they actually had someone indicted for gun running while writing laws to take away guns?

Good. Now let's start indicting the other corrupt politicians of both parties.

Surely.

AL Rep. Barry Moore of Enterprise arrested on felony charges - WSFA.com: News Weather and Sports for Montgomery, AL.

Acting Attorney General Davis and attorneys with the Special Prosecutions Division presented evidence to a Lee County Special Grand Jury resulting in Rep. Moore's indictment. Specifically, the indictment charges Rep. Moore with:

Count one: providing false statements relating to any matter under investigation by the Attorney General;

Count two: perjury in the first degree;

Count three: providing false statements relating to any matter under investigation by the Attorney General; and

Count four: perjury in the first degree;
If convicted, Rep. Moore faces a maximum penalty of one to ten years imprisonment and fines of up to $15,000 for each count of providing false statements and perjury, both of which are Class C Felonies.

"It is a serious crime to provide false statements to a grand jury," said Acting Attorney General Davis. "All citizens who testify before a grand jury must testify truthfully &#8211; even elected public officials. Any witness who makes a false statement in the matter under investigation by the Lee County Special Grand Jury will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, regardless of their political affiliation or position."

Apparently, AL is having their fair share of trouble these days.

Rep. Greg Wren's guilty plea on ethics charges 'a great day for Alabama' | AL.com

Here's the part where I laugh myself senseless.

Ending Corruption in Montgomery: Democrats have held the majority in Montgomery for 136 years, and during that time, they created an atmosphere that breeds corruption and encourages graft. The recent criminal convictions of numerous Democrat legislators and other Democrat officials provide ample evidence of that fact.

So - what. These two are an aberration? He doesn't link to the 'recent criminal convictions' in the middle of his article about a Republican pleading guilty? I did a search and found nothing.

So that the right-wing American Taliban can take up sniper positions behind human shields to stop law enforcement from enforcing the law. Good idea.

What does holding our "leaders" accountable with the law have anything to do with human shields?
You used human shields to stop US laws from being enforced.

It doesn't do right-wing Republicans any good to say "Let him have his day in court" if the rabid right-wing American Taliban is just going to draw guns if they don't like the verdict, as they did for Cliven Bundy who lost multiple times in a court of law. Do you understand?

Please. He did no such thing. If he used human shields then you did too. In this case Occupy using little kids to block the path of a car in the middle of the street. The we have the other video too, putting them in front to be hurt as cops tried to close doors. Trying to say each party is responsible for the others actions or a few who may be in their ranks is silly, but you seem to paint with a broad brush quite a bit.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26fuglmHlxk]Occupy DC protester uses kids to block traffic - YouTube[/ame]

Good. Now let's start indicting the other corrupt politicians of both parties.

Surely.

AL Rep. Barry Moore of Enterprise arrested on felony charges - WSFA.com: News Weather and Sports for Montgomery, AL.

Acting Attorney General Davis and attorneys with the Special Prosecutions Division presented evidence to a Lee County Special Grand Jury resulting in Rep. Moore's indictment. Specifically, the indictment charges Rep. Moore with:

Count one: providing false statements relating to any matter under investigation by the Attorney General;

Count two: perjury in the first degree;

Count three: providing false statements relating to any matter under investigation by the Attorney General; and

Count four: perjury in the first degree;
If convicted, Rep. Moore faces a maximum penalty of one to ten years imprisonment and fines of up to $15,000 for each count of providing false statements and perjury, both of which are Class C Felonies.

"It is a serious crime to provide false statements to a grand jury," said Acting Attorney General Davis. "All citizens who testify before a grand jury must testify truthfully &#8211; even elected public officials. Any witness who makes a false statement in the matter under investigation by the Lee County Special Grand Jury will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, regardless of their political affiliation or position."

Apparently, AL is having their fair share of trouble these days.

Rep. Greg Wren's guilty plea on ethics charges 'a great day for Alabama' | AL.com

Here's the part where I laugh myself senseless.

Ending Corruption in Montgomery: Democrats have held the majority in Montgomery for 136 years, and during that time, they created an atmosphere that breeds corruption and encourages graft. The recent criminal convictions of numerous Democrat legislators and other Democrat officials provide ample evidence of that fact.

So - what. These two are an aberration? He doesn't link to the 'recent criminal convictions' in the middle of his article about a Republican pleading guilty? I did a search and found nothing.

Seriously, comparing "war wounds" CA seems to be having their fair share too.

CA Senator Yee, the arms trafficker to Al Qaeda, using Sandyhook as his bully pulpit while laundering money for them and gangs?

CA Sen. Ronald Calderon? indicted in February on charges that he accepted $100,000 in bribes and gifts

CA Sen. Rod Wright? eight felony counts of perjury and voter fraud.

Larry Brinkin - CA human rights advocate, convicted pedophile and racist...

Seems like their all corrupt, both parties.

Last edited:
Good. I hope the law ends up breaking Michael Grimm.....like a boy! Whatever the hell that meant. I'm still trying to figure it out.

So that the right-wing American Taliban can take up sniper positions behind human shields to stop law enforcement from enforcing the law. Good idea.

What does holding our "leaders" accountable with the law have anything to do with human shields?
You used human shields to stop US laws from being enforced.

It doesn't do right-wing Republicans any good to say "Let him have his day in court" if the rabid right-wing American Taliban is just going to draw guns if they don't like the verdict, as they did for Cliven Bundy who lost multiple times in a court of law. Do you understand?

I don't think "using human shields" means what you think it does. Why are you worked up over something that has no affect on you and your life?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back