GOP Establishment vs Tea Part....The Battles is on!

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/10/u...foil-insurgents-at-primary-level.html?hp&_r=0

Tea Party groups and other conservatives who are challenging the traditional party leadership say the pushback this year is as hostile as it has ever been.
“I’ve been told by a number of donors to our ‘super PAC’ that they’ve received calls from senior Republican senators,” said Matt Kibbe, president of FreedomWorks, which is supporting challengers to Republican incumbents across the country. The message from these donors was blunt: “I can’t give to you because I’ve been told I won’t have access to Republican leadership,” Mr. Kibbe said. “So they’re playing hardball.”

Popcorn anyone? When the TP was helping the GOP keep its head above water, they were wonderful. But once the GOP Heads began to realize the TP is causing them nationally, the door has slammed shut.

Will the TP walk away from the GOP and caucus alone? Will they run their own candidates? How far can the GOP push the TP, before it says enough is enough....?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back