GOP mainliners are telling the hard right off in Congress

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2009
Under pressure to govern divisions emerge among House GOP - Yahoo News

I knew this was going to happen after the TP was hammered in the primaries.

Consensus, not confrontation, is needed for good governance.

WASHINGTON (AP) — In a House Republican majority often driven by the most conservative lawmakers, the pragmatists are suddenly demanding to be heard.

These lawmakers defected on an immigration vote last week, and this week they forced GOP leaders to water down abortion legislation. With the new, fully Republican-led Congress three weeks old, they are serving notice they will no longer keep quiet as their more ideological colleagues push legislation to the right, demand votes on social issues, or court government shutdowns to try to block President Barack Obama.

"There's a growing sense in the conference that we need to get things done here, not just make political statements," said Rep. Carlos Curbelo of Florida, a freshmen lawmaker. "We should be focused on the agenda of the American people and not on taking an infinite amount of symbolic votes that aren't going to get anything done."

Frank, you think BHO is a Kenyan and it is only downhill from there for you.

There are no Marxists in Congress, but there are some weirdoes on the far left and the far right.

Frank, you think BHO is a Kenyan and it is only downhill from there for you.

There are no Marxists in Congress, but there are some weirdoes on the far left and the far right.

ObamaBooklet.png

That is no evidence as you well know, and most of the Republicans laugh at it as well.

WASHINGTON (AP) — In a House Republican majority often driven by the most conservative lawmakers, the pragmatists are suddenly demanding to be heard.

These lawmakers defected on an immigration vote last week, and this week they forced GOP leaders to water down abortion legislation. With the new, fully Republican-led Congress three weeks old, they are serving notice they will no longer keep quiet as their more ideological colleagues push legislation to the right, demand votes on social issues, or court government shutdowns to try to block President Barack Obama.

"There's a growing sense in the conference that we need to get things done here, not just make political statements," said Rep. Carlos Curbelo of Florida, a freshmen lawmaker. "We should be focused on the agenda of the American people and not on taking an infinite amount of symbolic votes that aren't going to get anything done."

All I can say is, it's about damn time.

May have waited too late.

Some of the far right reactionaries are terrified that their negative influence on the House has waned. They can still get in line and help govern instead of obstruct.

Some of the far right reactionaries are terrified that their negative influence on the House has waned. They can still get in line and help govern instead of obstruct.

And yet the far left still controls the DNC and the far left OP will still vote far left..

Of course the far left will do what it will.

But the GOP mainstream is crushing the far right in Congress.

That is good for America.

Yet when Obama continues to tack hard left you're silent on that. Who saw that coming, Jake?

E-V-E-R-Y-B-O-D-Y

Yet when Obama continues to tack hard left you're silent on that. Who saw that coming, Jake?

E-V-E-R-Y-B-O-D-Y

What a lame attempt to try to change the subject.

Of course the far left will do what it will.

But the GOP mainstream is crushing the far right in Congress.

That is good for America.

What would be better is getting rid f the far left religion from politics..

E-V-E-R-Y-B-O-D-Y

I don't care about Obama, as you well know. I do care about my GOP being the right party for this country. What we don't need are shitten puppy libertarianism anymore than lefties or far right reactionaries running the government. That is why the TP was crushed in the primaries.

E-V-E-R-Y-B-O-D-Y

I don't care about Obama, as you well know. I do care about my GOP being the right party for this country. What we don't need are shitten puppy libertarianism anymore than lefties or far right reactionaries running the government. That is why the TP was crushed in the primaries.

Yes you do as you voted for Obama..

Another far left drone that will lie to push the far left agenda..

Forum List

Back