Government trying to dictate parenting again

Preacher

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2015
Georgia Mountains
Don't leave them kids alone: State lawmakers target parents

This is idiotic. We ALL leave kids in a car when pumping gas or running into the gas station real fast. I lock my car doors and take keys with me and I NEVER leave my kids home alone. The older two. 9 and 7 stay with their grandpa at home sometimes but not a chance I leave them at home...I wasn't left at home until I was 12 or 13.No need for this crap. I had some nosy bitch neighbor call the cops because GASP! My 9,7 and 3 year old were in the driveway of our own home playing! I told him to tell the nosy neighbor to mind her own business. We have a LARGE yard and driveway and the kids are easily seen and heard....its just another reason I HATE living in a neighborhood.

The root problem here is legislatures with too much time on their hands. With nothing constructive to do, they dream up new laws that sound good and can help get them re-elected.

All legislatures should be part-time and compensation so low that nobody could actually live on it. Term limits should be mandatory. That would force them to have real jobs or businesses and eliminate this sort of nonsense.

I feel sorry for kids who can't play outside anymore. Has the world really become that evil and dangerous, or are people just freaking out and overreacting to the very rare occassions when something awful happens to a young child, like kidnapping or rape/murder.
I agree with both of you that RI legislature is going WAY too far. What are they going to do, put the parents in jail so the kids have no one at home to care for them? Or give their parents a criminal record so they're unemployable? Ridiculous. Any parent putting their child in a dangerous situation can already be charged with child endangerment, I believe.

Has the world really become that evil and dangerous, or are people just freaking out and overreacting

A lot of people don't realize that violent crime has gone down dramatically since the 1980s. We're safer and more paranoid than ever.

Forum List

Back