Governor Palin: Would Be Great To Have 'Two Women Duke It Out' For President!

At least Palin know what patriotism is about and has had "skin in the game", she had a son serving in the military in Iraq and was governor to a state with an Army, Air force and early warning radar in it.

Hillary Clinton? No skin in the game, Obama? never served and had no skin in the game as he like's to say.

whatever...

Look at it this way, folks...

If Sarah Palin is the best the GOP can do...then the Republican Party is seriously, seriously, seriously fucked up.

Zero foreign policy experience, and a person who quit the only real Executive job she ever had.
Obama had zero foreign experience and only did 147 days as a junior Senator by default. Palin accomplished way more than Obama could ever imagined when she was governor from Dec 4, 2006 to July 26, 2009, some 965 days in office. Again.......965 days. In fact, she accomplished more in office than the 2 previous governors attempted. That is why she held a 93% approval rating and was chosen to be the VP pick. The GOP would be a winner with her as the nominee. The media has distorted her image due to the fact that she was a threat to Obama and democrats as she proved in the 2010 mid terms with 98% of her endorsements getting elected resulting in the GOP taking back the House of Representatives. When she gets out on the campaign trail for the 2014 mid-terms, you can expect the same thing with the senate.

Please, stop trying to compare her to Obama. He has a level of intelligence that she will never reach. Not in a million years.

Are you referring to when she told the people of New Hampshire that the American Revolution started there? Yep. That was a real gem.

No, this one.

Palin was right about Paul Revere!

Sarah Palin Was Right About Paul Revere - Peter Roff (usnews.com)

Historians Say Palin Was Right About Paul Revere - But they admit it begrudgingly, notes the 'Boston Herald'
Historians Say Palin Was Right About Paul Revere - But they admit it begrudgingly, notes the 'Boston Herald'

How Accurate Were Palin's Paul Revere Comments? : NPR

Prof. ALLISON: Yeah. She was making a Second Amendment case. But in fact, the British were going out to Concord to seize colonists' arms, the weapons that the Massachusetts Provincial Congress was stockpiling there.

So, yeah, she is right in that. I mean, she may be pushing it too far to say this is a Second Amendment case. Of course, neither the Second Amendment nor the Constitution was in anyone's mind at the time. But the British objective was to get the arms that were stockpiled in Concord.

BLOCK: So you think basically, on the whole, Sarah Palin got her history right.

Prof. ALLISON: Well, yeah, she did. And remember, she is a politician

She had no idea why Paul Revere was riding. Didn't you see her squirming around when she was asked. She had no idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

If Sarah Palin is the best the GOP can do...then the Republican Party is seriously, seriously, seriously fucked up.

Zero foreign policy experience, and a person who quit the only real Executive job she ever had.
Obama had zero foreign experience and only did 147 days as a junior Senator by default. Palin accomplished way more than Obama could ever imagined when she was governor from Dec 4, 2006 to July 26, 2009, some 965 days in office. Again.......965 days. In fact, she accomplished more in office than the 2 previous governors attempted. That is why she held a 93% approval rating and was chosen to be the VP pick. .........

....Idiot. She became popular in Alaska because she taxed the big oil companies and "spread the wealth around" by sending every resident a check for $1200 to help with winter heating bills.

You send me a check for $1200 and I will give you a 93% approval rating, too.

And I suspect McCain regrets the day he first heard her name in 2008. She phucked his campaign.
You are a liar. Alaskans were receiving Oil and Gas checks at least 30 years before she got in office. It was former Governor Murkowski who raised taxes on the oil companies. Palin reformed his disasterous tax plan. Only when oil went over a hundred dollars a barrel did she give the citizens a one time check for $1,200 and what was wrong with doing that?

From the Wall Street Journal
What Palin Really Did To the Oil Industry - WSJ.com

In 2006, then Gov. Frank Murkowski, a Republican, proposed changing the state's tax on oil from a gross-revenue to a net-revenue basis. Instead of creaming 10% off the top -- which was how the mature oil fields were taxed -- Mr. Murkowski pushed to tax oil companies on their profits only, at a rate of 22.5%. The change in tax regime was meant to encourage investment in and development of new fields.

In effect, the state would become the oil companies' development partner. It would participate in the upside of oil and gas exploration, but only after the companies had recovered the enormous upfront costs of drilling new wells.

These costs are considerable. In Alaska, the locations are remote, the climate is extreme, the infrastructure mostly nonexistent, the environmental rules the strictest in the world, and there is only a short work season of three or four months a year. The costs make any project very risky.

Mr. Murkowski's plan turned into a disaster. It depended much on trust, but it lacked the transparency and predictability needed to win public confidence. One year after it went into effect, the Petroleum Profits Tax brought in far less revenue than expected and the state suffered a revenue crunch.

Somehow, the legislature had never properly defined accounting procedures and permissible deductions -- and the deductions came in much higher than expected. Meanwhile, as the shortfall appeared, a number of state legislators were on trial, under indictment, or under investigation for bribery by the FBI. These included some who should have done due diligence for the taxpayer on the proposal they enacted.

As a new governor in 2007, Mrs. Palin stepped in to address the fiscal crisis and restore accountability. Working with Democrats and Republicans alike, she chose a 25% profits tax. But in lean years the state reverts to a 10% gross revenue tax on legacy fields that do not require massive continuing inputs of new capital.

Relative to the old system, Mrs. Palin's plan -- called "Alaska's Clear and Equitable Share" (ACES) -- improves incentives for developing new resources. It ensures the state does well in boom times -- as it is doing now -- when oil prices are high. But it also hedges against low prices in the future by ensuring that oil companies exposed to commodity price swings don't face a crushing tax burden when commodity prices fall.

Her plan includes an escalator clause that gives the state a larger share of revenues when oil prices rise. This is common to production-sharing agreements all over the world.

Two women? I would be happy to see that.

Clinton vs Palin? Dear god no.

I cannot think of who I would like to see, but it is long passed time we tried having a woman in the Oval Office.

Immie

"I think it's about time we voted for Senators with breasts. After all, we've been voting for boobs long enough."

Claire Sargent, who was running against Arizona Sen John McCain, about the ten Democratic women campaigning for Senate seats in 1992.

Prof. ALLISON: Yeah. She was making a Second Amendment case. But in fact, the British were going out to Concord to seize colonists' arms, the weapons that the Massachusetts Provincial Congress was stockpiling there.

So, yeah, she is right in that. I mean, she may be pushing it too far to say this is a Second Amendment case. Of course, neither the Second Amendment nor the Constitution was in anyone's mind at the time. But the British objective was to get the arms that were stockpiled in Concord.

She had no idea why Paul Revere was riding. Didn't you see her squirming around when she was asked. She had no idea.

She knew why he was riding and the historians agree with her. You are a liberal so you don't want to believe it like the media.

Obama had zero foreign experience and only did 147 days as a junior Senator by default. Palin accomplished way more than Obama could ever imagined when she was governor from Dec 4, 2006 to July 26, 2009, some 965 days in office. Again.......965 days. In fact, she accomplished more in office than the 2 previous governors attempted. That is why she held a 93% approval rating and was chosen to be the VP pick. The GOP would be a winner with her as the nominee. The media has distorted her image due to the fact that she was a threat to Obama and democrats as she proved in the 2010 mid terms with 98% of her endorsements getting elected resulting in the GOP taking back the House of Representatives. When she gets out on the campaign trail for the 2014 mid-terms, you can expect the same thing with the senate.

Please, stop trying to compare her to Obama. He has a level of intelligence that she will never reach. Not in a million years.

awww, he so brilliant and intelligent nearly 60 % of the people disapprove of him

thank gawd Palin will never reach that..She's not that dumb to think she's a god like Obama and you believes he is:lol:

Last edited:
Two women? I would be happy to see that.

Clinton vs Palin? Dear god no.

I cannot think of who I would like to see, but it is long passed time we tried having a woman in the Oval Office.

Immie

"I think it's about time we voted for Senators with breasts. After all, we've been voting for boobs long enough."

Claire Sargent, who was running against Arizona Sen John McCain, about the ten Democratic women campaigning for Senate seats in 1992.

Your point?

Mine is that we "gentlemen" have done a damned fine job of screwing things up. It is time that we tried a different perspective.

Wait a minute, I just re-read your post and Claire was absolutely correct.

Immie

Last edited:
I think she is right. Palin would be a formidable candidate against Hillary who is riddled with scandal such as Benghazi. Palin's political record as governor is outstanding and it proves she makes wise economic decisions plus she has integrity, courage, determination and patriotism to make a good president of the United States.

hillary2.jpg

sarah-palin-hair.jpg

Governor Palin: Would Be Great to Have 'Two Women Duke It Out' for President - Conservatives4Palin

I'm guessing that Democrats would almost unanimously like to see Sarah Palin as the 2016 GOP candidate.

Could be that Obama is marginally more intelligent than Palin, though I see no sign of it. When away from the teleprompter he seems none too bright.

But when it come to sense, common or political, Palin wins hands down.

Could be that Obama is marginally more intelligent than Palin, though I see no sign of it. When away from the teleprompter he seems none too bright.

oh you went and did it now, talk of the Teleprompter
they will now bring out the HAND
mark my words

I think she is right. Palin would be a formidable candidate against Hillary who is riddled with scandal such as Benghazi. Palin's political record as governor is outstanding and it proves she makes wise economic decisions plus she has integrity, courage, determination and patriotism to make a good president of the United States.

Governor Palin: Would Be Great to Have 'Two Women Duke It Out' for President - Conservatives4Palin

I'm guessing that Democrats would almost unanimously like to see Sarah Palin as the 2016 GOP candidate.

Yes, I would. Despite all of the less than complimentary commentary I've given in this thread. :)

mark my words

Yeah, he should be writing on his hands instead. :)

mark my words

Yeah, he should be writing on his hands instead. :)

that's better than having to wear one of these specially made for him

:lol:

mark my words

Oh the hand. Kind of like what Democrat Dianne Feinstein did during a campaign debate and violated the rules?

s-FEINSTEIN-large300.jpg

Dem Sen Diane Feinstein Caught Violating Calif Gov Debate Rules w/Hand Notes

mark my words

Oh the hand. Kind of like what Democrat Dianne Feinstein did during a campaign debate and violated the rules?

s-FEINSTEIN-large300.jpg

Dem Sen Diane Feinstein Caught Violating Calif Gov Debate Rules w/Hand Notes

oh darn
:eusa_shhh:

I never knew so many repubs were intellectual contortionists until they started defending her erroneous statements.

I never knew so many repubs were intellectual contortionists until they started defending her erroneous statements.
It is historians like the one above who were defending her statements. Palin got it right.

Forum List

Back