Great rifle soon to be made in US (Florida)

SeniorChief_Polock

Gold Member
Nov 20, 2015
Luray, Virginia
Excellent news !
How many of you Piers Morgan lovers continue to call this an "Assault" rifle?
Bumbling meatheads

"The rifle dreamed up by Russian Army tank commander Mikhail Kalashnikov as he lay on a hospital bed after being wounded fighting the Germans in the 1941 Battle of Bryansk, became the world’s most popular firearm. The signature AK-47 — which stands for "Avtomat Kalashnikov," or “Kalashnikov’s machine,” and the initial year of production, was long available for import from Moscow until the U.S. imposed sanctions in 2014 in the wake of Russia’s invasion of Crimea."

foxnews

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soon to be manufactured in the Sunshine State
Think of all the jobs this will create Liberals
Those hard working gun manufacturers will need hot lunches, clean linens and their balls washed at the 24/7 plant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say imported carbines, but that wasn't specifically what it banned.

A carbine in general is just a shorter rifle but is still a long gun. A great value to them is if they fire the same ammo as the pistol you carry and that saves ammo issues when ammo is scarce or hard to come by.

The ban was a feel good measure that really accomplished nothing of functional effect regarding making anyone safer. Very few people are robbed or murdered with rifles in this country.

The rifles covered were merely rifles that had a military look to them or were civilian versions of military rifles, reduced to single shot and often with bayonet attaching mechanisms removed, as I understand it.

The ban was designed to score political points for the political patronage system that is strangling our nations economy and killing off our freedom one right at a time.

I would say imported carbines, but that wasn't specifically what it banned.

A carbine in general is just a shorter rifle but is still a long gun. A great value to them is if they fire the same ammo as the pistol you carry and that saves ammo issues when ammo is scarce or hard to come by.

The ban was a feel good measure that really accomplished nothing of functional effect regarding making anyone safer. Very few people are robbed or murdered with rifles in this country.

The rifles covered were merely rifles that had a military look to them or were civilian versions of military rifles, reduced to single shot and often with bayonet attaching mechanisms removed, as I understand it.

The ban was designed to score political points for the political patronage system that is strangling our nations economy and killing off our freedom one right at a time.

The ban on foreign arms seemed to have a protectionist element too

AKs are good guns but for myself there are several I prefer to have.
And those might be....?

Well most actually. The AKs main virtues are that it is simple to use maintain and instruct and is highly reliable with enough power and accuracy to accomplish most infantry tasks. On the minus side when loaded they are heavy and not especially accurate especially at longer ranges. Among military rifles I prefer the M-16 somewhat and most definitely the M-14 and even the M-1 Garand (if I don't have to hump it long distances in hot weather). Both are powerful and accurate even at long range.

AKs are good guns but for myself there are several I prefer to have.
And those might be....?

Well most actually. The AKs main virtues are that it is simple to use maintain and instruct and is highly reliable with enough power and accuracy to accomplish most infantry tasks. On the minus side when loaded they are heavy and not especially accurate especially at longer ranges. Among military rifles I prefer the M-16 somewhat and most definitely the M-14 and even the M-1 Garand (if I don't have to hump it long distances in hot weather). Both are powerful and accurate even at long range.
And expensive for a poor old unemployed vet like me.

Besides the Veper is fairly accurate for iron sight shooting.

Forum List

Back