GROOMERS: Wyoming GOP fights back to keep child brides

So, back before women even had the right to vote you grandmother got married at 15? Are you saying we should go back to those days?
You should be concerned with all of those African American 15-year-olds having children with no fathers... Never a word about that for some reason.

What they won’t protect children against, though, is being married off before attaining adulthood.

Sounds perverted to me! What do you think?
It's about all those awful Mormon fundamentalists in the Southwest.

They have forever tried to lock up young girls into marriage as fast as they can. It's the same deal with the Islamists.

Lots of right wing arguments for paedophilia. Your heads must be spinning you lying bastards.
Conservatives just like little girls.

You should be concerned with all of those African American 15-year-olds having children with no fathers... Never a word about that for some reason.

Feel free to start a thread about that, would be a good topic

That is very dishonest. Wow.

I have always been against the hypersexualizing of young children ...
I just think it amazing all the sick people that think they can hide their crap in the Narrative ... And behind the garbage in the OP.

How dishonest? Really? How about the idiot causing the distraction simply by complaining about the image source?

So they used a stock, professionally shot photo of a little girl dressed as a bride to literally "illustrate" their point? Like people don't use memes here every day for the same purpose?

Fine. Here's another image. It's from way back in 2018. Notice all the facial expressions. Dishonest?

child1.png

More than 200,000 children were married in the US over the past 15 years, new figures have revealed.

Three 10-year-old girls and an 11-year-old boy were among the youngest to wed, under legal loopholes which allow minors to marry in certain circumstances.
Okay, have at AirplaneMechanic. Here's a few more for ya from Amazon and the "Bridal Boutique":
See, turns out Nan & Jan are this mixed race couple who like to play dress up for "Communion" or,.. just can't wait to get married, .. and require all sorts of $600 dresses and crap..
Ah, corporate capitalism!

wedding-dress-366543_1920-1170x600.jpg

Currently, there’s no minimum age to marry in Wyoming.

The Republican Party is all about protecting the children, we’ve heard in recent years. The GOP wants to protect children from what they call ‘sexualization,’ such as the acknowledgment that a teenager can be LGBTQ, or even mentioning that a child may have same-sex parents.

What they won’t protect children against, though, is being married off before attaining adulthood.

The fight to defend child marriage has direct links to the ideology of denying women control of their own bodies.

Republicans argue that since a girl under the age of 16 can get pregnant, it’s necessary for her to have the option to marry — even though they’re against the right for her to choose a medical procedure to stop being pregnant, often even if it costs her life.

The current fight over child marriages is now the hottest in Wyoming, where legislation has been proposed to limit marriage to those aged 16 and above — and where Republicans are vehemently opposing it.

Currently, there’s no minimum age to marry in Wyoming, although those under 16 must have the approval and order of a judge to do so.

Sounds perverted to me! What do you think?

Sounds like a demoquack dream

Fix the law

How dishonest? Really? How about the idiot causing the distraction simply by complaining about image source?

So they used a stock, professionally shot photo of a little girl dressed as a bride to literally "illustrate" their point? Like people don't use memes here every day for the same purpose?

Fine. Here's another image. It's from way back in 2018. Notice all the facial expressions. Dishonest?

child1.png

Okay, have at AirplaneMechanic. Here's a few more for ya from Amazon and the "Bridal Boutique":
See, turns out Nan & Jan are this mixed race couple who like to play dress up for "Communion" or,.. just can't wait to get married, .. and require all sorts of $600 dresses and crap..
Ah, corporate capitalism!

Stealing a photo from a childs halloween costume website to try to prove a point shows that you are dishonest. Nothing else matters. In fact, it's a violation of copyright law.

As it is, YOU stole that photo from a website from Dubai, Arab news AND the article is from 2017. Again, disingenuous. So that photo shows NOTHING happening in America. Why lie? Why can't you fucking be fucking honest you dickhead? It's an article saying adults are marrying "kids" but NOBODY has a clue where that photo was taken. We do know it's a foreign news agency and we do know it's 6 years old.

Last edited:
The flds creepy pedo warren jeffs
Warren Jeffs: exactly. He copied Joseph Smith the originator of the Mormon cult exactly in his gross abuse of young girls. I read a lot about all that at one time --- the disgraced Southern televangelists had NOTHING on that con man Joseph Smith.

So, back before women even had the right to vote you grandmother got married at 15? Are you saying we should go back to those days?
No, I said that to express that times have changed in that we don't agree with child brides anymore. Obviously, I meant that they are changed for the better. I'm not sure why that wouldn't be your interpretation.

Maybe my grandma was pregnant and "had to" get married, or face a lifetime of ostracization and poverty. It isn't like that anymore for pregnant teenagers. Allowing very young girls a right to unlimited marriage, is not a good idea.

But, sometimes it may be the best of several bad options. A judge, faced with a girl who is pregnant and willing to marry the father, but not willing to give the baby up by adoption or abortion, will have to use that judgement that they are supposed to have as judges.

Stealing a photo from a childs halloween costume website to try to prove a point shows that you are dishonest. Nothing else matters. In fact, it's a violation of copyright law.
Ah, so now they stole the photo. :rock:

How do you know that? :linky:

Nothing? :1041:

Need more time? :umno:

Shocking!

You can go to the Washington Press' website linked in the bottom of the OP's Article.
Wait, let's just do that. Right now. Together. Shall we? Here's the website:
They are just a bunch of hacks ... They'll do anything to make an excuse ...
And act like they aren't just full of shit ... And trying to support the Narrative.
What? I know you can speak English. What is "the Narrative?" What are you talking about?

I have to say, that I find it amusing that people on this thread who support psychologizing, medicalizing, and surgicalizing the sexual confusion that a large percentage of teenagers feel at some point in their development are in such a moral tizzy over teenagers getting married with the consent of a judge.
I find it amusing that people like you can just wave at and accuse no one in particular of things at such length. Have the balls to name names and provide some clear examples or get off the pot, Flops. To see more, you need to show more.

Forum List

Back