Groupon CEO

dunndatt

Rookie
Mar 3, 2013
Pac NW coast
Takes responsibility, quits, gets no golden parachute.

Should be the model for every CEO running a failing business. You don't get to leave with a bucket of cash if the company is run into the ground.

Indeed, if you are CEO of a failing organization, or on the board of such a thing, or a senior executive of it, YOUR PERSONAL wealth needs to go to with the business when you leave... not with you.

Not to defend excessive compensation, but this post evidences an epic misunderstanding of corporate organization (limited liability). If individuals were made personally liable for all business liabilities, there would be no planes, trains, automobiles or any other conveniences of modern life.

I know, a career at IBM and I don't know corporations.

Did I say make them responsible for ANY of those things you listed? No.

I said running a failing company.

Now, this is the problem I have with "conservatives." You show limited reading comprehension skills, you fill in the blanks rather than ask questions for qualifications, and you then go on with your "analysis" as though it was the original statement and is factual.

My point was, and remains, CEOs and others in the USA seldom take personal responsibility for their failure, and indeed get rewarded with much wealth.

Personal responsibility.

Andy Mason has close to 46 million shares of Groupon. As a major shareholder, he has already made his wealth and is in vastly different position from standard employee officers. He did the right thing by resigning, but holding him up as a model of someone leaving with nothing is not accurate.

In a nutshell, conservatives don't care about a CEO with his inability to do his job and still get compensated. But Jesus H. F*cking Christ if a worker tries to get duly paid for his work or ask for a raise and it is....what the f*ck is wrong here girls and boys? A worker is f*cking the company so let us hang the b*stards.
Typical rotten stupid response from an idiot.

Who cares?

Forum List

Back