Gum balls for thought...

80 million people are born into impoverished populations each year, worldwide. I'm sure every one of them would love to live in the U.S.

80 million people are born into impoverished populations each year, worldwide. I'm sure every one of them would love to live in the U.S.

Don't be so sure but it's not 80 million come here every year now is it?

The guy in the video is any excuse to keep the darkies away. He's on record because of who he supports.

Don't be so sure but it's not 80 million come here every year now is it?

The guy in the video is any excuse to keep the darkies away. He's on record because of who he supports.

PreMenstrualaHemmerhoid is saying the poor are all "darkies". Racist!

Exactly who is it that says that congress allows 1 million immigrants in, in an attempt to minimize world poverty?

Our doors are open to those that want to come as long as they meet criteria. No one is saying "America's immigration is designed to help world poverty".

The whole concept of his presentation is based on a false premise.

I think I heard him say that we take the best from the poor countries...and that it would be better they stay where they are and work to improve their own country.

I think I heard him say that we take the best from the poor countries...and that it would be better they stay where they are and work to improve their own country.

Yes....he did....

But his premise was that the US allows 1 million a year to immigrate and that we, the US see that as doing our part as it pertains to world poverty.

And his conclusion was we would serve the issue of world poverty better by taking none in.

And I understand his logic.

But the argument is wrong because our immigration system and our international humanitarian policies are not at all connected.

Yes....he did....

But his premise was that the US allows 1 million a year to immigrate and that we, the US see that as doing our part as it pertains to world poverty.

And his conclusion was we would serve the issue of world poverty better by taking none in.

And I understand his logic.

But the argument is wrong because our immigration system and our international humanitarian policies are not at all connected.

The Basics | Immigration Policy Center

"U.S. immigration law is very complex, and there is much confusion as to how it works. The Immigration and Naturalization Act (INA), the body of law governing current immigration policy, provides for an annual worldwide limit of 675,000 permanent immigrants, with certain exceptions for close family members. Congress and the President determine a separate number for refugee admissions. Immigration to the United States is based upon the following principles: the reunification of families, admitting immigrants with skills that are valuable to the U.S. economy, protecting refugees, and promoting diversity. This fact sheet provides basic information about how the U.S. legal immigration system is designed."

Forum List

Back