Gun Ownership Plummets!

Howey

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2013
As more and more Americans decide to leave law enforcement to those qualified to do it and as guns are removed from owners who thought they were responsible gun owners.

Thanks Obama!

All the stories about people rushing out to buy guns after recent mass shootings may give the impression that more Americans have guns at home. Yet a survey reveals that the percentage of U.S. homes with a gun has been in steady decline over the past four decades, with a surprisingly sharp drop in the South and Western mountain states. Whereas an average of 50 percent of households owned a gun in the 1970s, that number declined to 35 percent in the 2000s, with 34 percent of households reporting gun ownership in 2012, notes the New York Times.

The Times analyzes data from the General Social Survey, carried out by a research center at the University of Chicago, for its findings, but not everyone agrees. Gallup, for example, shows a higher ownership rate and a much smaller drop, with 43 percent of Americans reporting having a gun in their home last year, compared to 50 percent in 1968.

Well, when the Kanamits land to harvest humans for food, you unarmed morons (who are likely soft and passive as well), will be the first to be "served".

there's more guns than people, actually, and if gunownership numbers is dropping, the remaining owners must be buying the hell out of them. Especially .22's, since you can't find .22 ammo worth a hoot.

Moderation Message:

My apologies.. I inadvertantly left this thread closed
while cleaning and merging similar threads on this topic.
This one is on gun ownership -- not gun sales and it was
my intention to reopen it. Bumping it for discussion.

flacaltenn

The OP credits OBAMA for statistics in the 2000's??? It's weak, it contradicts itself, and it is no way a scholarly or thorough study of the subject.. Just fluff....

What do you expect from Howie? Factual information is the furthest thing in the world he wants.

Obama did WHAT -- Howie??

zvumamcapkcvqcxbn-xf4a.gif

Your OP mentioned a "surprising drop in the Western states".. How come they didn't mention the HUGE uptick in the Eastern states?

gun-ownership-declining1.png

Guns are like prunes... is one enough? Are six too many?

LMAO.....so true....went out a few years ago and got me a 12G for home defense......that was all I wanted to do. Now my whole family has arsenals and so do I.......who knew?:D:D Friends too.......nothing like a day at the range!!!:rock:

Got me a 930 Mossberg in February and walked out saying, "Well......that its for awhile now!!!'. LOL.....by early April I was walking out of the local Sportsman shop with a Siaga in 7.62-39.......

Your OP mentioned a "surprising drop in the Western states".. How come they didn't mention the HUGE uptick in the Eastern states?

That gallup poll is crap too. There are more guns out there than ever before.

The numbers I cite are from 2013-14. Those are older.

The numbers I cite are from 2013-14. Those are older.

Doesn't matter, you're numbers are shit too. No one answers those polls truthfully. It's none of their business.

Forum List

Back