Gun Ownership Plummets!

Obama did WHAT -- Howie??

zvumamcapkcvqcxbn-xf4a.gif

Your OP mentioned a "surprising drop in the Western states".. How come they didn't mention the HUGE uptick in the Eastern states?

gun-ownership-declining1.png

The numbers I cite are from 2013-14. Those are older.

Doesn't matter, you're numbers are shit too. No one answers those polls truthfully. It's none of their business.

I see...you don't like the results so they just gotta be wrong! Dimwit.

Your OP mentioned a "surprising drop in the Western states".. How come they didn't mention the HUGE uptick in the Eastern states?

Why do you lie Howey?? Your OP has NO DATA from 2013-14.. The link I found was from March 2013. And there is NO data there as you state from 13/14...

As far as "self-reporting bias" being a REAL EFFECT in polling, you are also being dishonest. Because if the topic of the poll had been self-reporting of LGBT status -- you would be flipping crap burgers about how irrelevent "self-reporting" on polls can be.

All in all --- lying and dishonesty doesn't overcome the misrepresentations in your OP.....

Why do you lie Howey?? Your OP has NO DATA from 2013-14.. The link I found was from March 2013. And there is NO data there as you state from 13/14...

As far as "self-reporting bias" being a REAL EFFECT in polling, you are also being dishonest. Because if the topic of the poll had been self-reporting of LGBT status -- you would be flipping crap burgers about how irrelevent "self-reporting" on polls can be.

All in all --- lying and dishonesty doesn't overcome the misrepresentations in your OP.....

No, the other thread does:

Gun sales are plunging - Feb. 14, 2014

Background checks by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, considered to be the most accurate means of tracking gun sales, plunged by a third in January compared to the year before. There were about 1.66 million background checks last month, and nearly 2.5 million in January the year before.

Since you didn't post the source for the Gallup Poll (aren't you a mod? Don't you know better?) here it is:

Self-Reported Gun Ownership in U.S. Is Highest Since 1993

In case you didn't know it, there's a difference between self-reporting gun ownership in a survey taken of a little over 1000 people on a cell phone and ATF numbers.

The survey I quoted was done by the premiere surveying site, General Social Survey, and covers substantially more participants and truer answers.

More...

The findings contrast with the impression left by a flurry of news reports about people rushing to buy guns and clearing shop shelves of assault rifles after the massacre last year at an elementary school in Newtown, Conn.

“There are all these claims that gun ownership is going through the roof,” said Daniel Webster, the director of the Johns Hopkins Center for Gun Policy and Research. “But I suspect the increase in gun sales has been limited mostly to current gun owners. The most reputable surveys show a decline over time in the share of households with guns.”

That decline, which has been studied by researchers for years but is relatively unknown among the general public, suggests that even as the conversation on guns remains contentious, a broad shift away from gun ownership is under way in a growing number of American homes. It also raises questions about the future politics of gun control. Will efforts to regulate guns eventually meet with less resistance if they are increasingly concentrated in fewer hands — or more resistance?

cant stay up on shit.....too busy getting pumped by the cat on the couch!!!:D

For the past 6 years gun ownership has been going through the roof. It got to a point recent where I walked into a gun shop and could find very few guns.

It's the natural ebb and tide of the market.

The OP is his usual idiot self.

Doesn't matter, you're numbers are shit too. No one answers those polls truthfully. It's none of their business.

I see...you don't like the results so they just gotta be wrong! Dimwit.

No, I just know gun owners and they don't like answering questions like that. It's a simple concept for them....it's none of your damned business.

I must say you are one hell of a narcissist! I don't think I have seen a nitwit like you post up so many beefcake shots of themselves on the internet ever!:lol::lol: Must be hard to get a date when you're such an angry malevolent prick all the time!

As the sarge said in the movie....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9ML8k]Lighten Up Francis - YouTube[/ame]

Howey:
Confusing statistics on Gun Sales with statistics on number of households owning one fireearm just show how mentally vulnerable you are to being abused by logic, reason and numbers. One question bears no relationship to the other. And this entire thread crediting Obama for a reduction in OWNERSHIP is simply not supportable. You're wasting everyone's time .

Howey:
Confusing statistics on Gun Sales with statistics on number of households owning one fireearm just show how mentally vulnerable you are to being abused by logic, reason and numbers. One question bears no relationship to the other. And this entire thread crediting Obama for a reduction in OWNERSHIP is simply not supportable. You're wasting everyone's time .

lol. You're ignorant. Show me where I credited Obama. And it was you who confused statistics.

You're such a :piss2: Republican!

cFsRJK1.gif
cFsRJK1.gif

cFsRJK1.gif
cFsRJK1.gif

Last edited:
Howey:

lol. You're ignorant. Show me where I credited Obama. And it was you who confused statistics.

So when are you going to ban yourself for not citing a source?

MORE DISHONESTY? You going for complete irrelevance here?? Show you where credited OBAMA ??? SERIOUSLY ????

How about the OP for this bovine pile??

As more and more Americans decide to leave law enforcement to those qualified to do it and as guns are removed from owners who thought they were responsible gun owners.

Thanks Obama!

Sheeesh.. What a maroon... Make ya a deal.. I'll show you how to get the source for that data I published -- as soon as you SUPPORT your assertions that started this whole time waste..

Howey:

MORE DISHONESTY? You going for complete irrelevance here?? Show you where credited OBAMA ??? SERIOUSLY ????

As more and more Americans decide to leave law enforcement to those qualified to do it and as guns are removed from owners who thought they were responsible gun owners.

Thanks Obama!

Sheeesh.. What a maroon... Make ya a deal.. I'll show you how to get the source for that data I published -- as soon as you SUPPORT your assertions that started this whole time waste..

I owe you rep!

Thanks Obama!

I owe you rep!

Me too.

Obama has taught me, if asked an uncomfortable question lie. So if i was asked in a poll today, i would say, i don't own a gun.

Obama has taught me, if asked an uncomfortable question lie. So if i was asked in a poll today, i would say, i don't own a gun.

Everyone I ask recently lost all their firearms in freak boating and canoeing accidents.

At this rate, I'm expecting to see beaver dams constructed of nothing but rusted long guns.

Forum List

Back