Gunman wielded AK-47 inside Georgia school

Today in the news they said the gunman had a history of serious mental illness and was off his meds. This has become all to common. Beginning in the 1980's we started deinstitutionalization by releasing mental patients in the community. It was felt that patient's illness could be controlled by drugs and they would improve faster in community with private care. And so began the process and it continues to this day. Unfortunately there are a lot of people that are seriously mentally ill, that for one reason or another, don't get the care they need and no one monitors them to see that they take their meds. As long we allow people like this access to guns, we can expect more attacks on schools, malls, and other public places. Guns in the hands of the mentally ill is a disaster waiting to happen.

Once again we have someone who starts with the real problem (ie releasing mentally ill "into the wild") and then ends with a solution (restricting access to guns) that has NOTHING to do with the problem!!! :bang3:

If you know releasing these people is not working and they pose a danger to society, then the solution is not releasing them!

Today in the news they said the gunman had a history of serious mental illness and was off his meds. This has become all to common. Beginning in the 1980's we started deinstitutionalization by releasing mental patients in the community. It was felt that patient's illness could be controlled by drugs and they would improve faster in community with private care. And so began the process and it continues to this day. Unfortunately there are a lot of people that are seriously mentally ill, that for one reason or another, don't get the care they need and no one monitors them to see that they take their meds. As long we allow people like this access to guns, we can expect more attacks on schools, malls, and other public places. Guns in the hands of the mentally ill is a disaster waiting to happen.

had he been through the system

Once again we have someone who starts with the real problem (ie releasing mentally ill "into the wild") and then ends with a solution (restricting access to guns) that has NOTHING to do with the problem!!! :bang3:

If you know releasing these people is not working and they pose a danger to society, then the solution is not releasing them!

or at least keeping them in a supervised living situation

People like you have created this situation. Live with it.:eusa_hand:

Uh...actually people like YOU have created the situation by arming criminals (and blaming others for their behavior) while disarming law abiding citizens.

Clearly it's a bad formula that doesn't work. But even though you Dumbocrats know that, you can't bring yourselves to admit it yet.

Heres another of those con-commies trying to take away Americans gun rights. Don't you know what shall not be infringed means? These con antigunners are the reason we are where we are today. Every con president they elected stole gun rights, so no wonder we see this con trying to do it here!!:cool:

Perhaps you need to read my post again. I support "shall not be infringed" (and everything else in the U.S. Constitution) a billion percent.

Uh...actually people like YOU have created the situation by arming criminals (and blaming others for their behavior) while disarming law abiding citizens.

Clearly it's a bad formula that doesn't work. But even though you Dumbocrats know that, you can't bring yourselves to admit it yet.

Heres another of those con-commies trying to take away Americans gun rights. Don't you know what shall not be infringed means? These con antigunners are the reason we are where we are today. Every con president they elected stole gun rights, so no wonder we see this con trying to do it here!!:cool:

Perhaps you need to read my post again. I support "shall not be infringed" (and everything else in the U.S. Constitution) a billion percent.

I see it this way, dangerous people should be locked up and out of society until they are no longer a danger. In the free society everybody has guns that want them, there are no exceptions, shall not be infirnged is for everybody. I get tired of this BS releasing criminals who kill again. WTF!! Then they want to take our guns because of their own stupidity in letting dangerous parolees walk our streets. BS!! we spend billions baby sitting unsafe people in our society who should be behind bars out of society.

A gunman who opened fire at a Georgia elementary school on Tuesday was armed with an AK-47 "and a number of other weapons," police said. The shooter barricaded himself in the school's front office with employees before eventually surrendering to police, DeKalb County Police Chief Cedric Alexander told reporters. The outcome could have been much different if a school office worker had not talked the gunman down.

Only 8 months after Sandy Hook, another elementary school is attacked by a heavily armed gunman. The next time we may not be so lucky.

AR-130829981.jpg&maxh=400&maxw=667

Again, school shooting terror -- but a relieved outcome

Just one question. how many people did he kill with his deadly assault style weapon and high capacity magazines?

We have no proof that that is true. And the 2nd says shall not be infringed. Our founders knew there were crazy people and they didn't cut them off from the 2nd. If they are a danger to themselves or others, keep them locked out of a free society.
Allowing the seriously mental ill access to guns makes about as much sense as giving a loaded gun to a two year old. I doubt that the founders ever gave any thought to allowing the insane access to firearms because only the insane would do such a thing.

We have no proof that that is true. And the 2nd says shall not be infringed. Our founders knew there were crazy people and they didn't cut them off from the 2nd. If they are a danger to themselves or others, keep them locked out of a free society.
Allowing the seriously mental ill access to guns makes about as much sense as giving a loaded gun to a two year old. I doubt that the founders ever gave any thought to allowing the insane access to firearms because only the insane would do such a thing.

People adjudicated mentally defective are already barred from buying and owning guns.

A gunman who opened fire at a Georgia elementary school on Tuesday was armed with an AK-47 "and a number of other weapons," police said. The shooter barricaded himself in the school's front office with employees before eventually surrendering to police, DeKalb County Police Chief Cedric Alexander told reporters. The outcome could have been much different if a school office worker had not talked the gunman down.

Only 8 months after Sandy Hook, another elementary school is attacked by a heavily armed gunman. The next time we may not be so lucky.

AR-130829981.jpg&maxh=400&maxw=667

Again, school shooting terror -- but a relieved outcome

When will Congressional republicans write laws to protect all American schools from predators even getting onto the school grounds? They can write it for airports to protect the rich flyer's, they can write for government buildings to protect their own selves, but they can't seem to write it to protect America's children. Pathetic!!!

Did this discussion all of a sudden get too smart for you? What part of "gun control will not stop gun crime" do you not understand?

And copywrite laws won't stop software pirating, so let's get rid of those. Rape laws won't stop rape, so let's get rid of those.

I'm against gun control laws, but not for that idiotic reason. I'm against gun control laws because they're all emotional based, and pay no attention to numbers and statistics.

When will Congressional republicans write laws to protect all American schools from predators even getting onto the school grounds? They can write it for airports to protect the rich flyer's, they can write for government buildings to protect their own selves, but they can't seem to write it to protect America's children. Pathetic!!!

Did this discussion all of a sudden get too smart for you? What part of "gun control will not stop gun crime" do you not understand?

And copywrite laws won't stop software pirating, so let's get rid of those. Rape laws won't stop rape, so let's get rid of those.

I'm against gun control laws, but not for that idiotic reason. I'm against gun control laws because they're all emotional based, and pay no attention to numbers and statistics.

Rape laws dont stop rape because that isnt their purpose. Their purpose is to punish an activity that society deems criminal.
Owning a gun is not ipso facto criminal.

"This country has a mental health problem disguised as a gun problem and a tyranny problem disguised as a security problem." - Joe Rogan

Has it occurred to any of you leftists that we own guns for a reason?

Not for hunting. I don't like to hunt. At all. Not one bit.

Know why most people own guns?

Fear. They'are afraid of criminals breaking into their homes and raping, robbing and torturing them to death.

They're afraid of gangs of thugs.

They're afraid because the Cops in this Country are next to useless and the Court System is called a 'Revolving Door Judicial" for a reason.

Remember the minor news about the three 15 year old Black kids beating up the 13 year old White kid on the Bus?

My first post on the topic was in response to a leftard's comment, "Well, they're in Jail. What are you complaining about?"

I answered, "Because they'll be released and nothing will be done to them."

I was right. I usually am. :lol:

People get half, or totally, beaten to death ALL the time in this Country.

Little old Ladies and 80+ year old WWII Veteran gets murdered in their farm house just a few weeks ago.

People get car-jacked and killed all the time.

Two reporters get pulled out of their car by a Mob and severely beaten in Virginia. Know what's been done about it? Nothing.

They dragged some black kid off the street, gave him a stern warning and put him on probation.

Home invasions are rampant in this Country. Murders, rapes, robberies every day.

Do they make National News?

Fuck no.

Maybe if you people would get half as upset about the rampant crime in this Country, we could take you seriously...........

Not really. You're dimocraps. Too stupid to chew gum and walk at the same time.

Just letting you know why we don't listen to you. And why we never will.

So what you're saying is that having 300 gazillion guns in our society is no deterrent at all since we're so violent.

Just letting you know why you have lost 5 of the last 6 popular votes and only the American penchant for regularly switching parties in the White House will re-deliver it to the GOP.

I didn't think you would listen.

Same shit, different day.

Fear. We get it.

And copyright laws won't stop software pirating, so let's get rid of those. Rape laws won't stop rape, so let's get rid of those.

Your sarcasm is childish.

They minimize the instance that such things will occur. They don't stop them completely. I never said get rid of a law that doesn't stop a certain type of crime completely. Who would dare make such a ludicrous suggestion? Gun control is a special case, whereby if the victim is armed whilst the assailant is armed, the armed victim serves as a viable deterrent to the armed assailant who would much rather not risk death or great bodily harm. The Gun Control laws people tout for whatever reason political or emotional, tend to have the reverse effect on the crimes they are intended to combat. Instead of decreasing gun violence, they increase it. Multiple studies and CHICAGO bear this out.

Forum List

Back