Halloweentown: A Reversal of Fortune

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
I love Halloween and wanted to write an 'inverted fan-fic' inspired by the American horror film Halloween III: Season of the Witch.

My theory is that Americans love Halloween, since its masquerade flavor speaks to America's appreciation of identity (and hence multi-culturalism!).

====

Alas the prince of Armenia traveled to America to get away from his abusive alcoholic father and joined the Mummers and participated in the New Year's Parade for four years before becoming a bank-robber, frustrated by his own alcoholism. He decided to move to Los Angeles and experiment with a bohemian lifestyle by joining a faction of anarchists living there. Alas soon discovered that these anarchists were planning an elaborate terrorist take-over of America the coming Halloween.

The anarchists called themselves the Dark Seeds, and they intended to plant countless pumpkins stuffed with explosives in Washington, D.C. The Dark Seeds would carry the slogan, "The capital harvest has arrived, and no one is safe from the ugliness of pedestrian dissatisfaction with the untidy American Dream!" Alas was horrified and even though he was dating one of the women in the tribe of the Dark Seeds, he decided to become a vigilante and defy this terrorism mission.

Alas (who now called himself 'Darkman') traveled to Washington with the Dark Seeds one week before Halloween, pretending to be one of their 'minions.' When the Dark Seeds started gathering pumpkins and stuffing them with explosives for the intended Halloween terrorist deed, 'Darkman' followed closely behind them and stealthily diffused all of the bombs in the pumpkins without the Dark Seeds noticing. He then told the D.C. police that a long procession of 'masked pedestrians' would be marching towards the White House and 'requested' that cops shoot them water-guns.

When the cops did the deed Darkman (Alas) requested, they noticed that the procession of masked Dark Seed 'agents' became infuriated and started charging towards the cops, and the cops immediately realized something was terribly foul. The cops promptly gathered their forces and resources and arrested all 50 members of the Dark Seed tribe (and Darkman skulked away unnoticed). When Darkman/Alas returned to his home in Virginia Beach, he wrote in his diary, "By deterring terrorism on Halloween, I've escaped the looming shadow of my abusive father's tedium!"

====

pumpkin-patch-1[1].jpg

Ive always thought americans love of halloween is traced to it roots in puritan christianity, and the taboo of occult and pagan religions created by living among native Americans and different european religions created by puritanical Christianity. The same way telling a child they cant have something makes them want it even more. the salem witch trials like environment created an unhealthy perverted obsession with the occult. In the same way teenagers will rebel against their parents by dressing in goth makeup in all black with black lipstick.

nice story though

Forum List

Back