Happiness is......

Faith, spouse, family, health. My dying sister told me she was so happy that I was so happy with life. Every member of my family loves life and its wonderfulness as does she, and as she, they all want it for everybody.

Top five regrets of the dying ( of which I can say, as of today, none will apply to me. )

The top five regrets of the dying

A palliative nurse has recorded the top five regrets of the dying.

There was no mention of more sex or bungee jumps. A palliative nurse who has counselled the dying in their last days has revealed the most common regrets we have at the end of our lives. And among the top, from men in particular, is 'I wish I hadn't worked so hard'.

Ware writes of the phenomenal clarity of vision that people gain at the end of their lives, and how we might learn from their wisdom. "When questioned about any regrets they had or anything they would do differently," she says, "common themes surfaced again and again."

Here are the top five regrets of the dying, as witnessed by Ware:

1. I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.

2. I wish I hadn't worked so hard.

3. I wish I'd had the courage to express my feelings.

4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.

5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.

Read the common themes in detail, here:

Top five regrets of the dying | Life and style | guardian.co.uk

I think the definition of happiness changes and varies depending where we are in our lives. Good health is almost always important for happiness. Reaching goals can create happiness but I think true happiness comes from a personal relationship with God.
My Christian and Jewish friends seem to be the happiest most of the time.

Happiness to me right now would be money. MONEY MONEY MONEY!

Because money could solve every single problem I have right now. And I have quite a few of them.

Of course, good health is fairly essential to happiness. Unless you're an enlightened Buddhist or something, then you're able to be happy no matter what.

I don't need to be rich. All I want to do is maintain my modest middle-class lifestyle. I have been very happy these last several years. Now all is threatened.

Money is security. Money is freedom. Maybe money can't buy happiness, but it can sure as hell help.

I hope you get money soon, Koosh. I never wanted to be rich either. My goal was to go to the grocery store and not have to count what I had in the basket compared to what was in my wallet. I finally achieved that. But I lost my health. I miss it.

Enough money might help you get your health back. But I know what you mean. It's hard to be happy without your health.

I hope you get your health back, Gracie!!

Last edited:
Enough money might help you get your health back.

Nope. Money can make me semi comfortable but I will neve rbe like I was. I miss having a shop. I miss my long hair. I miss being around tourists and jabbering with them as we browse my collections they may purchase and the thrill when they found the right persian rug stuffed over in the corner of the shop. I miss going thrift shopping and not worrying being away from home so I can hide in my misery. I miss living.

Enough money might help you get your health back.

Nope. Money can make me semi comfortable but I will neve rbe like I was. I miss having a shop. I miss my long hair. I miss being around tourists and jabbering with them as we browse my collections they may purchase and the thrill when they found the right persian rug stuffed over in the corner of the shop. I miss going thrift shopping and not worrying being away from home so I can hide in my misery. I miss living.

That's sad. : ( We have to make this better. Do you know of other people who have been through what you're going through who might be able to help you? Like a support group? I know, it sounds cliche'...

Nah. It's just a part of growing old. I'm dealing with it. But I appreciate your sympathy. Live for me, Koosh. Get lots of money!!! Go places. Do things. LIVE.

Nah. It's just a part of growing old. I'm dealing with it. But I appreciate your sympathy. Live for me, Koosh. Get lots of money!!! Go places. Do things. LIVE.

I'll try, Gracie. But I won't go anywhere. I don't like to travel. I have fear of flying. I would be perfectly content to just stay home.

See, one man's meat is another man's poison. : )

Don't give up hope. You are eating healthy, doing your gluten-free thing. Perhaps the benefits will be cumulative, build up over the years. You may just be able to get more health back than you realize! It might just take some more time.

Forum List

Back