Happy 4/20 Everyone

What a beautiful, sunny day today. I'm going to go relax in the park for a bit and then go hang with some friends later on. And they got the Boston Bombers. Yeah!

How are you going to celebrate?

Little known fact:

420 is not the police code for marijuanna possession. It is the LAPD code for juvenile disturbance which only sometimes involves marijuanna.

There's lots of speculation on the origin of 420:

The True Origin of 420 - Setting The Record Straight : 420 MAGAZINE ®

The only Police code I could find which referenced 420 was San Francisco PD and it is for juvenile disturbance. Couldn't find it for LAPD.
RADIO CODES & SIGNALS - CALIFORNIA

I understand that it started because of a meeting time at 4:20 in the afternoon, but I've heard a lot of talk that 420 was the LAPD code for marijuanna. It is not.

Little known fact:

420 is not the police code for marijuanna possession. It is the LAPD code for juvenile disturbance which only sometimes involves marijuanna.

There's lots of speculation on the origin of 420:

The True Origin of 420 - Setting The Record Straight : 420 MAGAZINE ®

The only Police code I could find which referenced 420 was San Francisco PD and it is for juvenile disturbance. Couldn't find it for LAPD.
RADIO CODES & SIGNALS - CALIFORNIA

I understand that it started because of a meeting time at 4:20 in the afternoon, but I've heard a lot of talk that 420 was the LAPD code for marijuanna. It is not.

See I've never heard of LAPD using code 420 until right now. I've even heard the 4:20 meeting theory disputed too. I don't think we'll ever really know where it came from. It's funny how April 20 has become the official day of pot recognition though.

Forum List

Back