Happy Juneteenth one and all

I never heard of this holiday before, it reminds me of Alt Right, that just came about in August 2016 because democrats and their LMSM made it a thang.

So to all my Kwanzaa celebrating USMBers have a safe, social distanced Juneteenth. Do what you did last year (probably nothing) but be sure to wear your mask
Just makes me think of two things:
  1. Must be getting close to the next Trump rally.
  2. I have a sudden, strange craving for buttered warm pancakes though I'm not sure why. :smoke:

I never heard of this holiday before, it reminds me of Alt Right, that just came about in August 2016 because democrats and their LMSM made it a thang.

So to all my Kwanzaa celebrating USMBers have a safe, social distanced Juneteenth. Do what you did last year (probably nothing) but be sure to wear your mask
Juneteenth is the oldest nationally celebrated commemoration of the ending of slavery in the United States. Dating back to 1865, it was on June 19th that the Union soldiers, led by Major General Gordon Granger, landed at Galveston, Texas with news that the war had ended and that the enslaved were now free. Note that this was two and a half years after President Lincoln’s Emancipation Proclamation - which had become official January 1, 1863. The Emancipation Proclamation had little impact on the Texans due to the minimal number of Union troops to enforce the new Executive Order. However, with the surrender of General Lee in April of 1865, and the arrival of General Granger’s regiment, the forces were finally strong enough to influence and overcome the resistance.

Later attempts to explain this two and a half year delay in the receipt of this important news have yielded several versions that have been handed down through the years. Often told is the story of a messenger who was murdered on his way to Texas with the news of freedom. Another is that the news was deliberately withheld by the enslavers to maintain the labor force on the plantations. And still another is that federal troops actually waited for the slave owners to reap the benefits of one last cotton harvest before going to Texas to enforce the Emancipation Proclamation. All of which, or none of these versions could be true. Certainly, for some, President Lincoln's authority over the rebellious states was in question. Whatever the reasons, conditions in Texas remained status quo well beyond what was statutory.

General Order Number 3

One of General Granger’s first orders of business was to read to the people of Texas, General Order Number 3 which began most significantly with:

"The people of Texas are informed that in accordance with a Proclamation from the Executive of the United States, all slaves are free. This involves an absolute equality of rights and rights of property between former masters and slaves, and the connection heretofore existing between them becomes that between employer and hired laborer."

Juneteenth is the oldest nationally celebrated commemoration of the ending of slavery in the United States. Dating back to 1865, it was on June 19th that the Union soldiers, led by Major General Gordon Granger, landed at Galveston, Texas with news that the war had ended and that the enslaved were now free. Note that this was two and a half years after President Lincoln’s Emancipation Proclamation - which had become official January 1, 1863. The Emancipation Proclamation had little impact on the Texans due to the minimal number of Union troops to enforce the new Executive Order. However, with the surrender of General Lee in April of 1865, and the arrival of General Granger’s regiment, the forces were finally strong enough to influence and overcome the resistance.

Later attempts to explain this two and a half year delay in the receipt of this important news have yielded several versions that have been handed down through the years. Often told is the story of a messenger who was murdered on his way to Texas with the news of freedom. Another is that the news was deliberately withheld by the enslavers to maintain the labor force on the plantations. And still another is that federal troops actually waited for the slave owners to reap the benefits of one last cotton harvest before going to Texas to enforce the Emancipation Proclamation. All of which, or none of these versions could be true. Certainly, for some, President Lincoln's authority over the rebellious states was in question. Whatever the reasons, conditions in Texas remained status quo well beyond what was statutory.

General Order Number 3

One of General Granger’s first orders of business was to read to the people of Texas, General Order Number 3 which began most significantly with:

"The people of Texas are informed that in accordance with a Proclamation from the Executive of the United States, all slaves are free. This involves an absolute equality of rights and rights of property between former masters and slaves, and the connection heretofore existing between them becomes that between employer and hired laborer."
Never heard of it before, no one around here celebrates it. Never got Juneteenth off as a holiday. I thought is was some silly celebration of Summer. Like Flag Day or Cinco De Mayo or Groundhog Day. So General Lee triggered it all? Someone ought to erect a statue to him!

What did you do last Juneteenth?
Well, first off...it's pronounced 'Joonteenf'. I did what every person should do for the entire month, in solidarity and out of respect for the culture of our black brothers and sisters.
First off, no bills were paid. I instead spent all of money on useless consumer items. I bought clothes, jewelry, and 26" rims for my car. I smoked a TON of marijuana, ate horribly, (fast/processed foods) and in grande finale fashion, I impregnated a random woman.
Hopefully, my unknown progeny will carry on the tradition! Probably not...since she was Asian...hey...I can only go so far...not sleeping with one.

Last edited:
Let’s keep celebrating a race that add’s - trillions you our budget.. wtf is wrong with ppl

General Order Number 3

What did you do to celebrate last year?

Happy Juneteenth.
baltimore-riot-pol_3283102k.jpg

~~~~~~
The 13th Amendment to the United States Constitution, ratified just months after the end of the American Civil War, abolished slavery and involuntary servitude—except as a punishment for a crime—in the entire United States. As passed by Congress on January 31, 1865, and ratified by the states on December 6, 1865, the full text of the 13th Amendment reads:

~~~~~~
Obviously the fact that it took till June 19th 1865 is no wonder. Remember communications were not the same then as they are now... Also there was still animous regarding the loss of the Confederacy in some parts of Texas. There were still people in some states in the U.S. that were not aware of the ratification of the 13th Amendment and freedom of all slaves.

At this moment black lives matter has my daughter in law locked in a nail shop with employees and other customers. Our security units and Orange County Sheriff's office should be able to roust the illegal protesters out before it gets too bad.

Forum List

Back