Happy Juneteenth one and all

At this moment black lives matter has my daughter in law locked in a nail shop with employees and other customers. Our security units and Orange County Sheriff's office should be able to roust the illegal protesters out before it gets too bad.
Trump will put a stop to BLM, don't worry......

And then....you can create a new black boogeyman to blame everything on

Courlander wrote seven novels, his most famous being The African, published in 1967. The novel was the story of a slave's capture in Africa, his experiences aboard a slave ship, and his struggle to retain his native culture in a hostile new world. In 1978, Courlander filed suit in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, charging that Alex Haley, the author of Roots, had copied 81 passages from his novel.[3] Courlander's pre-trial memorandum in the copyright infringement lawsuit claimed:

Defendant Haley had access to and substantially copied from The African. Without The African, Roots would have been a very different and less successful novel, and indeed it is doubtful that Mr. Haley could have written Roots without The African. ... Mr. Haley copied language, thoughts, attitudes, incidents, situations, plot and character.[4]
The lawsuit did not allege that The African's plot was copied in its entirety, as the two novels differ in many plot points. Courlander's novel depicts a successful revolt on the slave ship, a shipwreck in the French colony of Saint-Domingue, a fugitive life as escaped slaves, recapture by French troops, and then transport to New Orleans in 1802. Haley's novel begins before the American Revolution, depicts disease striking down the slaves before they could revolt, and shows the ship arriving successfully in the British colony of Maryland. The copying in Roots was in the form of specific ideas and passages. For example, strikingly similar language is used to describe an infestation of lice on the slave ship:[5]

I never heard of this holiday before, it reminds me of Alt Right, that just came about in August 2016 because democrats and their LMSM made it a thang.

So to all my Kwanzaa celebrating USMBers have a safe, social distanced Juneteenth. Do what you did last year (probably nothing) but be sure to wear your mask
Idindunuffin !

Which I think is the custom

I never heard of this holiday before, it reminds me of Alt Right, that just came about in August 2016 because democrats and their LMSM made it a thang.

So to all my Kwanzaa celebrating USMBers have a safe, social distanced Juneteenth. Do what you did last year (probably nothing) but be sure to wear your mask
Texas Holiday for a century.

Forum List

Back