Hard rock women.

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
Growing up in NE Ohio , I had the great fortune of seeing a lot of concerts especially working at the Richfield Coliseum ( which is now gone and part of The Cuyahoga Valley National Park)after school and weekends.....including Heart a few times, Fleetwood Mac, Pat Benatar, Jefferson Starhip..... and I always thought that there would be a lot more hard rock female acts to follow but most of the popular female music either went country or r&b. Not a big Nightwish fan even though Tarja Turenin is awesome.

But there aren't enough so I've been on a mission to discover more and here are a few I've come up with so far.

This is a Billy Idol cover

Last edited:
Growing up in NE Ohio , I had the great fortune of seeing a lot of concerts especially working at the Richfield Coliseum ( which is now gone and part of The Cuyahoga Valley National Park)after school and weekends.....including Heart a few times, Fleetwood Mac, Pat Benatar, Jefferson Starhip..... and I always thought that would be a lot more hard drive female acts to follow but most of the popular female music either went country or r&b.

But there aren't enough so I've been on a mission to discover more and here are a few I've come up with so far.

No offense... But "Halestorm" kinda sux. Maria Brink is the God-Mother of modern women in Rock. No one even comes close in volume of quality content, and actual talent. In case you don't know her band is "In This Moment". And she's been at this for quite a while...

No offense... But "Halestorm" kinda sux. Maria Brink is the God-Mother of modern women in Rock. No one even comes close in volume of quality content, and actual talent. In case you don't know her band is "In This Moment". And she's been at this for quite a while...
I love Lizzy Hale's voice.....her band isn't Iron Maiden but not bad.

Jazz sucks

Rap sucks

Hard Rock sucks
But what happens when some really hot Baltic girl leads you into a jazzy, soft intro... only to skull fuck you you, and leave you to pulling the sheets out of your own ass..?

Give it a minute. You'll see...

Growing up in NE Ohio , I had the great fortune of seeing a lot of concerts especially working at the Richfield Coliseum ( which is now gone and part of The Cuyahoga Valley National Park)after school and weekends.....including Heart a few times, Fleetwood Mac, Pat Benatar, Jefferson Starhip..... and I always thought that there would be a lot more hard rock female acts to follow but most of the popular female music either went country or r&b. Not a big Nightwish fan even though Tarja Turenin is awesome.

This is a Billy Idol cover

I'm not impressed by women that do hard rock.

I prefer female singers like Karen Carpenter and Dionne Warwick.
I actually got thread banned for talking shit about the drug addictied, Karen Carpenter. I know you older folks love her, and I get that. But... Relevance in messaging, and modern relatability push her into historic anecdotalism...

I actually got thread banned for talking shit about the drug addictied, Karen Carpenter. I know you older folks love her, and I get that. But... Relevance in messaging, and modern relatability push her into historic anecdotalism...
Karen Carpenter suffered from anorexia and was not a druggie. You were rightfully banned for lying about it.

Forum List

Back