Has Anyone Here Ever Dealt With A Boss This Harsh?

JOSweetHeart

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2012
Go here for the news clip. Thankfully the manager was fired.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Thankfully, I have never worked for a person so vile.

She could have been more careful with her wording no doubt.
While I love my dogs I dont see it as a reason to call in if one were to die.

I would love to see an employee carry in a dead dog to Olive Garden

Yesterday, as I woke up to go to work, I found that the oldest of My three cats -- 21 years old -- had either caught his claw climbing onto My desk chair or trying to jump off of it. Regardless, I found him hanging with one leg still stuck to the chair, and he was gone. He just didn't have the strength to free himself, and it was too much for him.

So My day yesterday started off like shit. He was very old for a cat and just the night before, the wife and I were talking about maybe taking him to the vet this coming week. He had stopped grooming himself and eating. All very bad signs.

To top that off, yesterday was My birthday. So, yeah, a pretty shitty day.

No one is required to prove death to an employer, but it would never have occurred to Me to request the day off because of the death of a pet.

I HAVE worked for two companies where taking paid time off of any type was generally disapproved of. In both cases the companies preferred to pay out the unused hours at the end of the year than have people out of the office.

I also worked for a chain fast food restaurant that during summer months required a medical note for “sick days”.

Yesterday, as I woke up to go to work, I found that the oldest of My three cats -- 21 years old -- had either caught his claw climbing onto My desk chair or trying to jump off of it. Regardless, I found him hanging with one leg still stuck to the chair, and he was gone. He just didn't have the strength to free himself, and it was too much for him.

So My day yesterday started off like shit. He was very old for a cat and just the night before, the wife and I were talking about maybe taking him to the vet this coming week. He had stopped grooming himself and eating. All very bad signs.

To top that off, yesterday was My birthday. So, yeah, a pretty shitty day.

No one is required to prove death to an employer, but it would never have occurred to Me to request the day off because of the death of a pet.
Sorry to hear
Tough to see in a cat you had so long

Go here for the news clip. Thankfully the manager was fired.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Thankfully, I have never worked for a person so vile.

I've been in the retail industry before, including restaurants and fast food.

THIS manager is being kind!!!

This is a side effect from having to hire inept school kids and 20-somethings, because they have no professional skills at all.

It's a CONSTANT battle to keep people on staff, much less keeping them ahereing to their schedules they claim they will work.

What this manager did isn't mean, it's a NECESSITY in the retail food business!!!

^^^ What you say about the inept school kids, why should anyone else be punished for how unskilled they are when the rest of us don't have anything to do with whatever is or isn't going on with those kids?

For the record, I have never owned a pet, but I am no stranger to losing someone who means enough. Anyone who doesn't like that about me is more than welcome to trade places with me. It is an ongoing nightmare that there will never be ANY waking up from!!! The two most recent losses are my most favorite aunt and an uncle. My aunt died on September 5th and my uncle died just two days ago and because they are gone, my two most favorite cousins in the world do not have either of their parents anymore. :( :( :(

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

P.S. Any prayers for what is left of my family will be very much appreciated.

Forum List

Back