Have big medical debt?

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
http://insurancenewsnet.com/oarticl...ng-with-medical-de-a-518370.html#.U6S4DbFhsTB

Washington, DC - Senators Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI) and Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) have introduced legislation to help families burdened by the costs of illness and injury. The Medical Bankruptcy Fairness Act of 2014 (S. 2471) would make the bankruptcy process more forgiving for those driven to insolvency by medical issues.

"Even families with quality health insurance coverage can be bankrupted by an illness or injury that causes lost work and income," said Whitehouse, who introduced similar legislation in a previous session of Congress. "Bankruptcy is meant to give people a fresh start and should not be a source of added hardship in a time of need. This legislation will make our bankruptcy system fairer for families who find themselves in financial straits through no fault of their own, and I thank Senator Warren for joining me in this effort."

"Far too many families are driven into bankruptcy in the aftermath of a serious medical problem, when hospital bills pile up or a family member loses a job," said Senator Warren. "I'm pleased to join Senator Whitehouse to introduce the Medical Bankruptcy Fairness Act. This bill will provide some relief for families facing crushing medical debt and help them get back on their feet through a fairer bankruptcy process."

You racking up the debts on your std treatments?

How many balls have you gargled today you fuckin weirdo :cuckoo:

Don't worry, I didn't break your world record.

71c3931c1edc4353a0c03ec549753b965872a2c343c09255617f4470cbd924ed.jpg

http://insurancenewsnet.com/oarticl...ng-with-medical-de-a-518370.html#.U6S4DbFhsTB

Washington, DC - Senators Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI) and Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) have introduced legislation to help families burdened by the costs of illness and injury. The Medical Bankruptcy Fairness Act of 2014 (S. 2471) would make the bankruptcy process more forgiving for those driven to insolvency by medical issues.

"Even families with quality health insurance coverage can be bankrupted by an illness or injury that causes lost work and income," said Whitehouse, who introduced similar legislation in a previous session of Congress. "Bankruptcy is meant to give people a fresh start and should not be a source of added hardship in a time of need. This legislation will make our bankruptcy system fairer for families who find themselves in financial straits through no fault of their own, and I thank Senator Warren for joining me in this effort."

"Far too many families are driven into bankruptcy in the aftermath of a serious medical problem, when hospital bills pile up or a family member loses a job," said Senator Warren. "I'm pleased to join Senator Whitehouse to introduce the Medical Bankruptcy Fairness Act. This bill will provide some relief for families facing crushing medical debt and help them get back on their feet through a fairer bankruptcy process."

That's good news. My Partner has a huge Hospital bill from April.

yes, bankruptcy legislation during Boosh was changed to where it is harder to file bankruptcy and clear your debts....They added a counseling demand for those wanting to file and that cost extra also...
After I lost my 70k a year job due to multiple injuries and surgeries I have no medical debt but I am only making 1k a month on disability, which to me is pocket change but I have to eek out a life on that.. I checked my credit rating and I am 10k in debt from the medical problems..

That's good news. My Partner has a huge Hospital bill from April.
Partner, lol.

Forum List

Back