Head Coach Joe Mazzulla’s Catholic Faith Helped Guide The Boston Celtics To An NBA Championship

FranklinRoosevelt_FTW

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
May 12, 2022
Prior to game five of the NBA finals starting Boston Celtics head coach Joe Mazzula could be seen walking around the court with a rosary praying.

When asked about black coaches in the NBA here is the response from coach Mazzulla,

Joe Mazzulla Christian Response Shocks Before 2024 NBA Finals​

This is something that the fanatical left-wing cannot stand. Which is Christianity. They often make things about devout Christian Americans. Of course we know the radical left has brought cancel culture. They are trying to eliminate things like saying “merry Christmas” at the workplace.

What we see above is a great victory not only for Christianity, but for the United States of America, which has always been a Christian majority nation. We are not a theocracy, but we are clearly built in the great part upon Christian values.

Last edited:
“If we win the championship this year, we’re flying to Jerusalem and we’re walking from Jericho to Jerusalem,” Mazzulla told NBC Sports Boston last month. “And it will be kind of like just our reconnect. But we went last year and we stopped right along this mountain side of the Kidron Valley and you could see a path in between the mountains … the only way that [Jesus] could have gotten from Jericho to Jerusalem was through this valley. And right there I was like, ‘We have to walk that.’”

He added: “Most people go to Disney World or whatever but ... I think [the Holy Land is] the most important place to go back and recenter yourself.”

Mazzulla is of Italian descent on his father’s side (a former basketball player and coach) and African-American from his mother. Mazzulla and his wife, Camai, have a son named Emmanuel. He also has a stepson named Michael.

1718745160370.jpeg

And Red Auerbach was a Jew and his faith led to 16 Celtic Championships

Isn’t religion Great?

i like the way he said it.

"my faith in god ....." paid off in hard work , dedication, and a championship.

i can not believe that my prayers to st jude had anything to do with alabama missing that field goal with 2 sec left.

There is only one G-d. That is the key tenet that will get us all through
One of Christ's disciples reported his telling all his disciples when they pray, call on God, the father of all mankind. I read it when I was reviewing the New Testament last week. It really caught my attention that many religions teach each other to call on God. Funny how we have differences, but even more comforting, the most important things in common about a belief in Almighty God as the authority in faith. I'm not much of a theology expert as a person who loves the teachings of our God and Father of mankind who loves us all most when we follow his teachings to do good to our fellow persons on this earth. May we all live in peace and respect for God's creation, us. Hope all of you have a day of peace and happiness with lots of spiritual joy. 💜

Forum List

Back