Hear, hear!.....

asaratis

Uppity Senior Citizen
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 20, 2009
Stockbridge
Elected Officials Are Fundamentally Dishonest | The Newtown Bee

This letter was forwarded to Barack Obama, John Boehner, Chris Murphy, Dick Blumenthal, Elizabeth Esty, and Harry Reid

You in public office are fundamentally dishonest people. You lead lives of deception at every turn, structuring your lives as comfortably as you can while governing with an indifference and arrogance that is absolutely maddening. When the country is reeling from financial disaster, you waste a trillion dollars on a health care bill we can't afford and you've never read. You claim it's critical because health care costs are killing this country... no they're not, you are! You are killing this country. You endorse the ongoing slaughter of millions of unborn children and whine when terrorists are water boarded. You can't lecture us right in Newtown High School about not doing enough to keep our children safe, while simultaneously slaughtering the unborn. You fabricate the intense, media laden drama of the fiscal cliff and lack the courage to do anything about truly reforming the obscene gluttony of government. You know you'll be out of office before the bill comes due… you don't care and have no integrity nor honor.

You lie whenever and wherever you need to to move forth your agenda. Were you able, you would purge the US of guns… every last gun in the country, if you could. So please forgive Wayne LaPierre and those of us who don't trust you as far as we can spit. You're a dishonest lot, motivated by a distorted worldview. If mass murder prevention were truly your goal, you would welcome armed security wherever needed. It is outrageous that we protect our money with far more firepower than we protect our children.

Extremely well written, I think!

The dipshit lost me at "whine when terrorists are water boarded".

Until the UnConservatives and the GOP recant this totalitarian "ends justifies the means" sadistic love affair with torture, I will continue to kick them in the balls every opportunity I get.

And I will continue to stay home on Election Day after being a lifelong Republican voter.

These fuckers DESERVE a fucktard like Obama as their President. They worked very hard to ensure his victory with shit like this.

Until the UnConservatives and the GOP recant this totalitarian "ends justifies the means" sadistic love affair with torture, I will continue to kick them in the balls every opportunity I get.

And I will continue to stay home on Election Day after being a lifelong Republican voter.

These fuckers DESERVE a fucktard like Obama as their President. They worked very hard to ensure his victory with shit like this.
Thanks for addressing the most salient points she made. Your trite dismissal of the entire letter based on your opinion of such a small part of it is indicative of the liberal mindset. Shallow, to say the least. Congratulations for graduating from kindergarten....if you did!

Thanks for addressing the most salient points she made. Your trite dismissal of the entire letter based on your opinion of such a small part of it is indicative of the liberal mindset. Shallow, to say the least. Congratulations for graduating from kindergarten....if you did!

How revealing you feel an objection to torture is "trite".

Here's a kick in the balls, you UnConservative piece of shit:

From the two central features of every collectivist system, the need for a commonly accepted system of ends of the group and the all-overriding desire to give to the group the maximum of power to achieve these ends grows a definite system of morals, which on some points coincides and on others violently contrasts with ours—but differs from it in one point which makes it doubtful whether we can call it morals: that it does not leave the individual conscience free to apply its own rules and does not even know any general rules which the individual is required or allowed to observe in all circumstances. This makes collectivist morals so different from what we have known as morals that we find it difficult to discover any principle in them, which they nevertheless possess.

The difference of principle is very much the same as that which we have already considered in connection with the Rule of Law. Like formal law, the rules of individualist ethics, however unprecise they may be in many respects, are general and absolute; they prescribe or prohibit a general type of action irrespective of whether in the particular instance the ultimate purpose is good or bad. To cheat or steal, to torture or betray a confidence, is held to be bad, irrespective of whether or not in the particular instance any harm follows from it. Neither the fact that in a given instance nobody may be the worse for it, nor any high purpose for which such an act may have been committed, can alter the fact that it is bad. Though we may sometimes be forced to choose between different evils, they remain evils.

The principle that the end justifies the means is in individualist ethics regarded as the denial of all morals. In collectivist ethics it becomes necessarily the supreme rule; there is literally nothing which the consistent collectivist must not be prepared to do if it serves “the good of the whole,” because the “good of the whole” is to him the only criterion of what ought to be done. The raison d’état, in which collectivist ethics has found its most explicit formulation, knows no other limit than that set by expediency—the suitability of the particular act for the end in view. And what the raison d’état affirms with respect to the relations between different countries applies equally to the relations between different individuals within the collectivist state. There can be no limit to what its citizen must be prepared to do, no act which his conscience must prevent him from committing, if it is necessary for an end which the community has set itself or which his superiors order him to achieve.

The Road to Serfdom

Last edited:
I do not think Politico's are dishonest when they begin. The process corrupts them and makes them dishonest. An honest person cannot continue to win elections because the special interests will undoubtedly win in the end. To get honesty back into politics we must get rid of the influence special interests have, the bankrolling and the hidden agenda's that have become commonplace in Washington.

I think once any politician makes it to Washington, they quickly lose their idealistic visions of what they want to accomplish. They quickly learn about the real world of politics, which is no different than the mob. No one is going to get far in politics without playing the dirty games. I think the ones that have been there for years are the worst ones of all.

I wish we could throw the whole lot of them out and start over. We need to get rid of the federal reserve and put that responsibility back where it belongs- in the peoples' government.

Haven't heard anything from Washington regarding the contract with allowing the private banks to control our money being up this year. It was unconstitutional for Woodrow Wilson, a liberal, to hand control of our money to the private banks. Goldman Sachs and the other banks represent the so-called 1% and if Obama seriously wanted to make this country right, he'd take the power away from them and put it back where it belongs. Nary a word about the federal reserve from Obama or the media. That is where the solution starts, but I don't think anyone currently in Washington has the balls to do it. If the contract is up now, then Obama would have to renew the agreement. Let's see how serious he is about wanting to fix the country.

How revealing you feel an objection to torture is "trite".

Here's a kick in the balls, you UnConservative piece of shit:

From the two central features of every collectivist system, the need for a commonly accepted system of ends of the group and the all-overriding desire to give to the group the maximum of power to achieve these ends grows a definite system of morals, which on some points coincides and on others violently contrasts with ours—but differs from it in one point which makes it doubtful whether we can call it morals: that it does not leave the individual conscience free to apply its own rules and does not even know any general rules which the individual is required or allowed to observe in all circumstances. This makes collectivist morals so different from what we have known as morals that we find it difficult to discover any principle in them, which they nevertheless possess.

The difference of principle is very much the same as that which we have already considered in connection with the Rule of Law. Like formal law, the rules of individualist ethics, however unprecise they may be in many respects, are general and absolute; they prescribe or prohibit a general type of action irrespective of whether in the particular instance the ultimate purpose is good or bad. To cheat or steal, to torture or betray a confidence, is held to be bad, irrespective of whether or not in the particular instance any harm follows from it. Neither the fact that in a given instance nobody may be the worse for it, nor any high purpose for which such an act may have been committed, can alter the fact that it is bad. Though we may sometimes be forced to choose between different evils, they remain evils.

The principle that the end justifies the means is in individualist ethics regarded as the denial of all morals. In collectivist ethics it becomes necessarily the supreme rule; there is literally nothing which the consistent collectivist must not be prepared to do if it serves “the good of the whole,” because the “good of the whole” is to him the only criterion of what ought to be done. The raison d’état, in which collectivist ethics has found its most explicit formulation, knows no other limit than that set by expediency—the suitability of the particular act for the end in view. And what the raison d’état affirms with respect to the relations between different countries applies equally to the relations between different individuals within the collectivist state. There can be no limit to what its citizen must be prepared to do, no act which his conscience must prevent him from committing, if it is necessary for an end which the community has set itself or which his superiors order him to achieve.

The Road to Serfdom

Love it when you post like your not a progressive .....

What amazes me is how many folks continue to put their faith and hope in these people.

More than anything else, I think the Founding Fathers demonstrated a profound understanding of human nature when they created the Constitution. Checks and balances all over the freakin' place, minimizing the ability of an individual to do too much damage. Power has corrupted people since long before America was founded, that's for sure, and they addressed that fact the best they could.

What they didn't know was how badly our political system would be corrupted by money. They saw some potential, but couldn't have imagined this fuckin' circus.

Anyone who wants to be a politician has a need for power and position that is pathological.

Fucking circus?? You bet and its full of clowns. The folks we have elected to represent us. These folks have made a damned cushy life for themselves at our expense.

They have perks most folks would kill their mothers for. All at our expense. Perks that most folks don't come close to getting.

They spend our tax dollars like money grows on a tree all the while telling us its in our best interest.

They saddled us with SS, Medicare and the ACA. The ACA they passed, the Dems that is, without even reading the damned thing. Its supposed to be cheaper and better.

Anyone who believes that is in for a rude awakening. Nothing the Govt sticks its big fat nose in is ever cheaper or better.

Circus? That about sums it up. To bad we taxpayers are stuck footing the bills.

Fucking circus?? You bet and its full of clowns. The folks we have elected to represent us. These folks have made a damned cushy life for themselves at our expense.

They have perks most folks would kill their mothers for. All at our expense. Perks that most folks don't come close to getting.

They spend our tax dollars like money grows on a tree all the while telling us its in our best interest.

They saddled us with SS, Medicare and the ACA. The ACA they passed, the Dems that is, without even reading the damned thing. Its supposed to be cheaper and better.

Anyone who believes that is in for a rude awakening. Nothing the Govt sticks its big fat nose in is ever cheaper or better.

Circus? That about sums it up. To bad we taxpayers are stuck footing the bills.

I would not knock your opinions, but why cast aspersions on the circus? A circus is a very well run operation. Also most members of Congress are not talented enough performers to work as circus clowns. :)

Patriotic Start to the Circus

Clowns at the Circus

Forum List

Back