Help e out here

deltex1

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2012
Near the Alamo
I am having trouble sorting out the rhetoric leading up to the Iraq war and the current rhetoric regarding Syria.

Also

Degrading Assad's capability will increase the chances of anti - Assad forces, including AQ and Hezbollah, to be victorious. Is this a good idea...is this our goal?

We don't have that kind of goal. The goal is to do something to stop obama from being mocked. That's the goal.

Syria chemical weapons response poses major test for Obama - latimes.com

One U.S. official who has been briefed on the options on Syria said he believed the White House would seek a level of intensity "just muscular enough not to get mocked" but not so devastating that it would prompt a response from Syrian allies Iran and Russia.

"They are looking at what is just enough to mean something, just enough to be more than symbolic," he said.

I am having trouble sorting out the rhetoric leading up to the Iraq war and the current rhetoric regarding Syria.

Also

Degrading Assad's capability will increase the chances of anti - Assad forces, including AQ and Hezbollah, to be victorious. Is this a good idea...is this our goal?

You seem to be uinder the impression the opposition is comprised of nothing but AQ and Hezbollah.

That's pretty funny, especially considering you do not know Hezbollah is a client of the Iranian and Syrian governments, and has taken the side of the Syrian government in the civil war.

Stop listening to the voices in your head and start looking for actual facts.

Glad to help.

Last edited:
Lebanese President Michel Suleiman has called on the Shia Muslim Hezbollah movement to pull its fighters out of Syria, saying any further involvement in its neighbour's civil war would fuel instability in Lebanon.

Hezbollah armed group spearheaded the recapture of the strategic border town of Qusayr two weeks ago by forces loyal to the Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, which now appear to be preparing for an offensive in the northern city of Aleppo.

Hezbollah urged to pull out of Syria - Middle East - Al Jazeera English

Also

You seem to be uinder the impression the opposition is comprised of nothing but AQ and Hezbollah.

That's pretty funny, especially considering you do not know Hezbollah is a client of the Iranian and Syrian governments, and has taken the side of the Syrian government in the civil war.

Stop listening to the voices in your head and start looking for actual facts.

Glad to help.

Just testing you...see if you pay attention to anything but the gas from your ass...

Also

The Obama Doctrine:

"Our apparent Syria policy: 'Just muscular enough not to get mocked' "
Our apparent Syria policy: 'Just muscular enough not to get... | Kyle Wingfield | www.ajc.com

This is to replace the prior Obama Doctine:

"LEADING FROM BEHIND"

"The phrase “leading from behind,” which an Obama adviser recently used in an interview with me to describe the Administration’s approach to Libya,..."
Leading From Behind : The New Yorker

The President, is seems, has learned his policies from the Teddy Roosevelt character in 'Arsenic and Old Lace.'

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE8kOv26BuQ]CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGEEEEEEEEE - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back