Here is a car I would love to drive, would you?

Robert W

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 9, 2022
I have seen these cars. I have never known an owner. I spotted this on Youtube and believe we have car enthusiasts here who would love to watch this video. Wait for her to start it. It will rock your soul.
Do you like car videos? I can produce more.

Ugh no. The mpg is (probably) too low for just a 2 seat car without cargo space. I have been on some mountain roads where I would like sporty car handling, but I would still want much higher mpg.

1719268638460.png

I had one of these, an 80s Cavalier. 30 mpg, 4 seats, good handling, enough power for my driving. 3 doors that opened. It was a $400 beater and still the best car I ever had.
1024px-1st_Chevrolet_Cavalier_sedan.jpg

I always admired that car--pure look of class. A friend owned one in the 70s but only for a couple years. I don't know why he got rid of it.
I was enlisted in the Army when this happened. My girlfriend was flying in from Berlin to Schweinfurt Germany for a meet up with me. The officers at the base were pilots and nice beyond belief. When one of the pilots found she was coming in, he volunteered I use his new Triumph Tr4. It was a 62 or 63 and I was careful driving it. We drove all over Germany. She had lived under the Communists of East Germany and not got to travel much. Those pilots were excellent humans and treated EM fairly.

I had one of these, an 80s Cavalier. 30 mpg, 4 seats, good handling, enough power for my driving. 3 doors that opened. It was a $400 beater and still the best car I ever had.
1024px-1st_Chevrolet_Cavalier_sedan.jpg
I've been riding one of these for the past 25 years. 40+ mpg, handles great and its comfortable--they don't call them road sofas for nothing.

1719270117864.png

I have seen these cars. I have never known an owner. I spotted this on Youtube and believe we have car enthusiasts here who would love to watch this video. Wait for her to start it. It will rock your soul.
Do you like car videos? I can produce more.

Naw, owned a 1969 GTO Judge in the 80s, now looking for a 1972 GMC pickup white over blue.

For the dog.

I have worked on and driven them. Not so great when it comes to handling and braking. Noisy as hell inside.
The pedals sit way over to the right and are too close together. Getting in and out sucks.
One shop I worked at had a cannibalized rolling chassis parked in a bay for close to 3 years. Bits and pieces were sent over from the UK. A box would show up every now and then. We finished it, but IMO, it was all stolen.
I kept the chrome Pantera badge. It was real crusty.

1719277199451.jpeg

Damned good looking cars, though.

Forum List

Back