Here is Trump’s non-sensical, word salad response to a question about a policy for childcare being more affordable

Why the fuck would the federal government need to have a policy on day care?

I used to think that there were no stupid questions, but then I log onto one of these threads, and wonder how you managed to live this long without learning ANYTHING at all.

Working women account for 37% of GDP in the USA, and control nearly 2/3 of family discretionary spending. Think really fucking hard Hawk, and see if you can think of a reason why the government might consider the shortage of affordable day care for working women to be a problem.

Remember how everyone was begging people to come back to work, and the women couldn't go because the schools were still closed and the child care centres weren't open? Have you been living in your basement so long that you cannot think of any reasons why the government might find a national day care program to be of economic benefit to the country.

In a time when you have millions of jobs opening you cannot fill, and no people to fill them, opening up affordable child care spaces for women would allow more women to enter the workforce, or return to school, and reduce the need for social assistance for single parent families. More people in the work force increases the tax base, and reduces the cost of social programs. When employees have reliable day care, employers can expand their work force and increase production.

Win for the women. Win for their employers, Win for the taxpayers, and win for the children. Why wouldn't the government want to fund these programs.

We fix the cost of everything by fixing inflation.
We have to laws on the books to fix inflation. Anti monopoly laws that flat are not enforced. Bring back actual market competition that corrects its self. We don't have market competition anymore. Almost every sector is controlled by five companies or less and they price fix.

We have to laws on the books to fix inflation. Anti monopoly laws that flat are not enforced. Bring back actual market competition that corrects its self. We don't have market competition anymore. Almost every sector is controlled by five companies or less and they price fix.

This was brought home by the baby formula shortage at the end of the pandemic. There are now so few suppliers or production facilities that the loss of one plant in production, lead to near panick as shelves emptied.

This was brought home by the baby formula shortage at the end of the pandemic. There are now so few suppliers or production facilities that the loss of one plant in production, lead to near panick as shelves emptied.
I was aware of it long before that. It has become really bad. The writing on the wall was early 90s for me. Probably happened before that but this is when I became aware. I had a few vendors for my company that I became pretty friendly with. I would start the conversation before ordering with what ya got going today? Several would say just hanging around waiting to be bought out. By the late 90s they all had been.

I was aware of it long before that. It has become really bad. The writing on the wall was early 90s for me. Probably happened before that but this is when I became aware. I had a few vendors for my company that I became pretty friendly with. I would start the conversation before ordering with what ya got going today? Several would say just hanging around waiting to be bought out. By the late 90s they all had been.

The moment Reagan cut taxes and went on a deficit spending binge, the banker in me objected. And he lied about Welfare Queens. That was at the beginning of his Presidency.

He also refused to sanction the Aparteid South African government. The House and Senate passed a veto-proof bill and he had to sign it. I thought that odd at the time, because I couldn't imagine that an American President was a racist opposed racial equality. Silly me.

The moment Reagan cut taxes and went on a deficit spending binge, the banker in me objected. And he lied about Welfare Queens. That was at the beginning of his Presidency.

He also refused to sanction the Aparteid South African government. The House and Senate passed a veto-proof bill and he had to sign it. I thought that odd at the time, because I couldn't imagine that an American President was a racist opposed racial equality. Silly me.
During the Reagan administration baseball was all I did and all I thought about other than college classes. I had enough to think about on those two subjects. Make the graded and maintain my scholarship was all I had time for. Have to claim ignorance on politics at the time.I was however more aware of the rest of the world by the early 90s. It was apparent even then that competition had or was disappearing in the market place at that time.

He was asked how to make child care more affordable. What follows is nothing short of nonsense and word vomit the world has never seen from a “politician”.

“Well, I would do that, and we’re sitting down, and I was, somebody, we had Senator Marco Rubio, and my daughter Ivanka was so impactful on that issue. It’s a very important issue. But I think when you talk about the kind of numbers that I’m talking about, that, because, look, child care is child care is. It’s, couldn’t, you know, there’s something, you have to have it. In this country you have to have it.”
“But when you talk about those numbers compared to the kind of numbers that I’m talking about by taxing foreign nations at levels that they’re not used to — but they’ll get used to it very quickly – and it’s not gonna stop them from doing business with us, but they’ll have a very substantial tax when they send product into our country. Those numbers are so much bigger than any numbers that we’re talking about, including child care, that it’s going to take care.
“We’re gonna have — I, I look forward to having no deficits within a fairly short period of time, coupled with the reductions that I told you about on waste and fraud and all of the other things that are going on in our country, because I have to stay with child care. I want to stay with child care, but those numbers are small relative to the kind of economic numbers that I’m talking about, including growth, but growth also headed up by what the plan is that I just, that I just told you about.
“We’re gonna be taking in trillions of dollars, and as much as child care is talked about as being expensive, it’s relatively speaking not very expensive compared to the kind of numbers we’ll be taking in. We’re going to make this into an incredible country that can afford to take care of its people, and then we’ll worry about the rest of the world. Let’s help other people. But we’re going to take care of our country first. This is about America first. It’s about Make America Great Again. We have to do it because right now we’re a failing nation, so we’ll take care of it.”

Trump isn’t fit to run a hot dog stand let alone the presidency

Good grief. He is addled.

When will his handlers stop propping him up to embarrass himself.

You're pro KamelToe and you complain about no policy? Damn.
Typical lameass deflection. Can’t you just say “yeah Trump sounded dumb.” You obviously do not need to stop supporting him whenever you criticize him but , of course, this particular instance would be for good reason if you did. Just be an adult and admit his faults

Does anyone believe Democrats will break up the monopolies? They are bought and paid for by Big Corporations.

Why is it so hard for republicans to just be like “okay, he did sound dumb.” Do you think he sounded intelligent?

Forum List

Back