Heroic virtue of Ukrainian bishop who sheltered hundreds of Jews recognized

Yes, I was just talking about that today. The Vatican ran both sides of WWII by hiding Jews so that in case Hitler - their faithful Catholic son and enforcer - failed to accomplish a victory for them and obtain a new world order free of Jews and Protestants - they could always tell the world that they were behind the attempt to "save Jewish Lives" rather than be exposed for what they were really doing. Committing mass genocide against them - over 6 1/2 million dead because of the Roman Catholic Vatican.

As a catholic german with jewish roots I heard about. The Nazis invited priests in the concentration camp Dachau to be their guests. In Dachau was the greatest convention of priests of the catholic church the world ever had seen.

The Roman Vatican were the master minds behind WWII. The holocaust was in reality a Roman Catholic Inquisition. I just need to set the record straight for you on that, Disir. Nothing personal but as 6 1/2 million Jews cannot speak up for themselves? Someone has to set the record straight.

You would perhaps be astonished if I would say to you now "Nazi" if you would be a German. Jeremiah - what to do with you? Your intentional ignorance fills libraries.

No it doesn't but I am sure as a Catholic you'd like to believe that, Z. The truth is I already know about Catholic priests and nuns who were in the concentration camps. These were the ones that were not willing to go along with the Vatican agenda - those who were? Were enjoying life on the outside and some were guards in the camps exercising their authority and power over those who refused to sell their souls for it. It is what it is and I can tell you that to this day those who priests and nuns who attempt to expose the truth about the evil that goes on? Are put away in places where they can be examined for mental health problems - indefinitely. The RCC is as evil as it gets. Perhaps you already know it. Perhaps you don't.

The Vatican agenda was to keep the church in place instead of being tossed out of the country. Many Catholics, including bishops and other clergy, died at the hands of the nazis.

Wrong. The Vatican agenda was a New World Order without Jews or Protestants - they annihilated 6 1 /2 million Jews using their Jesuits for Nazi officers and Hitler was their faithful Roman Catholic son, Hitler said, Himmler was his Ignatius Loyola. WWII was an inquisition not a war. Wake up! They are not finished yet! This Jesuit pope has an agenda he has not begun to reveal yet! His inner circle may know but the world is clueless. Those who are in Christ are not clueless. The RCC is an Anti-Christ system. It has nothing to do with Christianity other than its quest to wipe it off the face of the earth!

And how do we wipe you from the face of the Earth?

Last edited:
Vatican City, Jul 17, 2015 / 03:12 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- On Thursday, Pope Francis authorized a decree recognizing the heroic virtue of Archbishop Andrey Sheptytsky, who was head of the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church from 1900 to 1944, and who personally protected dozens of Jews from Nazi occupiers during World War II.

The Pope's July 16 audience with the prefect of the Congregation for the Causes of Saints also recognized the heroic virtue of seven other potential saints, who will now be called 'Venerable'.

“During this time of foreign aggression against Ukraine – as well as turmoil in so many other historically Eastern Christian lands – this recognition brings particular consolation,” Fr. Peter Galadza, acting director of the Metropolitan Andrey Sheptytsky Institute of Eastern Christian Studies, stated July 17. “Archbishop Sheptytsky demonstrated saintly courage when he sheltered more than 160 Jews during the Nazi Holocaust.”

Venerable Andrey Sheptytsky was born as Roman Aleksander Maria Sheptytsky in 1865 to a polonized family of Ukrainian heritage, who were Roman Catholics. He was born in a village 30 miles from Lviv, which was then part of the Austrian Empire.

He entered the Order of St. Basil, associated with the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church, taking the name Andrey (Andrew), and was professed in 1889. In 1892, he made solemn profession and was ordained a priest.

In 1899 he was consecrated a bishop, and appointed Bishop of the Ukrainian Eparchy of Stanislaviv (now Ivano-Frankivsk). Then in 1901 he was appointed Metropolitan Archbishop of the Ukrainian Eparchy of Lviv, making him head of the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church. He maintained his position until his death on Nov. 1, 1944, at the age of 79.

His time as Metropolitan Archbishop was marked by conflict with and persecution by the successive governments that ruled Ukraine, including the Russian Empire, the Second Polish Republic, Nazi Germany, and the Soviet Union.

Under the Russian Empire, he was jailed from 1914 to 1917 for his pro-Ukrainian position and his promotion of Catholicism. The Second Polish Republic twice held him for supporting an independent Ukrainian state and for opposing Latinization.
Heroic virtue of Ukrainian bishop who sheltered hundreds of Jews recognized Catholic News Agency CNA

Here is a little more information on Sheptysky:
http://www.encyclopediaofukraine.com/display.asp?linkpath=pages\S\H\SheptytskyAndrei.htm

He was an interesting guy.

The wheels of justice move slowly, they say. Wheels of religion then move what? Ever wonder why it takes so long for this kind of thing? This was about 70 years ago. Only being recognized now?

Vatican City, Jul 17, 2015 / 03:12 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- On Thursday, Pope Francis authorized a decree recognizing the heroic virtue of Archbishop Andrey Sheptytsky, who was head of the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church from 1900 to 1944, and who personally protected dozens of Jews from Nazi occupiers during World War II.

The Pope's July 16 audience with the prefect of the Congregation for the Causes of Saints also recognized the heroic virtue of seven other potential saints, who will now be called 'Venerable'.

“During this time of foreign aggression against Ukraine – as well as turmoil in so many other historically Eastern Christian lands – this recognition brings particular consolation,” Fr. Peter Galadza, acting director of the Metropolitan Andrey Sheptytsky Institute of Eastern Christian Studies, stated July 17. “Archbishop Sheptytsky demonstrated saintly courage when he sheltered more than 160 Jews during the Nazi Holocaust.”

Venerable Andrey Sheptytsky was born as Roman Aleksander Maria Sheptytsky in 1865 to a polonized family of Ukrainian heritage, who were Roman Catholics. He was born in a village 30 miles from Lviv, which was then part of the Austrian Empire.

He entered the Order of St. Basil, associated with the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church, taking the name Andrey (Andrew), and was professed in 1889. In 1892, he made solemn profession and was ordained a priest.

In 1899 he was consecrated a bishop, and appointed Bishop of the Ukrainian Eparchy of Stanislaviv (now Ivano-Frankivsk). Then in 1901 he was appointed Metropolitan Archbishop of the Ukrainian Eparchy of Lviv, making him head of the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church. He maintained his position until his death on Nov. 1, 1944, at the age of 79.

His time as Metropolitan Archbishop was marked by conflict with and persecution by the successive governments that ruled Ukraine, including the Russian Empire, the Second Polish Republic, Nazi Germany, and the Soviet Union.

Under the Russian Empire, he was jailed from 1914 to 1917 for his pro-Ukrainian position and his promotion of Catholicism. The Second Polish Republic twice held him for supporting an independent Ukrainian state and for opposing Latinization.
Heroic virtue of Ukrainian bishop who sheltered hundreds of Jews recognized Catholic News Agency CNA

Here is a little more information on Sheptysky:
http://www.encyclopediaofukraine.com/display.asp?linkpath=pages\S\H\SheptytskyAndrei.htm

He was an interesting guy.

The wheels of justice move slowly, they say. Wheels of religion then move what? Ever wonder why it takes so long for this kind of thing? This was about 70 years ago. Only being recognized now?

He was recognized in the area. Just like Latin America. It's there but people don't really have an interest.

Incidentally that's why I find this second half of the synod so intriguing. There are a plethora of views that are brought to the front that aren't necessarily even acknowledged simply because most of us live in the US.

You may find it funny, Jake, but I find it to be the most vile, evil acts ever committed by an organization "pretending to be a church". The Roman Catholic Institution has more blood on its hands than any other organization on earth and I believe they are just warming up for their "next Inquisition" which will be the mother of all Inquisitions!

In one day of the french revolution for example were more people executed than in 500 years were executed from the inquisition.

I do not trust this pope

Astonishing. You would trust a pope if it would not be this pope.

and I cannot express my concern strongly enough for the Jews and people in Israel he hopes to win over. They should not let their guard down under any circumstances!!!

A Jew who trusts in Christians is an idiot - a Jew who trusts in Muslims is an idiot - a Jew who trusts in Atheists is an idiot - a Jew who trusts in others is an idiot - even a Jew who trusts in Jews is an idiot and a Jew who trusts in no one is a worse idiot too. There are not many trustful antiidiotically ways for Jews, except maybe to become a nobel price winner or something like this.

The Vatican does nothing without an agenda.

So what? The Vatican is doing nothing with an agenda too.

Why this story at this particular time? Because they want to cause the Jews to believe they are "their friends" - "their protectors"! They should no more trust this Vatican or its pope than they would Hitler were he alive today. It is insanity to trust these people after all that has been done. Nothing has changed. Absolutely nothing.

Yea - don't trust me, antibrother. I could nail nails in your bed and execute you because you converted to be a fakir. And don't forget: I'm a German: I think what I say and say what I think - or not - completly independent how idiotic it is. What about if you would start to try to find out on your own what's true and fake in this world here?

Wrong. I do not trust any Pope - you people had a success of 80 popes (if I recall the number correctly) which one after another came up with more monstrous ways to torture Protestants, Jews, and non believers in order to force them into Catholicism. It went on for over 605 years! 605 years of the Inquisitions - hell on earth - because of the Roman Catholic Institution who wanted to play God. How can you remain in such a cult? You need to get out of there or you'll be in hell one day!

I don't believe a bit of that. And the Inquisition was the STATE using the church to justify oppression...not the other way around.

Forum List

Back