Hillary's all powerful hand of Justice removes Debbie Wasserman Shultz

I believe this was one of Bernie's request, when he met with Clinton yesterday...at least it is what I saw on the news last night when one of the stations was interviewing Debbie W and asked her if she would resign...he probably also has given a suggestion on who Hillary should pick.

Clinton is the head of the DNC as the nominee, but she is just presumptive nominee so I don't believe she could remove Debbie right now before the convention, without Obama's consent...? that's just speculating on my part, I have no inside information....AND I have not read the link yet.

Neither Clinton nor Obama could officially remove DWS as DNC Chair - only the DNC Chair committee can do that. Both of them probably have the cachet to get the process started, though - although I don't think they have.

DWS is still (on paper) the DNC Chair, but the presumptive Presidential nominee's campaign always takes over around this point in the cycle.

This is SOP. The Presidential nominee takes control of the party.

Debbie Wasserman-Schultz is still the nominal "Chair" of the DNC, but Clinton's team is actually in control. This is no different from 2008, or 2000, or any other transition year.
Obama took over before Hillary conceded or any votes at the convention happened?

I don't remember when exactly Hilary "conceded", but of course Obama's team took over before the convention.

They're the ones who designed the convention and planned the convention schedule.
That sounds right to me. I forgot about that aspect of the post-Primaries

The Conventions haven't actually had anything to do with picking the candidate since the 70s.

At this point, they're basically just 3-hour political ads. It's in the best interests of the party to let the candidate's campaign control that ad.

I believe this was one of Bernie's request, when he met with Clinton yesterday...at least it is what I saw on the news last night when one of the stations was interviewing Debbie W and asked her if she would resign...he probably also has given a suggestion on who Hillary should pick.

Clinton is the head of the DNC as the nominee, but she is just presumptive nominee so I don't believe she could remove Debbie right now before the convention, without Obama's consent...? that's just speculating on my part, I have no inside information....AND I have not read the link yet.

Neither Clinton nor Obama could officially remove DWS as DNC Chair - only the DNC Chair committee can do that. Both of them probably have the cachet to get the process started, though - although I don't think they have.

DWS is still (on paper) the DNC Chair, but the presumptive Presidential nominee's campaign always takes over around this point in the cycle.

She is a hard worker and they can't just throw her overboard without a life-preserver! :banana: :beer::blues:

Forum List

Back