Hillary's bad judgement on Iraq

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
"Bernie said that Hillary Clinton has bad judgment," Trump said. "If you look at the war in Iraq, look at what she did with Libya, a total catastrophe."

TO THE TAPES!!!

Trump supported invading Iraq in 2002

“Are you for invading Iraq?” Stern asked.

Yeah, I guess so,” Trump responded. “I wish the first time it was done correctly.”

At Saturday's GOP debate, Trump claimed he opposed invading Iraq in the run-up to the 2003 war.

"I’m the only one on this stage that said, 'Do not go into Iraq. Do not attack Iraq.' Nobody else on this stage said that," Trump said. "And I said it loud and strong. And I was in the private sector. I wasn’t a politician, fortunately. But I said it, and I said it loud and clear, 'You’ll destabilize the Middle East.' That’s exactly what happened."

Read more: Trump supported invading Iraq in 2002
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

Question: Did Trump Support the war before it began or was he telling everyone that it was a bad idea?

Donald the Hawk: "I wish the first time it was done correctly."

Donald the Sheehan: "Impeach Bush!"

Every huckster is an ace at reading the crowd's mood of the moment.

1776, Donald the Tory: Long live the King!

1783, Donald the Patriot: George Washington for King!

1999, Donald the Liberal: I'm very pro-choice.

2016, Donald the Republican: Women should be punished for getting an abortion.

Hillary the Flip: I support all these trade agreements.

Hillary the Flop: I oppose all these trade agreements.

Hillary the Triangulator: I support and oppose all these trade agreements, depending on who this crowd is.

"Bernie said that Hillary Clinton has bad judgment," Trump said. "If you look at the war in Iraq, look at what she did with Libya, a total catastrophe."

TO THE TAPES!!!

Yeah, I guess so,” Trump responded. “I wish the first time it was done correctly.”

At Saturday's GOP debate, Trump claimed he opposed invading Iraq in the run-up to the 2003 war.

"I’m the only one on this stage that said, 'Do not go into Iraq. Do not attack Iraq.' Nobody else on this stage said that," Trump said. "And I said it loud and strong. And I was in the private sector. I wasn’t a politician, fortunately. But I said it, and I said it loud and clear, 'You’ll destabilize the Middle East.' That’s exactly what happened."

Question: Did Trump Support the war before it began or was he telling everyone that it was a bad idea?
Why the deflection from Hillary's bad judgement to a private citizen who was not in a position to deny Bush congressional authorization to invade Iraq? Hillary has to own that decision.

Hillary the Moderate: I believe marriage is between a man and a woman, but gays should be able to get a civil union. You know, "separate but equal", y'all!

Hillary the Champion: I believe gay men should be able to marry gay women and both of them use the same bathroom! Or something...

TO THE TAPES!!!

Why the deflection from Hillary's bad judgement to a private citizen who was not in a position to deny Bush congressional authorization to invade Iraq? Hillary has to own that decision.
A private citizen whose judgment is also in play now.

The disturbing thing about Trump is that he's a perfect reflection and embodiment of the incoherence, ignorance, blindly jingoistic, fearful and anxious, reactionary, dysfunctional and hysterical segment of the population. The sad bit for them is, he’s totally incapable of delivering on their fantasies.

And then on the other hand our oligarchs have offered us Hilary. Oh the sheer joy. America will get the president Wall Street and the "job creator" class allow.

Donald the Schizo: Bush should be impeached for invading Iraq.

Donald the Schizo: I am going to invade Iraq for the oil profits!

Hillary the Mashed Potato Circuit Speaker: It's nice to be here at Goldman Sachs. Thank you. Thank you. That will be two hundred and eleventy-thousand dollars, please.

Hillary the Watchdog: I'm going to punish Wall Street for making excess profits!

context matters to those of us who remember.

diagram

H.J.Res. 114 (107th): Authorization for Use of Military Force Against ... -- Senate Vote #237 -- Oct 11, 2002

Clinton defends her Iraq War vote

United States Senate election in New York, 2000 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hillary the Downtrodden: We were so broke we had to get DNC Chairman Terry McAuliffe to co-sign a $1.3 million loan so we could buy a house in the slums of New York so I could make a carpetbagger run for Senator.

Donald the Republican Nominee: I not only donated to all of Hillary's campaigns, so did my entire family. And I funded Terry McCauliffe's campaign for Virginia governor. This proves I am not a Republican Establishment insider like all those losers like Cruz and Rubio and Jeb.

TO THE TAPES!!!

Who cast their vote for the war? Clinton or trump?

TO THE TAPES!!!

Who cast their vote for the war? Clinton or trump?
They both supported the war.

And then they both opposed it.

But let's look forward, shall we? That's what really matters.

Trump has said he will invade Iraq again. For oil profits.

Has Hillary said she will invade Iraq again?

The vote for authorization was, imo, the correct thing to do. We had little idea whether Saddam had biological, chemical or really a nuclear program. I think we knew he had no nuke program to speak of because we had sat pictures. But at any rate, after 9-11, inspections were not optional. But AFTER the authorization, Saddam knew he had no options, and the inspectors went in. At that point, it was a race for W to invade before his smokescreen of lies of WOMD blew away.

Hillary's problem is that she lacked the leadership in the spring of 03 to really, loudly, speak out against the invasion.

The Donald .... well he's not only a lying fock but he also has no clue

The vote for authorization was, imo, the correct thing to do. We had little idea whether Saddam had biological, chemical or really a nuclear program. I think we knew he had no nuke program to speak of because we had sat pictures. But at any rate, after 9-11, inspections were not optional. But AFTER the authorization, Saddam knew he had no options, and the inspectors went in. At that point, it was a race for W to invade before his smokescreen of lies of WOMD blew away.

Hillary's problem is that she lacked the leadership in the spring of 03 to really, loudly, speak out against the invasion.

What would be the point of speaking out against the invasion after having voted to authorize it?

What would be the point of speaking out against the invasion after having voted to authorize it?

Perhaps you should research what the authorization for force said.

Forum List

Back