Holder: REPEAL 100 y/o SYG Laws

Well, of course it is. But, hey, a guy's gotta live! I just find it very troubling that our government can set up a 'tip line' involving an individual citizen. Crime Stopper lines have been invaluable, but it this is kosher, then they can just pull a name out of the air and set up a tip line about that individual.

[MENTION=21954]Sunshine[/MENTION]

I want to shout BILL OF ATTAINDER but it is not there.

Well, of course it is. But, hey, a guy's gotta live! I just find it very troubling that our government can set up a 'tip line' involving an individual citizen. Crime Stopper lines have been invaluable, but it this is kosher, then they can just pull a name out of the air and set up a tip line about that individual.

[MENTION=21954]Sunshine[/MENTION]

I want to shout BILL OF ATTAINDER but it is not there.

[MENTION=43021]legaleagle_45[/MENTION]

The Great Act of Attainder[edit]

In 1688, the English King James II (James VII of Scotland), driven off by the ascent of William and Mary in the Glorious Revolution, came to Ireland with the sole purpose of reclaiming his throne. After his arrival, the Parliament of Ireland assembled a list of names in 1689 of those reported to have been disloyal to him, eventually tallying between two and three thousand in a bill of attainder. Those on the list were to report to Dublin for sentencing. One man, Lord Mountjoy, was in the Bastille at the time and was told by the Irish Parliament that he must break out of his cell and make it back to Ireland for his punishment, or face the grisly process of being drawn and quartered.[4] The parliament became known in the 1800s as the "Patriot Parliament".

Bill of attainder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It feels more feudal than it ever has in my lifetime, in my not so humble opinion. I always look for the name of one frequently logged in but who doesn't ever post. ;)

Well, I just went over the letter to my congressman for the final edit and sent it off via email. I have addressed all the issues I have with this case, with the tabloid media altering evidence & publishing personal information, the 4th amendment in particular, and this witch hunt in general. Now, I wait for the response. Even though my congressman is a cousin (aren't they all in KY), I never really know which wind his responses will blow in.

SS

Forum List

Back