Homeowner sees strangers as trespassers. Not Law & Justice or 2nd Amendment Forums: “Oh s---, my gun went off, I want to speak with my lawyer."

Procrustes Stretched

"intuition and imagination and intelligence"
Dec 1, 2008
“Oh s---, my gun went off, I want to speak with my lawyer."

A homeowner saw strangers on her property. She assumed they were trespassers. She called LE and her boyfriend who is a local government official. Boyfriend got to scene first. Shot an innocent young man, a teenager in the face.

This to me is what happens when people who fear everyone and everything, who see others as a danger, who have a horrible view of the world are armed and act before they can possibly know information about what is happening, why, how...

snippets:

Around 3:30 p.m. Tuesday in Littleton, Colo., the teenager who would end up getting shot picked up another boy from Dakota Ridge High School in his white Audi S4, Jefferson County sheriff’s deputy Caleb Harman wrote in a sworn affidavit for Metz’s arrest. The two have known each other since they were children since their parents are good friends.

The teens drove to the idyllic Ken-Caryl Ranch before heading southwest up Deer Creek Canyon...There they saw a house with a lake and a dock that caught their eye and decided to ask the homeowner for permission to take pictures near the lake.

The boys...walked up the driveway to the house to knock on the door and, when there was no answer, returned back down the driveway to the car, Harman said...one got ...a piece of paper from a notebook and write a note to the homeowner pleading their case, he added.

What the boys didn’t know was that even though nobody was home, the property owner had called Jefferson County emergency communications and her boyfriend to report them as trespassers, and both Metz and deputies were on their way, authorities said.

Harman arrived at the property at 4:28 p.m. to find one of the boys was “bleeding heavily from his face and had blood running down his arm.” One of the boys told him that Metz had fired the gun, and when Harman checked with Metz, he didn’t answer, saying he wanted to speak with his lawyer...

Metz and his lawyer did not immediately respond Friday to requests for comment from The Washington Post.

The teen survived and has been released from the hospital.

Shit!

Metz was elected to the Mountain View town council in 2023. While campaigning, he filled out a Ballotpedia candidate survey telling people about his past and his vision for Mountain View, an enclave of about 550 people nestled in 60 acres and surrounded by the city of Denver.

“Public safety is absolutely important to me,” he wrote in the survey, “and I have a no nonsense outlook to behavior that will harm our residents as well as my family.”

wtf?

A homeowner saw strangers on her property. She assumed they were trespassers. She called LE and her boyfriend who is a local government official. Boyfriend got to scene first. Shot an innocent young man, a teenager in the face.

This to me is what happens when people who fear everyone and everything, who see others as a danger, who have a horrible view of the world are armed and act before they can possibly know information about what is happening, why, how...

snippets:

Around 3:30 p.m. Tuesday in Littleton, Colo., the teenager who would end up getting shot picked up another boy from Dakota Ridge High School in his white Audi S4, Jefferson County sheriff’s deputy Caleb Harman wrote in a sworn affidavit for Metz’s arrest. The two have known each other since they were children since their parents are good friends.

The teens drove to the idyllic Ken-Caryl Ranch before heading southwest up Deer Creek Canyon...There they saw a house with a lake and a dock that caught their eye and decided to ask the homeowner for permission to take pictures near the lake.

The boys...walked up the driveway to the house to knock on the door and, when there was no answer, returned back down the driveway to the car, Harman said...one got ...a piece of paper from a notebook and write a note to the homeowner pleading their case, he added.

What the boys didn’t know was that even though nobody was home, the property owner had called Jefferson County emergency communications and her boyfriend to report them as trespassers, and both Metz and deputies were on their way, authorities said.

Harman arrived at the property at 4:28 p.m. to find one of the boys was “bleeding heavily from his face and had blood running down his arm.” One of the boys told him that Metz had fired the gun, and when Harman checked with Metz, he didn’t answer, saying he wanted to speak with his lawyer...

Metz and his lawyer did not immediately respond Friday to requests for comment from The Washington Post.

The teen survived and has been released from the hospital.

These narratives of atrocities are increasingly preposterous

I didn't read anything about a fence in that story.

One of the teens picked up the other at Dakota Ridge High School near Littleton on Tuesday afternoon. The long-time friends left school with a mission to find a picturesque site for homecoming photos, beginning in Ken Caryl Valley and then going up Deer Creek Canyon. When they spotted the home on Pleasant Park Road with a lake and a dock, they decided to hop the fence and ask the homeowner for permission to return the night of the homecoming dance to take photos.

I didn't read anything about a fence in that story.
they jumped the fence and when no one answered they explored the property. Then returned to the car to write a note asking for permission to use the property.

Hardly worth the cops and definitely not something to be shot over. The councilman is in big trouble rightly so.

The teens didn't live there and didn't have permission to be there, they WERE trespassing. Must liberal trash paint everything falsely?

How long were the men on the property? Sounds like it was longer than needed to knock on a door realize no one was home and leave.

One of the teens picked up the other at Dakota Ridge High School near Littleton on Tuesday afternoon. The long-time friends left school with a mission to find a picturesque site for homecoming photos, beginning in Ken Caryl Valley and then going up Deer Creek Canyon. When they spotted the home on Pleasant Park Road with a lake and a dock, they decided to hop the fence and ask the homeowner for permission to return the night of the homecoming dance to take photos.
Ah, okay.

Forum List

Back