Homosexuality: Some natural and some unnatural?

Is homosexuality natural or unnatural and can it be healed?

• All homosexuality is unnatural on some level

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Some may be natural, some may be unnatural

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • No one's orientation is their free choice, they are born that way

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Homosexuality can be changed by healing the root cause

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • No cases of healing homosexuality are valid

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Other or It depends (please specify)

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
so is a 2 headed snake or a 5 legged goat. it is a genetic mutation that is a weakness not a condition that insures the survival of the species . some people are born with no legs ..it is sometimes caused naturally but on average is very rare or the human race would not survive as a whole .i am not saying that these people are not deserving of all the rights that everybody else does but it is not something that is desirable on a large scale .homosexuality is a mental disorder and if all humans suffered from it the human race would go extinct.
First off, we don't know if it's genetic or not. Second off, the APA disregarded homosexuality as being a mental disorder in the 1970s. Homosexuality does not hinder one's perception of reality (or humanity's definition of reality). Therefore, it is not a mental disorder.

It is a sexual disorder, at least in terms of nature.

Looking at the numbers in the US, gay males account for over half the AIDS and STD cases even though they only account for about 5% of the population.

It sure looks unhealthy to me.

Where do you get your information because those numbers seem to be more likely from the 1980s than anything current. Either way, though. homosexual males (or really males in general) tend to be rather sexually promiscuous, If anything, those numbers have more to do with their number of partners than homosexuality itself.

Last edited:
No cases of healing homosexuality are valid. What happened was a young boy was coerced into a homosexual relationship and convinced that he was homosexual when he was never homosexual. As he grew older the man developed a very normal attraction to women. Now he's healed.

We don't know for sure what causes sexuality. So... we can't really form a valid opinion on the matter yet.

However, I can tell you that sexuality is not a conscious decision, and that homosexual behavior does occur among many different species of animals.

Now whether or not it's hormonal, genetic, or whatever is still unclear.

Sexuality is a preference. And it's a preference that's as dynamic and fickle as the Monkeys who act on it, or not...

I'm actually fairly picky in my preferences... I'm not sexually attracted to every female Monkey and few and far between are the male Monkeys I find pretty enough to ogle.

At least I'm Monkey enough to admit that I like what I like.

The more restrictions a Monkey has to put on his preferences, the more a Monkey is governed. :beer: Viva la Libertarian!
Now, if a Monkey chooses to put arbitrary restrictions on his personal preferences, that's his loss. Life is short.

I think 99%of the time it's the way the person was born. Occasionally when a person goes to extremes and starts having surgery for a sex change, I wonder if it's not more mental illness related. Kinda like those people who have plastic surgery after plastic surgery because they will never be happy with the way they look. There is a deeper underlying cause to unhappiness.

History tells us otherwise.

In ancient Greece and Sparta it was culturally accpeted and widely practiced......unless you think there to be a rampant "gay gene" amongst these races.

I hadn't thought of that, but that's more evidence of it being a simple preference, driven by current popular culture and fickle Monkey appetites.

First off, we don't know if it's genetic or not. Second off, the APA disregarded homosexuality as being a mental disorder in the 1970s. Homosexuality does not hinder one's perception of reality (or humanity's definition of reality). Therefore, it is not a mental disorder.

It is a sexual disorder, at least in terms of nature.

Looking at the numbers in the US, gay males account for over half the AIDS and STD cases even though they only account for about 5% of the population.

It sure looks unhealthy to me.

Where do you get your information because those numbers seem to be more likely from the 1980s than anything current. Either way, though. homosexual males (or really males in general) tend to be rather sexually promiscuous, If anything, those numbers have more to do with their number of partners than homosexuality itself.

You must be kidding. How about from the CDC?

HIV among Gay and Bisexual Men | Topics | CDC HIV/AIDS

It was even worse than I presented it. Gay males from 2008 to 2010 account for only 2% of the population, but account for 63% of newly diagnosed HIV infections.

I usually hear about someone being gay after they make it known they are now HIV positive.

I think 99%of the time it's the way the person was born. Occasionally when a person goes to extremes and starts having surgery for a sex change, I wonder if it's not more mental illness related. Kinda like those people who have plastic surgery after plastic surgery because they will never be happy with the way they look. There is a deeper underlying cause to unhappiness.

In ancient Greece and Sparta it was culturally accpeted and widely practiced......unless you think there to be a rampant "gay gene" amongst these races.

I hadn't thought of that, but that's more evidence of it being a simple preference, driven by current popular culture and fickle Monkey appetites.

There is no question about it. However, I don't discount some who are inclined that direction. By in large I view it to be a disorder that effects a very small percentage of the population. Unfortunately, it has been proven to extend to the rest of society via cultural norms. This is why the whole gay movement is so insidious. As I have shown, the gay lifestyle is like playing Russian roulette.

Just because we have a monkey's appetite does not mean we should act like them nor celebrate them within society.

$monkey pees.jpg

It occurs in nature, therefore it must be natural. However, it is a deviant behavior which is naturally limited by the inability to reproduce.

Just because we have a monkey's appetite does not mean we should act like them nor celebrate them within society.

View attachment 25347

True dat.

If every monkey could control their appetites, zoos would be boring....

If every Monkey could control their appetites, government would be unnecessary.

Homosexual behavior has been documented in several thousand species of animals. I think it's safe to say it's a natural phenomenon.

So you're going to use irrational animal behavior to measure what is morally acceptable behavior for rational man.

Using that logic, filicide and cannibalism is a natural course of action for humans.

You do know that animal cognition is purely sensorial, limited to sound, odor, touch, taste and image. They lack the precision and clarity of human intellectual perception. Therefore they frequently confuse one sensation with another or one object with another. A dog humping your leg, does that mean beastiality is normal and natural?

People do not choose their sexuality, and homosexuality cannot be cured, no matter what the people from NARTH claim.

People do not choose their sex. They do choose what they intend to do with it or not do with it.

People who report being healed of their sexual addictions caused by abuse (whether this manifested as heterosexual or homosexual)
did NOT choose that abuse either and did NOT choose to suffer.
But these people who did heal, did so through forgiveness therapy
that not only healed the symptoms but the root event that started the whole chain.
Sometimes it happens within this lifetime, the abuse that starts the pattern or cycle.
Sometimes it is traced to karma/generational things that happened before the
person was born, thus they were born with the conditions.
Likewise with cases of cancer cured by healing prayer, some came from
conditions like smoking introduced later; some were born with cancerous genes
or conditions; some cases are still cured even if they were genetic, some are
not even if they were caused by factors that occurred later; it depends on the case.

Some cases the people live their whole lives and do not change.
But this is totally different from people born with the conditions who did
realize it was not natural for them and were able to heal and change that.
Some pray and it does not change, you are right.

We need to let people have their own path and process and not dictate it for them.
People have wanted to commit suicide when they tried to change and it did not work.
So we need to be very careful and let the people work with their own path and process Unconditionally
which will heal any anxiety or unhappiness, REGARDLESS if this changes or that doesn't change.

We need to accept them, either way, or we cause great harm and suffering that doesn't solve the problems but make them worse.

Not try to make it all the same for each person, which it isn't. In a study done on spiritual healing on
Rheumatoid Arthritis, one patient was healed 100% where it was clearly the result of the team prayer,
while others showed no change or effect; nobody chose to suffer from RA, and the
degrees to which the symptoms were reduced or eliminated varied for each person.

People on both sides of the issues are guilty of pushing this way for one viewpoint that excludes people it does not apply to.
Well meaning people who see this, often push their views even harder, and this causes opponents to backlash more, and it does not help either.
The more we fight it blocks the formation of trusting communications needed for progress, we can end up hurting the very people we are trying to help.
It helps to have more compassion if we are going to hear each other, and listen to others as we wish them to listen to what they're missing also.
We can't hear each other if we are both yelling above the fray.

As more advocates realize there is validity on both sides, and
cases that don't fit just one category, we can stop the judging
and promote healing and forgiveness that is going to help
people regardless of what is going on with people. We can
at least heal that part of the suffering by embracing and
including all people from all views unconditionally and quit judging who is wrong.

Last edited:
Homosexual behavior has been documented in several thousand species of animals. I think it's safe to say it's a natural phenomenon.
so is a 2 headed snake or a 5 legged goat. it is a genetic mutation that is a weakness not a condition that insures the survival of the species . some people are born with no legs ..it is sometimes caused naturally but on average is very rare or the human race would not survive as a whole .i am not saying that these people are not deserving of all the rights that everybody else does but it is not something that is desirable on a large scale .homosexuality is a mental disorder and if all humans suffered from it the human race would go extinct.
i disagree !! abnormal sexual behavior like homo sexuality is a mental disorder .natures laws dictate that sex between a male and female is natural and desired for the survival of the species . sexual desire comes from the brain any deviance from the norm is a defect ......not that i am trying to equate the two but people that are sexually attracted to children have a mental disorder also.

Last edited:
I accepted that people are genetically predisposed to certain behaviors and physical traits long ago. Why would sexual behavior be any different?

It would seem that, along with 100% of all other social issues, this question must be quantified into political, and religious, contexts. But like many "human" issues, real life sometimes defies such quantifying. I don't believe in absolutes when it comes to human behavior.

Sexual behavior can be influenced by genetic predisposition, and it can be influenced by environmental factors. Why is this so difficult to accept? Oh, because there are political agendas to further. Sorry. What was I thinking?

Forum List

Back