Hope For America

Thank God.

Corporations own both parties. If additional parties can gain critical mass, parties will become too expensive to buy and both white trash and human potential enthusiasts can be marginalized into "special politics" areas (think, "special ed"), then the rest of us can move America forward to a better place than current parties will allow.

Last edited:
Thank God.

Corporations own both parties. If more parties gain critical mass, parties will become too expensive to buy and both white trash and human potential enthusiasts can be marginalized into "special politics" areas (think, "special ed"), then the rest of us can move America forward to a better place than current parties will allow.

It's a process that's been building, moving forward and continues to do so. On a more domestic level, since many people don't really understand much about politics and government, I think the advent of hate radio and TV, the advent of MSNBC and FOX is playing a large role in turning people away. Since reading is almost a thing of the past, I don't credit columnist much, but they do play a minor role in turning people away from party politics.

And that's not even mentioning the obvious ineptitude of recent presidents and congress and the damage they've done to people's faith in the usefullness of being party affiliated. Who wants to associate with abject failures and while collar criminals?

It will be interesting to see where it goes. But if you figure, as I have read, that both parties are now in the MINORITY of voters, and shrinking year by year, it could be closer than we think.

Last edited:
the other pillar to party politics, the church (sex scandal) is likewise a contributing factor causing the disenfranchised electorate.

the other pillar to party politics, the church (sex scandal) is likewise a contributing factor causing the disenfranchised electorate.

Yea, I would say there are many factors, some playing more so of a role, but I would think you're right to an extent. I, for one, spent a lot of time finally finding a church where I felt like I was at CHURCH, not in the guest audience of a Sunday news program and having to listen to some $4.95 "minister" rave on about politics during the sermon.

Interestingly, I landed in the biggest Lutheran church in our city. Our head pastor NEVER discusses politics - none of them do - and the irony is that he has a masters degree in Foreign Policy he got before attending the Lutheran Seminary. He's a highly intelligent man and a good man, a rare combination. But even the pastors below him will not get into politics - they keep the main thing the main thing.

So what you're probably saying too is that these churches with so-called "pastors" who want to use their pulpit and congregations for political activist activities are turning people away from party politics also. I've seen it with me and others.

It would be much happier news if those Independents also had some party or parties they could buy into.

I can't find one.

The problem is that the candidates have not shunned parties. So while I may not associate myself with any given party, I am still faced with a decision between a republican or a democrat.

The problem is that the candidates have not shunned parties. So while I may not associate myself with any given party, I am still faced with a decision between a republican or a democrat.

That's the tragedy that hopefully will be corrected, even if only with a 3rd party of real Americans.

That's the tragedy that hopefully will be corrected, even if only with a 3rd party of real Americans.

I don't see it happening. If we were a parlimentary form of government, then yes. But, as it stands, extremely unlikely.

Any viable third party would have to be centrist in nature. It is unlikely that would garner much support. We already have parties on the friges - CPUSA, Libertarian, Green, etc. They rarely make it as high as 1% or 2%.

I don't see it happening. If we were a parlimentary form of government, then yes. But, as it stands, extremely unlikely.

Any viable third party would have to be centrist in nature. It is unlikely that would garner much support. We already have parties on the friges - CPUSA, Libertarian, Green, etc. They rarely make it as high as 1% or 2%.

I see what you are saying but "fringes" is the key word there. See, when the Republican and Democratic parties shrink to their projected 20% of registered voters each, that makes a total of 40% between them. That's 60% left!!!! Say 10% stick with the Libertairans, Greens, etc, that still leaves 50%. I admit those are rough figures but there's a reason so many people are unaffiliated - I think it's because they feel unrepresented, and rightfully so, because they ARE.

I think most in this 50% could give a rat's ass about anything other than what's best for America, are compromising by nature and have a lot of sense.

There is no hope for a unified America. Stick a fork in that turkey, cause it's done. There is hope for a tribalized nation however.

And as an independent you have no say in the primaries, in a lot of states.

And as an independent you have no say in the primaries, in a lot of states.

Right, and that's tragic. Big money actually makes the choices you get to vote between, both bribed and bought off. Some choice, hey?

Well, political partys and "deomcratically elected representative government, will hopefully become a thing of the past in favor of actual self governance. But that would fuck with the power elite, so it will never be allowed as long as voters remain low on information and high on hope and change.

Forum List

Back