Horizon: An American Saga (2024) HBOMax

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
The ambitious Costner movie arrived at HBO Max this weekend.
Filled with not so much big time actors, but a plethora of recognizable actors.
It is long 3:02 - and it feels it.
The movie lacks any direction, it is all over the place. With 4 story lines going at once, with only 2 as being something that is interesting. A good part of the movie you will have no idea what is going on. Because they don't tell you.
We did watch the entire movie, so I will give it that. There are parts that are quite good, but it is surrounded by confusion, lack of story cohesion.

Honestly - I would skip it.

The movie lacks any direction, it is all over the place. With 4 story lines going at once, with only 2 as being something that is interesting. A good part of the movie you will have no idea what is going on. Because they don't tell you.
We did watch the entire movie, so I will give it that. There are parts that are quite good, but it is surrounded by confusion, lack of story cohesion.

I've skipped every Costner movie since The Bodyguard.

He and Cruise have egos I just can't put up with,

Good assessment .. it was very long and lacked cohesion and context. My guess is to draw the viewership into the second chapter to bridge those gaps. I'd rate this move a 2-ish out of 5 stars.

Costner so obviously is desperate to make an epic movie, instead of concentrating on making a good movie.
This could have been good, it had the ingredients and story line.
But it lacked a good screen writer, severely lacks editing and direction.
I think the man made it over 3 hours because he wanted it to be 3 hours.

Forum List

Back