House Democrats to Wilson: Apologize or Face Censure

He should apologize for breaking Robert's Rules of Order. They all are supposed to abide by that in Congress. It has nothing to do with what he said but how he went about it.

he should tell the dimwitcrats to fuck off and die

He should be censured. Let him take it like a man, he's so brave shouting out at the president during his address. Stop whining, he has it coming.

He did have a scared look on his face when he was apologizing. Minority groups in South Carolina are after him and we all know what happened to Bill Clinton there during the primaries.

Wilson could be drummed out of office over this. You can't just trash the president during his address. There must be some consequence.

He should be censured. Let him take it like a man, he's so brave shouting out at the president during his address. Stop whining, he has it coming.

He did have a scared look on his face when he was apologizing. Minority groups in South Carolina are after him and we all know what happened to Bill Clinton there during the primaries.

Wilson could be drummed out of office over this. You can't just trash the president during his address. There must be some consequence.

he should be ignored... like the other jerks... let his own constituents sort out whether they want to be represented by a moron...

he shouldn't get one more minute of free publicity...none of the nutjobs should.

Threats of censure for speaking the truth, is bogus as well. Screw political correctness. How about telling it like it is regardless of circumstance? The political whores makes me sick.

I said in another thread, we need to go to what the British Parliament does and forget decorum. Let congressmen boo and hiss at speech they disagree with, allow someone to cry "bullshit" at any moment while a fellow congressman is talking, and let addresses be frequently interrupted by political opponents.

Don't think they are allowed to do that.

he should be ignored... like the other jerks... let his own constituents sort out whether they want to be represented by a moron...

he shouldn't get one more minute of free publicity...none of the nutjobs should.

The Democrats are saying that too but the media is finding it impossible to stop talking about him.

There is a consequence. While there is plenty of backing and forthing in regular sessions and committees and in the Capitol in general at any given time, raucous behavior is not de rigeur for speeches given in joint sessions. There are protocols. Landing one's self in the House does come with a bit of homework. It helps if you aren't totally lacking in the social graces. But it seems a large contingent of the country has just that problem. They don't know any better and assume poor Joe was just exercising in acceptable behavior. But you can tell from the pictures that the reps sitting next to him wanted to disappear into their seats.

There is a consequence. While there is plenty of backing and forthing in regular sessions and committees and in the Capitol in general at any given time, raucous behavior is not de rigeur for speeches given in joint sessions. There are protocols. Landing one's self in the House does come with a bit of homework. It helps if you aren't totally lacking in the social graces. But it seems a large contingent of the country has just that problem. They don't know any better and assume poor Joe was just exercising in acceptable behavior. But you can tell from the pictures that the reps sitting next to him wanted to disappear into their seats.

I know! :lol:

They were like scooting in their chairs so they could be as far away from him as possible and looking right at him so nobody would think it was them.

And I ask you, what should have happened to the Democrats that openly BOOED a President while he gave a State of the UNION speech?

And I ask you, what should have happened to the Democrats that openly BOOED a President while he gave a State of the UNION speech?

Probably the the same thing that happened to the 20 Republicans who walked out in the Middle of Clinton's SOTU speech.

It's not the same thing. If you want to go back to booing, then you need to see that it started mainly with Clinton. And the Repubs rode that ML thing so hard they can't be all bent out of shape about anything, IMO. We had blow job stories on the front page of the WaPo fer chrissake. Very unseemly.

What do you think? Should they have censured the Democratic party? There are always comments under the breath, staying seated in silent protest, collective objections... Wilson did something very different. He openly attacked the president during his address.

Don't worry, the Democrats don't want to censure him, I wish they would because of the way I am feeling right now but it won't happen.

Probably the the same thing that happened to the 20 Republicans who walked out in the Middle of Clinton's SOTU speech.
They bring up the dems during Bush's term, but refuse to even acknowledge what the pubbies did during Clinton's.

I have mention them walking out on Clinton's SOTU at least 6 times now when they bring up Bush. NOT ONE SINGLE con has even acknowledge it.

WALKING THE FUCK OUT! No, they will not say a word about that.

I'll chime in with the others.....

what should have happened was exactly what happened to the 20 repubs who walked out on Clinton's State of the Union Address...and what I'm saying should be done to this idiot...

ignore the loons.

His opponent raked in about $200,000 in about a day after the episode. And THAT's in South Carolina where that sort of behavior is more accepted.

I think Obama's response was very gracious and I appreciate that he didn't try to play it for cheap points. Wilson would probably have been howling in outrage and faux indignation for a month or so.

The contrast has never been in sharper relief imho.

Apparently you are slow to the other threads on this.

BOOing is not a similar personal attack. And reps booed mightily when Clinton was in office. In fact 20 of them even WALKED OUT on Clinton is a SOTU address.

So, back to square one. This time, READ THE FUCKING QUESTION FIRST.

I never said it was exactly the same, fucknut... Read what I posted, not what your lame ass wanted me to say...

There's more than "boos" in the clip, fucknut... Plenty of disrespectin' goin' on...

Which is exactly what I said...

You're obviously not as selectively nuanced as the assha..... people on the left.

One person saying liar liar pants on fire is wayyyyyy worse than everyone booing and calling names.

Librals are experts at playing the victim,,

I never said it was exactly the same, fucknut... Read what I posted, not what your lame ass wanted me to say...

There's more than "boos" in the clip, fucknut... Plenty of disrespectin' goin' on...

Which is exactly what I said...

You're obviously not as selectively nuanced as the assha..... people on the left.

One person saying liar liar pants on fire is wayyyyyy worse than everyone booing and calling names.

Librals are experts at playing the victim,,
I know. Whining about being boo'd and all.

Librals (sic) are experts at playing the victim,,
and yet in this instance we saw a quick acceptance of the apology and a quick dismissal of censure talk. Obviously, you are entitled to your opinion, but the actual events are in direct conflict with your post.

Two very good examples of why I left the Republican Party 1) mean-spirited 2) rhetoric that is completely out of touch with reality. There's too much of that from far-left as well so it's not a one-way street. That's why I look for an individual (not a party) who can rise above that.

I don't agree with Obama 100% - but in THIS instance, he showed exactly what I like to see.

Last edited:
Librals (sic) are experts at playing the victim,,
and yet in this instance we saw a quick acceptance of the apology and a quick dismissal of censure talk. Obviously, you are entitled to your opinion, but the actual events are in direct conflict with your post.

Two very good examples of why I left the Republican Party 1) mean-spirited 2) rhetoric that is completely out of touch with reality. There's too much of that from far-left as well so it's not a one-way street. That's why I look for an individual (not a party) who can rise above that.

I don't agree with Obama 100% - but in THIS instance, he showed exactly what I like to see.

yet you cannot refute their repeated use of their victim card. i have no doubt in my mind that the demoncwats will not rest until Wilson is totally destroyed, just sit back and watch. and enjoy.

Forum List

Back