How come christians don't follow their own bible?

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
Haven't seen them do this

Matthew 18:9

And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.

My current favorite- and why did the Christians refuse to obey the law? Refuse to obey the authority of the State- the authority that Paul said came from God?

13 Every person should place themselves under the authority of the government. There isn’t any authority unless it comes from God, and the authorities that are there have been put in place by God.
2 So anyone who opposes the authority is standing against what God has established. People who take this kind of stand will get punished. 3 The authorities don’t frighten people who are doing the right thing. Rather, they frighten people who are doing wrong. Would you rather not be afraid of authority? Do what’s right, and you will receive its approval.
4 It is God’s servant given for your benefit. But if you do what’s wrong, be afraid because it doesn’t have weapons to enforce the law for nothing. It is God’s servant put in place to carry out his punishment on those who do what is wrong.
5 That is why it is necessary to place yourself under the government’s authority, not only to avoid God’s punishment but also for the sake of your conscience.
6 You should also pay taxes for the same reason, because the authorities are God’s assistants, concerned with this very thing.
7 So pay everyone what you owe them. Pay the taxes you owe, pay the duties you are charged, give respect to those you should respect, and honor those you should honor.

And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.
How come christians don't follow their own bible?
because they like yours better?......

You're not fooling anyone, it's easy to tell that you are a Christian.

They prefer to cherry-pick what they like and don't like in scripture. "I'll take some of this, some of that, none of this and none of that."

I dont know it stems from really bad teachers... I dont think the average man or women says to themselves please deceive me... I think most people would rather live with the truth then a lie but when there are so many versions of the same book and people selectively teach only what they want their flock to follow then after a while people just give up and let the experts....not really.... Show them.... I liken it to a man taking hos car to a mechanic the average guy just knows how to turn the car on and drive it he certainly doesnt know how to maintain it or fix it....

People rather like and accept living to their own precepts and pleasures. After being taught that this is acceptable it is not easy for humans to change this precept. It is that little drakon (serpent within) that tells the human 'eat what you like you won't really die' or one could say be dead to the spirit that gives life.

You should pay more attention to people then .

You should also follow your own bible.

Americans in particular wrap the bible around their lives. When Jesus instead says you should wrap your life around the bible and his teachings.

They use it to make themselves feel good about all the evil crap they do. Then they go out and do it again because they know they have an easy way out. "ahm forgiven for everything I do".

For the weak minded this translates to you are free to do whatever you like, then be forgiven. This is why I say most people are fake Christians. They claim the name, but in now way follow the Christ.

Many embrace a religion without any spirituality in it and they are like many of the illustrations given in the bible. They went through the practice and ritual but mixed no faith with it so they lost the meaning of the whole thing. It happens in churches today and only the individual can admit in his own heart it it is a true pursuit and worship from the heart. As for forgiveness...when you confess it isn't when God found out about it it is just the time when you release it

How about this...originally the people were graded and tested by an old test...it had rules and regulations they were to follow but the majority failed the old test either through ignorance, plain laziness or they just didnt want to live the way the old test was set up so a new test was devised in this new test nothing was required of the pupil... There were no rules no regulations and all that was required was for them to bel lie to eve..... So the majority being plain lazy, ignorant or just wanted to do what they wanted to do with no consequences followed the easier new test ament and rejected the older harder old test ament.... Pretty simple and straightforward as to why they do not know their bible because it is nort required and does not come with any instructions and the failure rate is zero...

How about this...originally the people were graded and tested by an old test...it had rules and regulations they were to follow but the majority failed the old test either through ignorance, plain laziness or they just didnt want to live the way the old test was set up so a new test was devised in this new test nothing was required of the pupil... There were no rules no regulations and all that was required was for them to bel lie to eve..... So the majority being plain lazy, ignorant or just wanted to do what they wanted to do with no consequences followed the easier new test ament and rejected the older harder old test ament.... Pretty simple and straightforward as to why they do not know their bible because it is nort required and does not come with any instructions and the failure rate is zero...
Ignorance and lack of knowledge plays a part in all human strivings. The New and the Old compliment one another if understanding by the spirit has been given (afforded).

How long does it take to establish and growup an eternal soul? And do all children all grow at the same rate? The ten absolute commands are pretty easy to understand and pretty basic in most cultures.

League of Librarians

The Bible suggests that reading of the proverbs and psalms requires a balanced perspective on idea comparisons and empathy towards detail confusion.

Christians can become fanatics just like followers of any religion, but maybe Hollywood (USA) movies such as "American Psycho" (2000) suggest that interpretation is as important as studiousness.

:afro:

Americans in particular wrap the bible around their lives. When Jesus instead says you should wrap your life around the bible and his teachings.

They use it to make themselves feel good about all the evil crap they do. Then they go out and do it again because they know they have an easy way out. "ahm forgiven for everything I do".

For the weak minded this translates to you are free to do whatever you like, then be forgiven. This is why I say most people are fake Christians. They claim the name, but in now way follow the Christ.
^ that

One notices that the OP never condemns members of any other group that do not follow to the letter every guideline of the group. Only Christians.

One also notes that Christians, being fallible human beings, fall prey to temptation and fail to live up to God's standards.

One also finally notes that Christianity is not religion, it's relationship. Many, however, who claim the name of Christ do so as religion, not as relationship, hence they can't get it right. It is beyond obvious that those who do not even claim the name of Christ are simply incapable of understanding it. Take this test.

You are about to be married. On the day of your wedding, you approach your spouse and say, "Give me a written list of rules which you expect me to live by so I can demand your acceptance. I will spend my entire life trying to add qualifications to them, twist the meanings of their words, and get as close to the line as I can, so that I can plausibly claim I lived up to them. Thus, I can demand that you accept me and not leave me". What do you think the reaction would be? Of course you would not do something so stupid. If you actually love your spouse, you instead watch them, listen to them, pay attention to what they like and dislike, and thus demonstrate your love through your actions. If you mess up, cross the line and hurt your spouse, you apologize and try never to do it again. You don't NEED a written list of rules. That's the difference between religion and relationship. Those who want to live their lives as they please, thinking that God will accept them no matter what are fooling themselves. Those who live in relationship with God, OTOH, do not live by a bunch of rules, they seek every day to please God. When they sin, true repentance follows. Remember this:

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

What matters? Whether He knows you. You can do all kinds of nice things and it won't matter at all if you don't have a relationship. And if you have relationship, you don't think "I can get away with anything", you think "How can I please God?". You wouldn't do that to your spouse, why would you do it to God?

Guno, how adorable you were before you "Evolved"!

150716-just-like-jesus-would-have-wanted.jpg

It has to do with lost causes.

Better to get rid of them even though it pains you to do so...than to suffer forever because of them.

It means be humble and not so self-righteous.......something liberals find difficult to do.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back