How Conservatives View Liberals

bendog

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2013
Dog House in back yard
How DC s conservative elite view liberals MSNBC
As the article points out, there's a certain amount of hypocrisy in that libertarians, at least consistent libertarians, view restrictions on adults and sex with inherent suspicion. And, the Right is certainly not tolerant of others on immigration and climate reform. But still, I thought there were some interesting thoughts that weren't total bs.

Right wingers say things as idiotic as this: Woodrow Wilson and FDR were not fighting for gender-neutral bathrooms,

What stupid people. They say the left is intellectually dead. Coming from people who believe science is a faith, evolution a lie and climate change a conspiracy? Hilarious.

Their ignorance leads them into believing the Democrats are a bunch of liberals regardless of the FACT of the enormous diversity of the Democratic Party. You can list Democratic accomplishments of the last 25 years. The list is very long. The list of Republican "accomplishments" are one ignorant failure after another without a shred of responsibility for any of them for the last 25 years.

And people who scream "let him die" and "feed the poor and they will breed" judge the morals of others? Really?

Interesting in that most all those views show up here. Misguided as they are.......

As the article points out, there's a certain amount of hypocrisy in that libertarians, at least consistent libertarians, view restrictions on adults and sex with inherent suspicion. And, the Right is certainly not tolerant of others on immigration and climate reform. But still, I thought there were some interesting thoughts that weren't total bs.

You, "thought there were some interesting thoughts that weren't total bs" but could not bother to reference one?

Thanks for that.

I really needed a MSLSD reporter telling me what I think of liberals. Reading the article was a total waste of time. There's nothing interesting in it.

Yet another thread where liberals make up lies about conservatives and then bash them for it?

Don't you people have anything useful to do?

BTW, the linked article keeps locking up with a picture of Mardi Gras.

You, "thought there were some interesting thoughts that weren't total bs" but could not bother to reference one?

Thanks for that.
Gee thanks for your substantive (cough cough) comment. But, I thought that in general its true that liberals favor more of an evening out of outcomes, such as the link to the story about wanting to eliminate summer vacation from school because if negatively affects poorer students more. And there's the moves for political correctness, which the article is pretty devoid of actual examples, but there are some in the areas of "when its ok to kiss the girl," or "every kid gets a trophy."

Which is why I posted it. But again, I really want to thank you for taking time to read the link and engage in substantive and nonoffensive communication. As usual, its been a treat.

Thanks for that.
Gee thanks for your substantive (cough cough) comment. But, I thought that in general its true that liberals favor more of an evening out of outcomes, such as the link to the story about wanting to eliminate summer vacation from school because if negatively affects poorer students more. And there's the moves for political correctness, which the article is pretty devoid of actual examples, but there are some in the areas of "when its ok to kiss the girl," or "every kid gets a trophy."

Which is why I posted it. But again, I really want to thank you for taking time to read the link and engage in substantive and nonoffensive communication. As usual, its been a treat.

A Substantive OP deserved an equally Substantive reply.

Really appreciate your follow-up "effort."

IMHO

Summary of Interesting Thought:
The real cracks in liberalism would begin to show when existential threats begin to threaten America at home and abroad, the panelists said.

Interesting Thought:

Should the world continue to become a more dangerous place, should the homeland be threatened, or should we witness a return to 1970s levels of violent crime, I think that would put a considerable damper on prospects of liberalism,” said Azerrad, who called the liberal outlook “the luxury of a bored, prosperous and safe people."

Supporting Example:

When crime was rampant in New York City, voters didn’t trust Democrats to be in charge, added Voegeli. “Once you had 20 years, under Giuliani and Bloomberg, where the garbage picked up, and the bills were paid, and the streets were safe, New York felt safe to go back to someone like de Blasio.”

Yet another thread where liberals make up lies about conservatives and then bash them for it?

Don't you people have anything useful to do?

BTW, the linked article keeps locking up with a picture of Mardi Gras.

Do you have some examples? I keep hearing about all the lies about conservatives, like Republicans blocked the president from investigating BP after the oil spill, or Republicans lied us into Iraq, or Republicans practicing voter suppression, or Obama extended the Bush tax cuts because Republicans threatened to block unemployment benefits for millions of Americans and so on. Then I find out those are all true. I've yet to hear the lies.

I would really like it if you could share some with us.

Right wingers say things as idiotic as this: Woodrow Wilson and FDR were not fighting for gender-neutral bathrooms,

What stupid people. They say the left is intellectually dead. Coming from people who believe science is a faith, evolution a lie and climate change a conspiracy? Hilarious.

Their ignorance leads them into believing the Democrats are a bunch of liberals regardless of the FACT of the enormous diversity of the Democratic Party. You can list Democratic accomplishments of the last 25 years. The list is very long. The list of Republican "accomplishments" are one ignorant failure after another without a shred of responsibility for any of them for the last 25 years.

And people who scream "let him die" and "feed the poor and they will breed" judge the morals of others? Really?
It was actually a democrat that said that, trying to put words in a republicans mouth. Kinda like you still think palin said she could see russia from her house. Liberals are mentally ill.

Forum List

Back