How do you ACCIDENTALLY fire a gun THREE times? -- kate Steinle incident

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
That's what the killer claims happened. Gun was a 40 caliber automatic. I can see ONE accidental firing but not 3!! Jurors wanted to examine the gun and dry-fire it but the corrupt judge said no.

Shooting of Kathryn Steinle - Wikipedia

On July 1, 2015, 29-year-old Kathryn Steinle, while walking with her father and a friend along Pier 14 in the Embarcadero district of San Francisco, was shot by Jose Inez Garcia Zarate. He initially claimed that he fired at a sea lion, then that he fired the shots accidentally while picking up the gun which he claimed he had found moments before, wrapped in cloth beneath the bench on which he was sitting. Zarate fired 3 shots, one of which ricocheted off the concrete deck of the pier striking the victim in the back. Steinle died two hours later in the hospital as a result of her injuries.

Garcia Zarate told ABC station KGO-TV in a jailhouse interview that he started wandering on Pier 14, a tourist attraction area at the Embarcadero waterfront district, Wednesday, July 1, after taking sleeping pills he found in a dumpster. He said he then picked up a gun that he found.[1] Garcia Zarate fired three shots from a .40-caliber SIG Sauer P239 handgun with a seven-cartridge magazine.[2][3] One bullet struck Steinle in the back and pierced her aorta. She collapsed to the pavement while screaming to her father, who was accompanying her at the pier, for help.[

Why are crying? It wont change the verdict. The guy walks and gets deported. Case over.

If the story about the fatal bullet being a ricochet is true, then kate's death was likely not murder. It was an accidental shooting that involved extreme recklessness and that should be manslaughter.

That's what the killer claims happened. Gun was a 40 caliber automatic. I can see ONE accidental firing but not 3!! Jurors wanted to examine the gun and dry-fire it but the corrupt judge said no.

On July 1, 2015, 29-year-old Kathryn Steinle, while walking with her father and a friend along Pier 14 in the Embarcadero district of San Francisco, was shot by Jose Inez Garcia Zarate. He initially claimed that he fired at a sea lion, then that he fired the shots accidentally while picking up the gun which he claimed he had found moments before, wrapped in cloth beneath the bench on which he was sitting. Zarate fired 3 shots, one of which ricocheted off the concrete deck of the pier striking the victim in the back. Steinle died two hours later in the hospital as a result of her injuries.

Garcia Zarate told ABC station KGO-TV in a jailhouse interview that he started wandering on Pier 14, a tourist attraction area at the Embarcadero waterfront district, Wednesday, July 1, after taking sleeping pills he found in a dumpster. He said he then picked up a gun that he found.[1] Garcia Zarate fired three shots from a .40-caliber SIG Sauer P239 handgun with a seven-cartridge magazine.[2][3] One bullet struck Steinle in the back and pierced her aorta. She collapsed to the pavement while screaming to her father, who was accompanying her at the pier, for help.[
My guess is the prosecutor was hand-picked to throw their case.
Seems the only way you can get these fuckers deported is let them murder some woman in cold-blood and let them off with a slap on the wrist.

Damn I didn't know that. I am as open minded as the next guy, probably moreso, even than some Democratic supporters under the right circumstances. This just seems like a miscarriage of justice on so many levels.

I wonder if the prosecution even made the jury aware of that point?

Made aware of what point?

The point is, how did he "accidentally" fire three rounds when according to him, he picked up a pistol that he found lying on a bench, wrapped in a towel? Each shot fired from a semi-automatic pistol requires that the trigger be pulled all the way to the rear of the trigger guard. I carry a 9mm Glock 19 every day and in all my years of experience with firearms, have never seen a semi-automatic pistol fire three successive rounds unless you pull the trigger three successive times.

Somethings really fucky about that trial.

Damn I didn't know that.

Neither did anyone else, because the shameless, lying OP made it up and edited the wikipedia page himself. Note the source after the statement actually says only one round had been fired from the cartridge:

Bullet that killed Steinle at Pier 14 appears to have ricocheted

Don't think that you know the OP edited the Wiki page. But it has been edited back and forth for several days now. As you can see from the "History" notes here ... Shooting of Kathryn Steinle: Revision history - Wikipedia

SO -- there's a dispute. And that thread is locked. Which in Wiki world means the dispute is under review.

In the meantime -- you all need to go to PRIMARY sources and ignore the dispute in the Wiki..

My guess is the prosecutor was hand-picked to throw their case.
Seems the only way you can get these fuckers deported is let them murder some woman in cold-blood and let them off with a slap on the wrist.

I thought the same thing. The state didn't want to win the case because the perp was an illegal. Is CA really that sick? YES.

Made aware of what point?

The point is, how did he "accidentally" fire three rounds when according to him, he picked up a pistol that he found lying on a bench, wrapped in a towel? Each shot fired from a semi-automatic pistol requires that the trigger be pulled all the way to the rear of the trigger guard. I carry a 9mm Glock 19 every day and in all my years of experience with firearms, have never seen a semi-automatic pistol fire three successive rounds unless you pull the trigger three successive times.

Somethings really fucky about that trial.

Who told you the gun fired 3 rounds and why did you believe them?

Damn I didn't know that.

Neither did anyone else, because the shameless, lying OP made it up and edited the wikipedia page himself. Note the source after the statement actually says only one round had been fired from the cartridge:

Don't think that you know the OP edited the Wiki page. But it has been edited back and forth for several days now. As you can see from the "History" notes here ... Shooting of Kathryn Steinle: Revision history - Wikipedia

SO -- there's a dispute. And that thread is locked. Which in Wiki world means the dispute is under review.

In the meantime -- you all need to go to PRIMARY sources and ignore the dispute in the Wiki..
There is no dispute. The OP or his source was lying. Only one shot was fired from the gun.

"San Francisco police criminalist and ballistics expert Gerald Andrew Smith displayed the gun that was used in the shooting. It was a black Sig Sauer P239 .40 caliber semi-automatic pistol that had been recovered by divers from the San Francisco Bay near Pier 14 the day after the homicide.

Smith said one round had been fired from the seven cartridge magazine clip and that the gun was still functioning normally."

If he would have obtained his permit, we might have solved this debate!

RocketFlatEarth_web_1024.jpg

Forum List

Back