How Do You Get Arrested For Merely Trying To Clear A Blocked Road?

toobfreak

Tungsten/Glass Member
Apr 29, 2017
A visitor of Yellowstone was apparently out of his car just trying to coax a bison to move from the middle of the road so that traffic could get by. The dumb animal would just stand there in the middle of the street. OK, I get that.

So how does he end up getting arrested for it? And for what? "Harassing" a buffalo? Have our laws become crazy or what?

Yellowstone visitor taunts bison, prompts investigation for 'reckless' behavior

It’s about liability and protection from lawsuits by stupid people. That buffalo could have got pissed off at any moment and charged the guy and killed him. Then his family sues. You don’t get out of your car and start screwing with wild animals.

It would have been a better video if he had been stomped into a pulp of stupidity. Maybe next time. The DNA stupid gene is still with him.

It would have been a better video if he had been stomped into a pulp of stupidity. Maybe next time. The DNA stupid gene is still with him.

There's plenty of room there. If people just take their turns, cars could just drive around him. He's peaceful if left alone and you just move slowly. As to liability, no, either put up a wire fence in areas to keep bison and cars from meeting or tell people entering the park that they do so at their own risk.

A visitor of Yellowstone was apparently out of his car just trying to coax a bison to move from the middle of the road so that traffic could get by. The dumb animal would just stand there in the middle of the street. OK, I get that.

So how does he end up getting arrested for it? And for what? "Harassing" a buffalo? Have our laws become crazy or what?

They were 100 percent right to charge him. He was not clearing the road, he was harassing the buffalo and maybe this will save his life 1 day. He was very lucky the bison didn't stomp him. If he had, the bison would have received the death penalty for that which is unfair. This guy was a repeat offender and was drunk earlier and when they caught up with him at Yellowstone harassing the workers. This guy got what he deserved.

If you have ever been to Yellowstone, there are signs everywhere informing people that doing what he did is illegal.

There's plenty of room there. If people just take their turns, cars could just drive around him. He's peaceful if left alone and you just move slowly. As to liability, no, either put up a wire fence in areas to keep bison and cars from meeting or tell people entering the park that they do so at their own risk.
Let me guess, you're a city boy........

They were 100 percent right to charge him. He was not clearing the road, he was harassing the buffalo and maybe this will save his life 1 day. He was very lucky the bison didn't stomp him. If he had, the bison would have received the death penalty for that which is unfair. This guy was a repeat offender and was drunk earlier and when they caught up with him at Yellowstone harassing the workers. This guy got what he deserved.

The article said something like 30 people get mauled each year by bison. Are there signs up telling people to stay in their cars and that getting out and interacting with them is a punishable offense? So if one lays down in the street and goes to sleep, you should park there and just sit till the next day? Sounds like Animals Over Man again, the mantra of the angry white liberal, he was clearing the road, the video showed he got the bison out of the way, and so was safeguarding the bison not harassing him, further, he was protecting the environment by allowing those cars to move rather than sit there all day with engines running. Guy deserves a medal, and another drink.

I worked very closely with forest rangers in Yellowstone for many years. The things that idiots will do never failed to amaze me. If this guy had gotten hurt or killed the animal would have been killed. The government would have been sued.
You are handed material when you enter the park, there are signs everywhere that tell you to leave the animals alone. You are in their area not a zoo. They are wild animals not tame. If you want someone to keep you safe from animals visit a zoo.

One idiot put his two children on the back of a black bear then was going to take a picture. The bear shook them off then took a swipe at one of the children. Fortunately for the bear it did not hit the kid. This crazy father threatened to sue the park and wanted the bear killed. Later heard when it went to court the judge threw the suit out.

I worked very closely with forest rangers in Yellowstone for many years. The things that idiots will do never failed to amaze me. If this guy had gotten hurt or killed the animal would have been killed. The government would have been sued.
You are handed material when you enter the park, there are signs everywhere that tell you to leave the animals alone. You are in their area not a zoo. They are wild animals not tame. If you want someone to keep you safe from animals visit a zoo.

One idiot put his two children on the back of a black bear then was going to take a picture. The bear shook them off then took a swipe at one of the children. Fortunately for the bear it did not hit the kid. This crazy father threatened to sue the park and wanted the bear killed. Later heard when it went to court the judge threw the suit out.

Yep. Real stupid people. I'd be willing to bet that if tallied, most or all such people are leftists and democrats.

It’s about liability and protection from lawsuits by stupid people. That buffalo could have got pissed off at any moment and charged the guy and killed him. Then his family sues. You don’t get out of your car and start screwing with wild animals.
The sad thing is that the animal could have gone wild no matter what the man did.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

Got a link? I looked and I couldn't find anything like this. The closest thing I could find was that snopes had a story about a child covered in honey mauled by a bear and it was just legend.

Got a link? I looked and I couldn't find anything like this. The closest thing I could find was that snopes had a story about a child covered in honey mauled by a bear and it was just legend.
Don't have a link as I got told it by the forest ranger that witnessed it and was the same one the parent demanded he kill the bear. This same ranger was the one who later told me it was thrown out of court. Other Rangers told me stories about some of the rediculous things they had witnessed. Some even stated that when told to get back into their vehicles the people were indignant.

I myself have seen people feeding bears from their cars then yell about the bad bear that broke the window or scraped the car trying to get food when it stopped coming.

Forum List

Back