How is the sun not responsible for warming the ocean?

The ocean has been steadily warming. What's responsible for this warming?

• Sun

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Atmosphere

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Overwhelmingly the sun with a minor contribution by the atmosphere

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Overwhelmingly the atmosphere with a minor contribution by the atmosphere

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The chart at the end suggested that the oceans have picked up 300+ zettajoules. What I'm getting is that this is 7x10^22 calories and that would mean that the temp rises 53C. That can't be. What do you calculate?
What are you using for the mass of the ocean? And the heat capacity of water?

Keep in mind they are starting from 1960 and excluding the heat that existed before that. The following shows a more complete picture of heat in the ocean and temperature swings.

1722808834488.png

As for temperature... the mean ocean temperature difference between interglacial periods and glacial periods is ~ 6C. Corresponding air temperature differences are 8 to 12C.

1722808962375.png

I think you are an idiot. Those are excellent example of natural selection at work. Natural selection has two components: functional advantage and transfer of functional advantage.

How can man adapting to different environments not be proving my point?
Shove it up your ass dipshit.

It's idiotic to believe that Homo sapiens are no longer subject to natural selection.
It's idiotic for you to believe anyone on this forum, even the braindead deniers here, thinks you know what you're talking about re ANYTHING.

It's idiotic for you to believe anyone on this forum, even the braindead deniers here, thinks you know what you're talking about re ANYTHING.
Yes, because saying living things are subject to natural selection is so far fetched. :icon_rolleyes:

Forum List

Back